Magically Claiming Unguilded Lands

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

What system would you prefer?

Poll ended at 21 Mar 2014, 21:58

Magic Monument stone erases your claim to the land
18%
Fight to defend your home from invading guilds
82%

Total votes : 17

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Magically Claiming Unguilded Lands

Post by Seppuku » 14 Mar 2014, 21:54

The current system lets you place a magic stone that has the power to erase a claim with no combat or negotiations.

I propse that anyone who places a claim will retain that claim EVEN IF a guild places a monument nearby. The previous peasant Claimstones in the area would give the Newfound land owning guild leader a few options upon completion of the monument.
Option 1. Declare War
Option 2. Tax
Option 3. Incorporate
Now option 1 they declare war and have to destroy your claimstone before they can build in your area.
Option 2 allows them to set a light to heavy tax on any resources gathered on the land
Option 3 treats the land owner as a citizen and allows them to come and go as they please without taxation.

With option 2 the peasant would have the option to pay or not, but to refuse would automatically trigger option 1.
Last edited by Seppuku on 14 Mar 2014, 21:59, edited 3 times in total.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Re: Magically Claiming Unguilded Lands

Post by Protunia » 14 Mar 2014, 21:56

Now option 1 they declare war and have to destroy your claimstone before they can build in your area.

Where did you get this magic claimstone?
Last edited by Protunia on 14 Mar 2014, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 14 Mar 2014, 22:02

Protunia wrote:Where did you get this magic claimstone?

It's magic because it erases my claim to my land without any player interaction. To me that's pure magic.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 14 Mar 2014, 22:05

The magical one on your personal claim they have to destroy...where did it come from??

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 14 Mar 2014, 22:16

Protunia wrote:The magical one on your personal claim they have to destroy...where did it come from??

What ain't no country I ever heard of... They speak English in what?
Cimmerian Mercenary

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 15 Mar 2014, 01:45

There are no limits to whom you fight anytime, anywhere with the exception of the NPC town. 1 person declaring war on a realm = you lose 100% of the time. Why make it more tedious when an eviction or tenant system only costs you the building.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 15 Mar 2014, 02:18

It doesn't just cost you the building.

You have have put hours or days into terraforming your little plot of land, or maybe it has valuable resources or location.

You should have to take the land from the solo owner, you have 10 people, surely its not to much to ask that you physically have to do it rather than press a magic button.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 15 Mar 2014, 03:10

Archaegeo wrote:It doesn't just cost you the building.

You have have put hours or days into terraforming your little plot of land, or maybe it has valuable resources or location.

You should have to take the land from the solo owner, you have 10 people, surely its not to much to ask that you physically have to do it rather than press a magic button.

This magic button you refer to is actually a giant stone monument that requires stone and other resources and players skilling up to manually build it. So it is in fact not a magic button so stfu with the magic button horsepucky.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 15 Mar 2014, 03:52

But it is a magic button, because you never have to do anything to the solo'ers personal claim to take it.

You build it on a personal claim, so its not attackable.

And barring you killing the resources providers 24/7, there is nothing you can do to stop its completion and the loss of your claim (currently)

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 15 Mar 2014, 05:28

No you can't stop it you can leave that's the point.

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 15 Mar 2014, 06:43

This is not more magic than placing a personal claim itself. Want to be safe - rent a calim in the capital.

And stop creating this nonsence threads and puzzle everyone around.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 15 Mar 2014, 07:14

Telakh wrote:And stop creating this nonsence threads and puzzle everyone around.

This.

I'm getting tired of those general discussion suggestions/votes made by persons who are looking at game design only from their own perspective.

I will do nothing with that thread, but kindly ask to reduce those "Suggestion+Vote in General discussion" activities. Especially with such biased voting options.
Thank you in advance.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 15 Mar 2014, 12:46

Bobik,

Hope you aren't telling paying customers they cant voice dissatisfaction with a system and ask others their opinion of possible changes?

I know that cant be your intent, you are super responsive and so far showing a great dev team with rapid response to issues.

Everyone, including you, look at the game design from their own viewpoint.

Often people post on the forum simply to vent and seek commiseration with others who feel the same way.

I cant believe that LiF will be: "My way or the highway"

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 15 Mar 2014, 13:41

Biased? Is that not an accurate description of the monument system?

If you don't want solo players in this game just say it.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 15 Mar 2014, 13:56

Archaegeo wrote:paying customers"
I understand this may be very confusing, especialy if it comes to financial matters, but I believe I have to explain this.

You are not 'paying customer' nor anyone else, and that's because nobody have bought the game. You are a donator, a supporter who was rewarded with alpha access. So you behaving like someone, who bought a product and is dissapointed with it because someone delivered to him something different than what he payed for is very inappropriate.

Seppuku wrote:Biased? Is that not an accurate description of the monument system?

And as for solo players - Map is really, really big, actually... It's huge! So the chance that solo players will be chased by guilds all over this giant map just to be harrased for their piece of land is really, really small. So please, stop making it as whole game is set up against solo players, because it's not.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 15 Mar 2014, 14:14

You should close this thread. There is no point for it to be any longer.

Next time, I suggest you discuss that in suggestion forum, because it is the right one, and without a poll, because that limits our choices when we need to debate about a feature of a game that won't be released before a long time.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 15 Mar 2014, 14:51

Hoshiqua wrote:You should close this thread. There is no point for it to be any longer.

Next time, I suggest you discuss that in suggestion forum, because it is the right one, and without a poll, because that limits our choices when we need to debate about a feature of a game that won't be released before a long time.

I agree 100% anything that discusses or suggests in any way changing the games mechanics, features, or future ideas at all needs to be in suggestions and ideas.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 15 Mar 2014, 15:42

Arrakis09 wrote:
I understand this may be very confusing, especialy if it comes to financial matters, but I believe I have to explain this.

You are not 'paying customer' nor anyone else, and that's because nobody have bought the game. You are a donator, a supporter who was rewarded with alpha access. So you behaving like someone, who bought a product and is dissapointed with it because someone delivered to him something different than what he payed for is very inappropriate.

Arrakis,

Normally you would be right, but the fact that we are getting our donation back at launch in form of characters and shop item cash makes this into a pre-purchase rather than a donation so we are paying customers.

Its a brilliant model, but by giving something for money, that makes us paying customers.

I know its called a donation, but calling a pig a horse doesn't make it so even if you put a saddle on it.

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 15 Mar 2014, 16:00

I plan on buying several characters. If it's worth it. If it's going to be a FFA PVP Arena then I'll probably just stick with the one.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Thurgeis
Alpha Tester

Post by Thurgeis » 15 Mar 2014, 16:03

Archaegeo wrote:
Arrakis09 wrote:

Arrakis,

Normally you would be right, but the fact that we are getting our donation back at launch in form of characters and shop item cash makes this into a pre-purchase rather than a donation so we are paying customers.

Its a brilliant model, but by giving something for money, that makes us paying customers.

I know its called a donation, but calling a pig a horse doesn't make it so even if you put a saddle on it.

You are wrong,
char+stuff can be seen as a reward for your testing, even if you think there is a connection between your payment and your reward, there isn't.
I mean they could revoke your reward at any time as they only promised loyal followers and donators alpha access, they told us more than one time that this is a donation, this means you didn't buy anything!
If they would do this, they surely would loose pissed of donators, but it would be still legal.
donator ≠ paying customer (by law)

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 15 Mar 2014, 16:43

Seppuku wrote:Biased? Is that not an accurate description of the monument system?

It is biased and it is not accurate. That system not even close to implementation yet, but you're fighting about it as if it is already implemented and caused you to suffer endless pain.

It was answered above about "paying customer" and I share Arrakis' opinion on that matter.

As about voicing an opinion:

You are doing that too much, compared to others.

And the funniest thing, that others had sounded their opinions in your threads and even voted in a less biased voting poll (the one that had normal voting options:

Yet you keep shacking the boat and trying to achieve something with those countless threads.

Archaegeo and Sepukku I kindly ask both of you to breath out and wait till we gonna have that system working, so more players will be able to fully understand what are we all talking about. After that feel free to start another poll topic in a suggestions section.

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 15 Mar 2014, 16:55

No problem boss. I think we have made our points. The proof is in the pudding so they say.
Cimmerian Mercenary

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 15 Mar 2014, 17:10

Actually it would make more sense than direct eviction.

When you takeover a kingdom, you just tax your newly acquired villages, peasants would then support different kings depending on how they treat their citizens leading to drama, etc.
Spoiler

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 15 Mar 2014, 18:45

Now after what Bobik have said I believe we can end this discussion right here.

Return to General Discussion