A few improvements

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

BlackAdder

A few improvements

Post by BlackAdder » 02 Jan 2018, 08:01

Hello!
Here comes a list of personal issues or things i'd love to see an improvement to:

1: More ingame information. Right now you basically have to open google just to get an answer to extremely basic things like why a furnace dies at 50% hp, why running without clothes on makes you run faster, item recipies etc. I get that this game mode is still in beta and im expecting these things to improve. Just wanted to put this out there.

2: Better information about skill upgrades, what skill lvl you need to progress in the next tier, why you're not getting any points etc. Really the first point added here too but its such a big issue atm that i think it deserves two points.

3: Automatic map updating.

4: Granite roads, fences etc. Because why not. You used what you had back in the day.

5: Remove the "chain mail requiring horse riding to be usable" idea. There is no reason at all to have this requirement, especially not when footmen wore both gambesons AND chain mail without much issue in the middle ages.
Instead of it being a requirement maybe you could change the use of it to apply a charge bonus or something. Chain mail is really easy to wear and should require much skill at all. Neither should full plate. A full plate armor weighing 20kg is easier to wear than a heavy backpack due to the distribution of weight.

6: More durability for the Furnaces. At the moment you can basically only make two batches of something in the furnace before it breaks at 50% hp. Sure the furnaces (of this model) were one time use but balance this issue out by actually making them one time use instead of a wierd 2 and a half time use...

Why not make a standard furnace be a one time use item, hold more stuff and make it slightly cheaper to make. That would make it more realistic imo.

7: Change the skill requirements over all. There is no correlation between being good at digging and being a good smith. Sure i agree that there should be a training gap to keep players from becoming the best smith, rider, farmer and tailorer in all the lands... But not like that.

Maybe add a strength cap to it. Smithing is a very heavy and endurance demanding job, im sure you can make a realistic training path that makes sense.

8: Add information to the build windows stating what skill you need to make a certain item or building. That would make it much easier to learn what you need to do.

9: Fix the strange disappearance of camp fires. There is no reason one of those should disappear.

10: Remove the need for a repair kit (needing nails to fix primitive, non nail requiring items) for certain items. Im sure the could be a use for new materials being put into a crafting recipe (like a primitive hatchet breaking requires 50% of the base materials to be fixed etc).
Sure primitive items shouldn't be used at the late stages in the game, but you can only get there by using the primitive stuff. And being able to use a repair kit on them at all...

11: More crafting recipes. Id love to be able to use the shaped rocks im farming to skill up on Smithing (i know, no reason behind it irl). Stairs would be a perfect job for those rocks. Or roads. Or retention walls etc.

12: A better indicator of the quality of items. Too easy to combine random heaps of items and loose quality.

13: The ability to store ore, dirt, stone etc in boxes. Maybe just ONE of them to make it clear that you shouldnt do it... but there is no reason to not being able to store dirt in a bark box.

14: ?

15: Merry holidays and have a great new year! :beer:

Return to Feedback Section