About macroing and autoclick

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Federicogjm

About macroing and autoclick

Post by Federicogjm » 06 Feb 2018, 10:33

Greetings to all:

Today I have a simple question to the community and staff. I used tonight while I slept a macro that pressed the keys A, S, w, E, ... with some intermediate pauses.
This morning when looking at the game chat I find a lot of messages from other players that tell me that I deserve a permanent ban for using a bot.

At the root of this is that the concern arises, and I want to know if this is allowed, because if it is not allowed I will not use it again.

However, I have to tell you that in the rules that talk about the use of macros for repetitive tasks, I think that it is allowed to use macros that press keys and emulate mouse clicks.

Could you enlighten me a little please?

Thank you very much to all.

Zohann

Re: About macroing and autoclick

Post by Zohann » 06 Feb 2018, 12:14

and what for was this a, s, w, e?)

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 06 Feb 2018, 16:08

Federicogjm wrote:Greetings to all:

Today I have a simple question to the community and staff. I used tonight while I slept a macro that pressed the keys A, S, w, E, ... with some intermediate pauses.
This morning when looking at the game chat I find a lot of messages from other players that tell me that I deserve a permanent ban for using a bot.

At the root of this is that the concern arises, and I want to know if this is allowed, because if it is not allowed I will not use it again.

However, I have to tell you that in the rules that talk about the use of macros for repetitive tasks, I think that it is allowed to use macros that press keys and emulate mouse clicks.

Could you enlighten me a little please?

Thank you very much to all.

You were basically walking in a square.

But it is a form of AFK Bot macroing. Which is against the rules. You can set a macro to do repetitive actions but you can not use it to do complex multi click actions.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Federicogjm

Post by Federicogjm » 06 Feb 2018, 23:08

The macro that i used didnt press asdw it was an example. The macro just press E key wait some seconds and press E key again, press A for 1 scond to move to the next tile and again press E, then come back pressing D to go back to the first tile and press E again.

its large to explain but its only to walk 1 tile and press E and come back to the first tile pressing E again thats all

Federicogjm

Post by Federicogjm » 07 Feb 2018, 13:05

Arrakis wrote:This should answer your question: http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/official- ... ts-t26233/

Thanks Arrakis. I have readed that topic and i think my macro is in the GOOD section, but how do you see it as game administrator?

I dont want to get my account lost because a wrong use of a macro.

GaryP

Post by GaryP » 07 Feb 2018, 18:11

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but in my opinion i would say you are in violation of point three:
We are AGAINST macros that let you emulate a multiple key presses or mouse movements at once or with a certain timeout.

Keyword is the use of macro vs autoclicker. The second point is really in my interpretation for a single key press not multiple key presses.

Federicogjm

Post by Federicogjm » 08 Feb 2018, 12:05

From that point of view it is correct, but in the regulation we talk about the use of simple scripts.

It would be good if there is a sector in the forum where the players can publish or send our scripts to validate if they are allowed or not?

Maybe even the same staff could provide approved macros.

I understand that it is not the idea to play the game always using macros. Although I think it would be good to consider players like me and many others, they have small children who constantly need our attention.

In my case, besides being a father of two small children without a wife I also work and I can only play while the children have some activity or at night and short moments with intermediate breaks throughout the day, maybe a few hours in a row when the mother takes them to her house, but the latter is not usual.

Please, do not interpret this argument as an excuse to break the rules and get a benefit for me. This approach seeks consensus with the community and staff a solution so that we can all have access to the same, either by publishing it here or perhaps incorporating it into the game as the case of the Ultima Online, which already came with a series of macros for that the players could configure so we can disregard the game while doing some afk activity.

Of course I appreciate the answers and the time taken to read this publication.

I must apologize for my English, I must use a translator because my language is Spanish.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 08 Feb 2018, 14:11

Federicogjm wrote:
In my case, besides being a father of two small children without a wife I also work and I can only play while the children have some activity or at night and short moments with intermediate breaks throughout the day, maybe a few hours in a row when the mother takes them to her house, but the latter is not usual.

I understand your plight but it isn't an excuse. We have people in my guild who have the same situation if not worse and they still don't use advanced macros to do things in game. They may use an auto clicker to do something like punch a dummy for an hour, or set a long task like craft something with a few hundred of that item in their inventory.

It ultimately comes down to time management. We even have a single father of 2 who plays, and helps his son with his homework at the same time.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Federicogjm

Post by Federicogjm » 08 Feb 2018, 18:58

Hello friend, I think we are saying the same thing. The macros that you describe of your guildmate are the ones that I am proposing to use.
By the way, I reiterate that I do not intend to excuse myself for having used a macro during the night while I slept once, this I did not do it again and that is why I created this topic. I do not intend to obtain any advantage for those who use macros or not.
What I did was to use a macro that performed the same action only that it took one step towards one side and then another going back to the beginning.
The way I see it is a simple script that does nothing but press keys, nothing to send packages to the server or get advantages with cheats or hacks. anyone can do it by pressing the keys on the keyboard.

Maybe you have not read my entire message, or I am not expressing myself correctly.

GaryP

Post by GaryP » 08 Feb 2018, 20:05

I understand where you are coming from but it is different than using an auto clicker to perform one key press.

If i could draw your attention back to the points.
Arrakis wrote:This should answer your question: http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/official- ... ts-t26233/
Point 1: We are GOOD with minor script mods that ease your life from the interface perspective. For instance, herb sorting mods that just organize your herbs in your backpack.

It is used for the interface only. No actions in game towards the character itself.

Point 2: We are GOOD with clicker automatization, where repetitive clicks/keypresses are automated by either your keyboard/mouse or simple clicker program.

like I said before it is used with an auto clicker to use one key press. I'E setting your ability to say left click then using the auto clicker to press said key. I'E like hodo states using the clicker to punch a dummy. Still no multiple key presses.

Points 3 and 4 are basically the same rule:We are AGAINST macros that let you emulate a multiple key presses or mouse movements at once or with a certain timeout.
We are AGAINST bots or any sophisticated scripts and macro/bot software that lets you emulate a series of in-game actions. Go there, use this ability, wait 10 sec, go here, drop an item.

This involves any type of multiple key presses. Even if you set your macro to move one tile thats one key press. Pressing E is another key press. Moving back 1 tile is the third key press and pressing E again is the fourth key press.

You used it and found that it might not of been the correct course of action so you asked here. Atleast you are trying to educate yourself instead of just using it over and over without a care.

I'm doubtfull the admins will ban you. At most if I was an admin I would give you a warning and ask for you to not use it again.

Federicogjm

Post by Federicogjm » 08 Feb 2018, 21:11

Thank you very much for your answer. Well, you have managed to understand an important item.
With the translation of his message I understood that a script that I considered simple is not considered that way because it executes several actions in the game, and what is allowed for example is to walk automatically, hit a dummy or similar things. I guess fishing and so on.

Well, I thank you all because I have understood how the system works now.

However, I would like to leave the staff with a request for a revision, because order herbs by quality and others that require a more complex level to read messages on screen and other ...

For the rest, I do not think there was a permanent ban, my query in this forum was because I received messages from other players who told me I was going to be banned, I do not intend to cheat and I said it several times, I just wanted to know what It is what you can and can not do.

thank you very much again to all and greetings.

Return to Newcomer Section