Please stop saying its Group oriented- Read the Key Features

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Please stop saying its Group oriented- Read the Key Features

Post by Archaegeo » 14 Mar 2014, 23:46

http://lifeisfeudal.com/Key-features

The world Guild is not even mentioned on the Key Features page.

Yes, there are guild mechanics, there is also a TON of support for solo play.

Why cant we have both? There is a lot of money to be made off of solo and small group players.

Yes, this does come back to why does a mechanic of the game support 10 people building a rock and pressing a button to evict up to 83 solo players from a 170m radius area. (Extreme case, but 170m radius could contain 93 solo 18m2 claims).

But again, there isn't anything about Guilds on the Key Features page. You have to dig to get to that.

So please stop telling people that if they don't want to belong to a guild this isn't the game for them. This game has TONS to offer solo/small group players.

And I am someone who does NOT favor personal claims making everything on them magically invulnerable as planned.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Re: Please stop saying its Group oriented- Read the Key Feat

Post by Proximo » 15 Mar 2014, 01:13

This game already support solo player's by making personal claims untouchable. If a clan claims it's 170m or whatever and your on it then move off it. Realms won't hold all the land in the game. The planned mechanics already cover every angle.

I literally don't understand why your trying to get total destruction of personal claims in instead of just moving. If you actually think that would make things better for solo players then I am very glad your not a developer of this game. :fool:

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 15 Mar 2014, 02:25

The point is the solo player spends a lot of time making his claim look like he wants, maybe he has a few buddies (but not 10) and they all live near each other.

A guild comes in and builds a realm, now in 24 hours they lose weeks of work (terraforming and building) plus any resources provided by their location (trees, forests, ore veins, etc) with nothing they can do about it.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 15 Mar 2014, 03:00

This is the last time I'm going to repeat myself to you. Guilds in this game can lose 100% of everything. Your city can be destroyed or conquered. A city full of personal claims can be lost.

Weigh this against a solo player being evicted and given 24 hours to move from his house.

Take your time to think about what I have just said for at least a minute.

Your issue does not have anything to do with a group. If you have a group you put down a claim.

The solo player currently is able to own a small piece of land to store things so he can keep living that none can touch. This is a necessity so newbies don't get pooped on and quit.

Loss keeps this game rolling and without it LiF will die.

Read this post several times before your make a response please and thank you.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 15 Mar 2014, 03:55

Noobie solo'ers and small group players will quit the first time they lose days of terraforming and building work to a realm coming along and wanting their location for some reason.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 15 Mar 2014, 05:24

Archaegeo wrote:Noobie solo'ers and small group players will quit the first time they lose days of terraforming and building work to a realm coming along and wanting their location for some reason.

Life is Feudal, people interested in this game won't pussy out that quickly. The realm system is way more harsh then the solo one. Kingdoms will rise and fall and the people in them will disperse or be assimilated and that's all part of nation building which is a much more interesting feature then building a house.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 15 Mar 2014, 10:47

How far can you stretch this, really?

Tantal
Alpha Tester

Post by Tantal » 15 Mar 2014, 10:59

When a guild really wants to destroy my claim, it's fine for me: I have my sword, I have my shovel, I gained more skill points since I build my last house, and anyways I don't want to live near such unfriendly neighbours....

So I would start again on a better place, and have a better game experience :)

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 15 Mar 2014, 12:20

It is kind of hard to imagine that someone can spend weeks to terraform 10x10 tiles spot. There can't be anything valuable.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 15 Mar 2014, 12:31

Telakh wrote:It is kind of hard to imagine that someone can spend weeks to terraform 10x10 tiles spot. There can't be anything valuable.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 15 Mar 2014, 12:43

Seppuku wrote:I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Thought you have agreed that loosing claim is fine as long as you are able to fight for it.

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 15 Mar 2014, 16:57

I begrudgingly agreed, but I still feel like the system is flawed and highly exploitable, but I can't make anymore decisions until I test it in game.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Drakes821
Alpha Tester

Post by Drakes821 » 15 Mar 2014, 17:04

Wow did this really need another thread right on top of your other one?

