can't gather on newbie island

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Somerled0

can't gather on newbie island

Post by Somerled0 » 18 Dec 2017, 16:46

Am i doing something wrong? I right clickj on a patch of dirt, and all i have are options for are looking for wild animals and placing an totem. I can't gather wild grass or anything like that.

Do i need to do something special in the starter village?

Somerled0

Re: can't gather on newbie island

Post by Somerled0 » 18 Dec 2017, 17:02

figured it out. I had to hit f4 and see that i was in a claimed area. I ran off to the mountains until i got to a spot that wasnt claimed and i was able to gather.

Velius

Re: can't gather on newbie island

Post by Velius » 18 Dec 2017, 18:52

Somerled0 wrote:figured it out. I had to hit f4 and see that i was in a claimed area. I ran off to the mountains until i got to a spot that wasnt claimed and i was able to gather.

Just FYI when you get to the main play area, if a friend adds you to their personal claim you are able to gather there so long as they set that permission. Same goes for guilds. Guild members and allys can gather and terraform the claim if the guild leader enables that permission for a particular guild rank.

Also, do make use of F4 when journeying through the mainland looking for a spot to settle if you don't have friends waiting for you. Guilds can be territorial or very wary due to spies and griefers. If you find a spot you like, look for any claims around. If there is one in reasonable proximity, I would approach unarmed and unarmored and ask if you may build there. They may be fine with it, they may say no, they may say yes but you must pay a small tax in the form of resources or coin. If they act hostile, run as soon as you feel something isn't quite right, and then don't build in that spot lest they come burn you out of your home.

Return to Newcomer Section