Why armor?

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Jukken

Why armor?

Post by Jukken » 29 Dec 2017, 10:56

Maybe it's just me...but it seems armor is pretty useless. You're much better off running around in the nude. Much, much faster and you able to get many more hits in, and run away from getting hit.

Maybe the heavy and royal armor will be better...but the enemy in armor can take twice the amount of hits...but gets hit 5 times more due to speed of the nude fighter.

Hodo

Re: Why armor?

Post by Hodo » 29 Dec 2017, 15:05

Most of the light or novice armor of lower quality isnt really much better than rags. So you are right on that account.

But a decent quality set of tier 2 armor is actually really quite good. If you are nude running around and you get hit by a longbow broadhead arrow in the head, doing 90+ damage.. vs wearing tier 2 half plate and taking the same hit to the head for 45 damage.

It means you may make it home without skill loss and with your gear.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Jukken

Post by Jukken » 02 Jan 2018, 17:10

Once you survive the first hit...the slower guy is dead. You just dance around the guy and kill him easily.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 02 Jan 2018, 18:47

I can tell you now that 90% of the time a nude guy will not survive against a player of equal skill in tier 2 armor.

I have watched nudes get 1 shotted from lances, or great weapons, so yeah..

If you wanted to you can run around without armor on, and do fine.. in 1 v 1. But in actual battles with more than 5 people a side, you will NEED armor. I have watched players running around nude get dropped before they even got in range of their weapons, due to archers. And not even good archers.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Ilja
Zealous Believer

Post by Ilja » 03 Jan 2018, 09:26

50 arrows/bolts per few seconds flying towards your general direction, few of them will hit u no matter what

Return to Feedback Section