Coming back to Cloaks

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Coming back to Cloaks

Post by Jezbelle » 20 May 2014, 00:18

I know cloaks have been discussed as a means of disguising names/alignment.

But my idea is different... What if cloaks were used simply to disguise the armor one was wearing? This would serve in a variety of ways:

1) To protect weaker players who might want to bluff their strength.
2) For players with great armor that want to bait PKers into attacking them, thinking they are wearing weaker armor.
3) Roleplaying purposes.

And of course the ability to dramatically throw off your robe before a battle, exposing your shiny armor in all its glory!

P.S. In order to deter EVERYONE from wearing a cloak, there might have to be a small penalty to fighting while wearing one?

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Coming back to Cloaks

Post by Siegbert » 20 May 2014, 05:41

I'm split on that.
While I understand the points you mentioned I don't want to see whole armies of cloaked knights and if the cloak reduces your combat speed for instances, what good would it be in a combat situation?

Undressing your cloak would take you a couple of seconds which might be too little when you're being attacked so it would give you a disadvantage.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 20 May 2014, 05:50

I agree, but if you want the advantage of wearing a cloak, i feel its only fair to accept the penalty along with it. If it's not worth it to most players, then thats what we want, right? We don't want everyone to wear one.

To sweeten the deal a little though, players wearing cloaks could also 'move silently'?

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 20 May 2014, 07:34

Moving silently would you require to not have heavy weapons and armor equipped.
I don't know if you need to have the cloak over your armor but just instead of it. As of now your inventory seems to be big enough to have at least one other armor+weapons.

You could sneak in cloaked and without heavy weapons, change armor and weapons, and attack.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 20 May 2014, 07:44

What you are suggesting is something completely different.

I'm not sure if that would work, because while it would be really nice to have options for players who want to sneak, its visual visibility that trumps everything. The sounds one makes are a much lesser giveaway, and probably not worth taking off all one's armor for.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas