Some questions

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Lypsyl01

Some questions

Post by Lypsyl01 » 03 Dec 2017, 01:06

Hi, I've been checking out this game for a while and there are some things I wonder about.

1. Can you store items in the NPC town?

2. How does claims work for stuff that are underground?

3. What can you/can you not build underground?

4. Can you prevent enemies from tunnelling into your mine or under your walls like in Wurm, there you could make the walls unmineable by reinforcing them?

5. What are the rules for personal claims if your guild is in war?

6. Can you be looted if you are on your claim/guild claim and not in war?

7. To place a guild claim, do you need 10 accounts or just 10 characters(tickets)?

Mike_ford

Re: Some questions

Post by Mike_ford » 03 Dec 2017, 05:21

What or where are the server stats for the NA mmo? would like to know the skill progression, animal count, etc. Cant find it anywhere!

Velius

Post by Velius » 03 Dec 2017, 11:58

Lypsyl01 wrote:Hi, I've been checking out this game for a while and there are some things I wonder about.

1. Can you store items in the NPC town?

2. How does claims work for stuff that are underground?

3. What can you/can you not build underground?

4. Can you prevent enemies from tunnelling into your mine or under your walls like in Wurm, there you could make the walls unmineable by reinforcing them?

5. What are the rules for personal claims if your guild is in war?

6. Can you be looted if you are on your claim/guild claim and not in war?

7. To place a guild claim, do you need 10 accounts or just 10 characters(tickets)?

Not absolutely certain on every single one of these but I'll take a shot.

1. Like a bank? No. You can list items at the trading posts there, but that can also be done at any trading post as they all network together.

2. Haven't tested with buried items, however claims seem to ignore height so anything that is underneath the claim area should fall within claim protection.

3. Nothing/Everything. Tunnels are not considered ground. They cannot be terraformed, flattened, or built in. You can carry in and place a container or a log in a tunnel, however it will pretty much be lost when the tunnel collapses.

4. If the mine/walls are on a claim they will be protected so long as claims are not vulnerable. Fair Warning: If you put a claim on a mine expect to be slaughtered for trying to monopolize a resource location. Every structure in the game is destructible from wattle fences to a castle keep and all can be destroyed. If on a claim then the proper conditions need to be met, however there is no way to 100% safeguard a claim forever and always.

5. Have not run into it but looking at other mechanics I believe the personal claim should be safe as long as the claim would be safe could not be attacked otherwise. You, however, are free game.

6. Players can always be looted.

7. Characters seem to be independent of each other however we have only created two guilds with the same accounts, not one guild with one account. Again, fair warning: It is almost mathematically impossible for one person to maintain/grow a guild claim without... what are they calling it these days?.... 'Creative use of game mechanics', if that was your intention/ambition.

Mike_ford wrote:What or where are the server stats for the NA mmo? would like to know the skill progression, animal count, etc. Cant find it anywhere!

Back under your bridge, troll. No billy goat for you today.

Lypsyl01

Post by Lypsyl01 » 03 Dec 2017, 23:48

Thanks a lot. Weird that you say that you can't build underground since it says that you can on the main page.

Velius

Post by Velius » 04 Dec 2017, 00:03

Lypsyl01 wrote:Thanks a lot. Weird that you say that you can't build underground since it says that you can on the main page.

Might be left over from YO or it might be a feature that isn't implemented yet due to needing to get the code right so people don't log in one day and find out their possessions were all raided by the ceiling. I've gotten stuck in a few trenches and unfortunately you cannot manipulate the ground inside to get yourself out. You can place objects on the ground such as furniture or stairs, but you can't have, say, a forge in there.

So, while it may one day be possible to be Hans Moleman, Tyrant Ruler of the Mole People, not just yet. You could theoretically have an underground cache next to an above-ground settlement with items and furniture in there to make it cozy, however from what I have seen, even with supports tunnels will eventually collapse.

Return to Newcomer Section