Will there be nudity

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Avawhat231

Will there be nudity

Post by Avawhat231 » 23 Mar 2014, 07:00

Like in MO

Beeskee
Alpha Tester

Re: Will there be nudity

Post by Beeskee » 23 Mar 2014, 07:48

I hope so, tho not because of nudity, but just because the fake painted-on unremovable clothing is immersion breaking.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 23 Mar 2014, 10:02

I hope not.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 23 Mar 2014, 11:18

We do not need the weirdo crap that's for sure.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 23 Mar 2014, 11:41

There will be no nudity, so we will see no uncovered, flapping penises or breasts. :) No worries.

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 23 Mar 2014, 13:12

Spoiler

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 23 Mar 2014, 14:03

WOAH! How about a spoiler alert, ha?

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 23 Mar 2014, 15:11

So we wil have to RP our penis size, shape, and color to other players... Gotcha
Cimmerian Mercenary

Drakes821
Alpha Tester

Post by Drakes821 » 23 Mar 2014, 16:56

Beeskee wrote:I hope so, tho not because of nudity, but just because the fake painted-on unremovable clothing is immersion breaking.

Yeah and half the population running around naked isn't immersion breaking either...

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 23 Mar 2014, 17:15

Seppuku wrote:So we wil have to RP our penis size, shape, and color to other players... Gotcha

If your that weird I guess so. ;)

Beeskee
Alpha Tester

Post by Beeskee » 23 Mar 2014, 19:08

Drakes821 wrote:
Beeskee wrote:I hope so, tho not because of nudity, but just because the fake painted-on unremovable clothing is immersion breaking.

Yeah and half the population running around naked isn't immersion breaking either...

Rust solves that quite nicely by adding a "cold" effect, causes faster hunger decay and slows health regeneration. If you haven't played Rust, trust me, any given player* is only naked for the minimum amount of time possible that it takes to get clothes. I would imagine that a similar method could be used in Life is Feudal.

*Not counting weirdos who will be dancing 24/7 in their fake painted-on underwear in the starter city anyway. It's going to happen, everyone should know what to expect by now. :D

Besides, how else can you completely embarrass an enemy general or failed brigand than sending them home naked? :D Killing just isn't effective and you know it. A long hike home in the cold with plenty of time to think is better.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 23 Mar 2014, 20:58

Didn't know there was nudity in Rust. I only knew there was in Mortal Online and I hated it. I don't want naked dudes to run around trying to kill me. Grosses me out ^^

AceTheFlame

Post by AceTheFlame » 23 Mar 2014, 21:57

Siegbert wrote:Didn't know there was nudity in Rust. I only knew there was in Mortal Online and I hated it. I don't want naked dudes to run around trying to kill me. Grosses me out ^^

lol I find it funny, but I don't care either way. They could always make it an option in the settings though. Rust does this as well.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 23 Mar 2014, 22:07

AceTheFlame wrote:
Siegbert wrote:Didn't know there was nudity in Rust. I only knew there was in Mortal Online and I hated it. I don't want naked dudes to run around trying to kill me. Grosses me out ^^

lol I find it funny, but I don't care either way. They could always make it an option in the settings though. Rust does this as well.

Yeah, I don't want other people to see me completely naked though if I just got looted and haven't got any clothes back.

Zombojoe

Post by Zombojoe » 23 Mar 2014, 23:10

In MO you had rags to cover yourself up that you could never drop on death.

Most people just neglected them :/

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 24 Mar 2014, 01:57

I think this will turn off people from playing the game and not worth the risk at all to have. You can RP you are naked if you want, but in no way should this be part of the game.

I saw the Rust Videos and I would never play a game like that period.

Last thing I want is a bunch of immature players running around flaunting the fact they can be naked in game for kicks and that is exactly what would happen.

Beeskee
Alpha Tester

Post by Beeskee » 24 Mar 2014, 03:22

Tycho said it better than I can as to why this is a good feature. He happened to use Rust to demonstrate the point too: (with minor edits by me)

There is probably someone for whom a limp prong represents titillating material, but this is about as nonsexual as nudity gets. Without the “censor.nudity false” flag set, people show up with pants when they don’t actually have pants, which is untrue. It’s untrue mechanically and it’s untrue literally. Rust is an open world survival game with strong crafting elements, so in order for it to be stable conceptually it must honestly represent itself. There are many games of this type, but their choice to go as realistic as possible radically alters how you perceive and interact with the world. Believe it.

This pretty much summarizes how I feel about that sort of censorship in games, and why.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 24 Mar 2014, 03:31

Arrakis09 wrote:There will be no nudity, so we will see no uncovered, flapping penises or breasts. :) No worries.

I think Arrakis09 stated it best myself ;) If we are going to repost what we think someone else said is best....

Not only that there will be screenshots across the web of the game and what it looks like. Those Screenshots will turn off some players from ever playing the game.

I guess its all about the type of players you want to attract to the game really. If someone doesnt want to play PvP in LiF because they can't run around swinging their thang oh well.....I guess they can go play rust and get all the Thang Swinging they want.... :D

Beeskee
Alpha Tester

Post by Beeskee » 24 Mar 2014, 06:09

Protunia wrote:get all the Thang Swinging they want.... :D

Let's at least be mature about the Thang Swang. ;)

This could be handled with an underclothing slot, where players spawn with a set of default underclothing, as well as game mechanics reinforcement such as environmental statuses such as cold or wet if it's raining or the character was recently immersed in water, as well as a client-side override toggle.

I'm just saying there are options if they do go this route. :D

For me, I've found immersion is becoming more important than other game aspects over time. Finding a game that is realistic enough is tricky.

I'm curious, are there any other reasons that you all are either for or against realistic nudity?

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion either way, this thread has been good so far and I'm happy to discuss it. :)

Edit: To me, LiF is perfection in almost every other regard. My short list is thirst bar, animal spawn via local scout/search command, character relationship, something else I already forgot about, and nudity, in that order. Which shows how important nudity is to me anyway. Everything else is perfect. :D

AceTheFlame

Post by AceTheFlame » 24 Mar 2014, 06:29

I'm just neutral to the subject. Nudity doesn't bother me, but at the same time it's something I can do without.

If they add nudity though, it would definitely have to be an option. Valve doesn't allow nudity on Steam. Which is why Rust was forced to make an option and why MO is making an option as well(for their steam release).

Either way I think the devs should add cold/freezing effects to your character for not wearing clothes. As well as I hope they listen to the suggestions regarding the different climates of the world.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 24 Mar 2014, 10:46

Having naked dicks flapping around is not mature at all... sorry. This whole discussion is a bunch of garbage as far as I am concerned. The game will lose many players and some players will not be allowed to play the game if this CRAP is allowed. :bad:

If they change to allowing it I am gone o/ enjoy looking at your dicks. :fool:

That is about as "mature" as I am going to be about this.

-1 :evil:

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 24 Mar 2014, 12:32

I think we have covered every angle of the human anatomy here or I guess I should say "uncovered". :shock:

I will leave this here for people to read but I think the discussion has reached an end.

There will be no nudity in Life is Feudal.

Return to General Discussion