Slinger training - how to use the sling properly?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Entspeak

Slinger training - how to use the sling properly?

Post by Entspeak » 11 Dec 2017, 23:40

I'm trying to raise up my slinger skill and the wiki says to hunt small animals with the sling, but... that thing is wildly random. Out of 60 ammo, I hit a sitting hare once... once - while it just sat there. (It moved the one time I hit it, but not far... and then it just sat there as my sling ammo went all over the place.

Is there a trick to it that I am missing? I tried timing the release, I tried changing the aim. With the very low amount of skill points you get for a hit, this seems an impossible task for the amount of effort needed to grind it.

Sir_Jet

Re: Slinger training - how to use the sling properly?

Post by Sir_Jet » 11 Dec 2017, 23:56

Archery Targets

https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Archery_target

Get really close. You'll hit every time.

Entspeak

Re: Slinger training - how to use the sling properly?

Post by Entspeak » 12 Dec 2017, 00:04

I don't have the skill to make an archery target. But, I think I'm getting the gist of it. Horizontal accuracy does seem to be based on when you release it. Vertical accuracy needs to be adjusted based on distance. Still testing this to see. But, so far that's proven true.

UPDATE:

Aaaaand... my sling broke. Wow. Life is Fuedal, and slings are futile. ;)

Is there another way to level up Slinger?

UPDATE 2: Okay, killed the hare. I'm slowly getting the gist of it. But, man! What a grind this is going to be.

UPDATE 3: Decided to up my Hunting skills to 60 so that I can track larger animals... a little easier to hit with the sling, perhaps. As soon as I can, I'll track down an archery target. :)

Return to Newcomer Section