Delete/Discard items?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Celthon

Delete/Discard items?

Post by Celthon » 06 Jan 2018, 23:47

Is there a way to delete items from one's inventory, other than dropping them on the ground and leaving them to decay? I am on 'Newbie Island', where the terrain is littered with countless bags of 'dropped items'...we need a "Trash Barrel" (anyone remember Ultima Online's Trash Barrel?)...having a way to 'throw away' unwanted items rather than just dropping wherever and whenever would reduce server resources (lag), would it not?

Anyway, as I asked...is there a way to delete/destroy unwanted items from my inventory?

Thank you for your time and asistance.

Velius

Re: Delete/Discard items?

Post by Velius » 07 Jan 2018, 00:33

The items need to be on claimed land that you either own or have been given use rights to. You can then right-click the bag of items and choose Destroy. On newbie island that likely won't be possible

Celthon

Post by Celthon » 07 Jan 2018, 00:37

Ok, thank you...good to know that it's possible, once I move from this area.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Kevinwoodall

Post by Kevinwoodall » 07 Jan 2018, 20:08

But what is the actual command to delete or drop an item? I'm on newbie island and can't drop a building log I have in my inventory. Thus, I'm overburdened and cannot get un-overburdened until I drop the stupid log. Every time I try to click and drag it from my inventory it just flies right back into my inventory.

I have tried using it to build an idol for the "pleasing the gods" quest but even though it is in my inventory it shows 0/1 building logs when I bring up the build menu (though it's sitting right there). I can't collect another because I'm already overburdened. I'm sorry about my too long post/question but this whole ordeal has been very frustrating and I just want to play the game and enjoy it. Thanks for any help!

Jspiers667x

Post by Jspiers667x » 09 Jan 2018, 07:08

I'm having the same problem. Just picked up LiF:MMO tonight, started playing, and can't drop anything out of my inventory. I'm on the newbie island and it doesn't seem to matter if I'm in town or out of town. I see a ton of dropped item bags everywhere, but I can't figure out how to drop things myself.

Celthon

Post by Celthon » 09 Jan 2018, 11:52

While the item is in your inventory, try r-clicking on the item to open it's context menu...look for an option in the context menu to drop item from your inventory.

I think you're not able to drop items within the Village on the Newbie Island, but not sure. If you get a message that you're not allowed to drop items there in the Village, trying moving out into the wilderness to drop them. If you use 'F4' you can see the Village's area of influence (it's 'Claim')...might have to be outside that highlighted area to drop -- but again I am not certain and just guessing.

Do not get frustrated -- this game has a very steep learning curve. Lots of information to be gained here:

https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Life_is_Feudal_Wiki

Return to Newcomer Section