The game is in early alpha and the feature isn't even implemented yet, take a breath and calm down.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 15 Mar 2014, 17:42

It is funny the number of people telling me to take a breath and calm down, and I am perfectly calm.

I discuss this before it is in game because it is easier to change a system in the design process than it is once it has been implemented

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 15 Mar 2014, 18:11

Archaegeo wrote:It is funny the number of people telling me to take a breath and calm down, and I am perfectly calm.
It is not so funny just because making 6,5 similar threads about the same topic is kind of annoying.

Don't take it as an offense as I do respect your position though I don't agree with it.
But what you do with Seppuku is like making a panic, shouting "Run! Run! It is gonna crush us!" before the first automobile has ever been constructed. :D

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 16 Mar 2014, 14:23

Archaegeo wrote:This game has TONS to offer solo/small group players.

Yes, so please stop complaining. The realm thingie is not a big problem and easily avoided.

If you dont want to get absorbed by a guild then DONT build next to a guild. It really is that simple.

Besides, a reward without risk is no reward at all.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 16 Mar 2014, 14:31

Thokan,

I am thinking of the solo / small group income for the game.

And it isn't about building next to a guild, its about a guild coming along and coveting your plot for some reason (location/ore/flattening you've done, etc).

But we've moved on, its going to be what its going to be, the game doesn't want to support solo'ers outside of renting land around city, that's its call, just seems like a silly reason to lose income.

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 16 Mar 2014, 14:47

The only thing really silly is endless speculation about things that haven't even been tested and balanced yet.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 16 Mar 2014, 15:12

Saxxon wrote:The only thing really silly is endless speculation about things that haven't even been tested and balanced yet.

This.

And Archaegeo, I ask you this, stop with this pointless speculations about solo vs group playing. If you really want nothing more but to play alone then I'm sure you'll find a way to have a decent life in LiF world.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 16 Mar 2014, 16:45

Arra,

It is far from pointless. Solo vs group play is very pointed and a meaningful discussion.

I appreciate others have different views from me on the issues, some share mine. But telling us to stop discussing it when the game is still being developed is just silly.

We are customers now, or by your definition, donators, we are still future customers and should be allowed to express our opinions as much as we want on an issue, and others should reply.

If I was doing nothing but starting thread after thread it would be one thing, but Im not, each thread was different in intent, and I am not necro'ing threads where no one has replied. Also I am dropping the issue for now, but that beside the point, no one is forced to read or reply to the threads, but don't tell us to shut up discussing game features.

Moderate, don't censor.

Thanks.

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 16 Mar 2014, 17:27

I respect your opinion and I wish to continue to do so but remember discussion and complaining are two completely different things and please don't get them confused.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 16 Mar 2014, 18:49

Archaegeo wrote:Thokan,

I am thinking of the solo / small group income for the game.

And it isn't about building next to a guild, its about a guild coming along and coveting your plot for some reason (location/ore/flattening you've done, etc).

But we've moved on, its going to be what its going to be, the game doesn't want to support solo'ers outside of renting land around city, that's its call, just seems like a silly reason to lose income.

The solo/small groups are more protected than guilds. Would you please understand this. You have a preconception that there will be an inflation of large guilds claiming lands. It won't. The mechanics to attack other guilds and siege them is far too easy, and the gameplay is too largely based upon that gameplay, for it to not keep the guilds down.

This small risk is the only agressive mechanic existing between the hermit and guild parts of the game. It is needed for interaction. It wouldnt be much of a multiplayer game if there was no interaction in the mechanics.

This game is very forgiving. You even have your 100% safe singleplayer option catered to you in the form of town claims. As it is there is a high reward and almost no risk in playing in small groups. The devs could have opted for a much more unforgiving relation. The gameplay and mechanics sure would support it.

This is utterly and completely a storm in a cup.

Return to General Discussion