Should I get straight to the main island?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

iGavB

Should I get straight to the main island?

Post by iGavB » 25 Dec 2017, 11:49

Hi all,

Firstly, Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to those celebrating.

I literally just purchased the game and its currently downloading.

My main question is, on reading around there is a "starter island" and a "main island" is it best for me to get straight into it and join the main island?

What happens if I join starter island then later want to move my character over? I have 1 ticket with my purchase, does that mean I can move my char "as is" from starter island to main?

If someone could explain how that works, that would be great!

Thank you

Arrakis

Re: Should I get straight to the main island?

Post by Arrakis » 25 Dec 2017, 12:36

You can move your character at any moment, but without items in inventory. If you're completely new to the game, with no prior experience in LiF:YO, it's best to screw around on newbie island first and familiarize yourself with the game mechanics. Immersive quests that you will find there will help you to get acquainted with the basic game features and mechanics. Just remember, once you move the character to the main continent, you cannot retrieve that ticket. It's item of one-time use and is consumed upon use.

iGavB

Post by iGavB » 25 Dec 2017, 12:48

Thanks for your help. I will follow your advice :good:

Would you happen to know how I change my forum username?

bowlin12
Alpha Tester

Post by bowlin12 » 25 Dec 2017, 20:54

Also a good tip is that if you plan on going artisan tree or carpentry I'd stay on the island for a while to get your skills up. Trees are a valueable resource on the main land where as the newbie island has respawning trees daily.

Also seeing as you are new to the game PM if you are interested in joining a newb friendly guild, NA.

Whitebeardeso

Post by Whitebeardeso » 25 Dec 2017, 23:24

Good luck my friend. If you join EU epleland then you wont have the problems with overpopulation yet.

And if you need help there i say as the former writer . Just make Contact with us and you can join a Nice welcoming guild.

/Whitebeard (Guild: Whitecloaks)

DarklyNoon

Post by DarklyNoon » 29 Dec 2017, 13:18

Hello and welcome,

My advice is to stay on newbie island and do as suggested, try out a few things, you may want to create several characters and try out various skills and migrate the one with the skills you want, or you can just do it on 1.

If you are looking for a small friendly guild that has not progressed to far yet, we are english/german/dutch speaking. You can contact our GM on discord : Kraayt#2557 (gernan)
Or myself DarklyNoon#5209 (dutch)

Some tips:
Newbie island skill cap is 200 points, mainland is 400 (without skills put into intellect to raise it)
One profession every guild is likely to accept is a player with alchemy skill leveled up to 60, this is for flux above all else (flux is used in many building projects) this is locked behind Farming, witch is behind Nature lore.

30 points in 1 skill will allow you to level a next skill of that line up to 29.9 60 in a skill is required to go further.

The following skills are best leveled in newbie island (the choice is yours ofc)
All 3 basic skills (Artisan, Nature lore and hunting)
Past this point:

Farming is easy to do in newbie island. NPC crops can be used for starter seeds and there is lots of free space to just plow and harvest you can feed yourself basic foods.

Herbalism (past farming) is totally doable on newbie to.

Forestry, good idea to do this on newbie island, as mentioned trees are at a premium in much of the main land In newbie island you can level it both faster and with less harassment or having to muck about with creating new Forrest terrain.

Animal lore, (past hunting) good idea to do it here because: mainland is larger, and animals are harder to track down, in newbie you can get your Animal lore to 60 in 1-2 days, harvest Q 1 eatable taproots from Q1 soil and look for pigs, aggressive animal tracks are best, search several times in a row and you should get prints that have little dots behind them. Reason for aggressive?> simple there are 3 aggressive animals, Bear, wolf and Boar. Boar can be tamed, bear and wolf can not. the tracks look utterly different so no mistaking them.
Passive animals there are 7 types of (Sheep, Pig, Horse, Cow, Deer, Moose, Hare, Grouse) so if you look for this, you might find all those other animals instead wasting your time tracking them down.
Low Q (1) food has a high fail chance, so you get many tries on a single animal.
Animal lore is part of hunting so you can fish to feed yoursef.

Artisan, Construction, mining,digging and materials preperation:
You could do some if not all of this solo on newbie, getting a feel for it is advisable but leveling high up with this is not to efficient on newbie island. (imho)

Return to Newcomer Section