Launcher not starting game

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Celthon

Launcher not starting game

Post by Celthon » 05 Jan 2018, 15:04

I finished downloading the game a few hours ago, and logged in with my Steam credentials (I have LiF:YO through Steam)...I created a character and played for approx. 30-45 minutes on the "Newbie Island", then logged out for approx. 15 minutes. Now when I start the Launcher and log in with my Steam credentials nothing happens after I press the "play" button in lower right section of the launcher window.

I start the launcher -- click the Steam icon, which opens browser window where I sign in, and am then redirected back to launcher -- my character's name is now displayed next to the "Play" button -- I click the "Play" button -- and nothing: no error messages, no pop-ups of any kind, no 'working' icon...nothing.

I've shut the computer down and restarted twice...no change. Can someone please tell me what may be the problem.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Arrakis

Re: Launcher not starting game

Post by Arrakis » 05 Jan 2018, 17:00

Please check if cm_client.exe is running somewhere in the background, even without any resources consumption.

Celthon

Post by Celthon » 05 Jan 2018, 17:18

Not sure how to do that (not very computer knowledgeable) -- opened Windows Task Manager via Ctrl/Alt/Del and looked at everything listed under the various tabs and the only thing running that is named similar is "cmd.exe" (in description it's listed as Windows Command processor)...but I did not find anything via the Task Manager that was labeled cm_client.exe -- is there anywhere else I should be looking to see if it's running?

Celthon

Post by Celthon » 05 Jan 2018, 17:25

Also, after I got frustrated with the Launcher issues I tried to play LiF:YO via Steam, and it will not start either (but I just played it yesterday!!)...now after selecting my character it gets to the screen 9/9 'initializing server' or something to that affect, and just hangs there without proceeding...after the first try I shut it down, and tried again, and after 20 minutes of it just sitting there doing nothing I gave up.

Don't know if one has anything to do with the other, but this is the same crap that made me uninstall STEAM HAMMER... :evil:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 05 Jan 2018, 20:44

So to be clear, where are you stuck now? Launcher or initializing?

Celthon

Post by Celthon » 06 Jan 2018, 03:31

Sorry for delay in responding...reinstalled LiF:MMO and was able to log in, and my character is still on the "Newbie Island". I am in the 'Elder's' longhouse...moved around inside for a few minutes, then logged out but did not restart launcher, and was able to re-enter the game cpl. minutes later. I then moved around in the longhouse for a another minute or two and logged out again, this time turning off the launcher completely after logging out, and then restarted the launcher and was again able to log back into the game with no apparent problems.

To answer your last question: LiF:MMO would not respond at all after I entered my Steam credentials and pressed the "Play" button...I would click the Steam icon at the bottom of the log-in screen, which would open a browser window where I'd enter the Steam Id and password and then be returned to the Launcher window...my character name would then be just to the left of the "Play" button, but pressing the button got no response...no error message, no 'working' icon, no pop-ups of any sort, etc. It just did nothing -- (note: the "Play" button was not 'grayed-out', and was clickable).

Being stuck at 'initializing' is what happened when I tried to play LiF:YO afterwards and I added that comment in case the two are related (shared files/resources, etc.). I have not tried to play LiF:YO since reinstalling LiF:MMO...I let the downloader run while I slept (takes me several hours to download/install LiF:MMO), and I just woke up a bit ago and have to go to work momentarily, so will have to wait to test everything until after I get home from work.

So for the moment the problem seems to have been corrected by reinstalling the game. But I won't have time to muck around with it until I get home from work in about 9-hours.

Return to Newcomer Section