Moats again

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Dyraele

Moats again

Post by Dyraele » 26 Mar 2014, 16:29

From search it looks like moats with water will not be possible. However, what if you build a ditch from your empty moat to a body of water? Will that water run into the ditch and flow into the moat?

Makiol

Re: Moats again

Post by Makiol » 26 Mar 2014, 16:49

water is at the sea level, you to reach it to have water in your moat, but it is better another line of walls than a little puddle
A cookie, a cookie, my kingdom for a cookie!!! cit. Richard III

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 26 Mar 2014, 16:56

Yeah you can do moats but only if you build at sea level

My only real sadness about LiF (Really I think its the torque 3d engine) no dynamic water.

But hey, we can swim down!

Cant wait for there to be harvestable/findable things under water

Antiblitz

Post by Antiblitz » 26 Mar 2014, 17:06

Dyraele wrote:From search it looks like moats with water will not be possible. However, what if you build a ditch from your empty moat to a body of water? Will that water run into the ditch and flow into the moat?

Yes, you are correct. However, to find water, you must be at sea level, just as in real life.

Haladmer
Alpha Tester

Post by Haladmer » 26 Mar 2014, 17:18

Antiblitz wrote:
Dyraele wrote:From search it looks like moats with water will not be possible. However, what if you build a ditch from your empty moat to a body of water? Will that water run into the ditch and flow into the moat?

Yes, you are correct. However, to find water, you must be at sea level, just as in real life.

Just because I like providing odd information:
http://www.highestlake.com/highest-lake-world

(Btw, thanks for giving me a reason to look it up :beer: )

For consistency, the page author requires a body of water to cover 1.0 hectares to be termed a "lake", anything under 1.0 hectares is a "pool"

Point being in real life naturally forming large bodies of water are not only found at "sea level".
“There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.”
- Henry Kissinger

Return to General Discussion