Safe zone, Safe zone, Life is Safe Zone....

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

SnIpErIT
True Believer

Safe zone, Safe zone, Life is Safe Zone....

Post by SnIpErIT » 18 Mar 2018, 13:36

We are a 15 active members guild. Togheter with other 10 players we are attaccking an enemy claim defended by only 3 enemy players since 5 days. They have a Tier 3 monuments and they are going to upgrade to Tier 4. They constructed everything inside their town claim, so we aren't allowed to damage their settlement in any way.Again we are 25 and they are 3 and we are attacking since a week. When we get there the enemy players hide in their rooms and a stupid ranged fight happens with them hiding in their invulnerable house and we can't get in because their house collisions prevent us from going in.
They have premium account and positive allignement , they don't care to die since they don't lose anything so what happens is that when they are low on HP they commit suicide and they respawn inside said house and they come back full HP and they keep attacking from said unenterable house. Hence this isn't a full PvP game or a full loot game, and it doesn't get fun any longer.
It's a nonsense that 3 players (using also numerous alternate characters) could hang in there for a week from 20 people attacking players every day. This game needs fixing, there's a continuos hemorrage of players every day from this Life is feudal because of these kinds of issues, and the mumbers of active players on your website are a proof.
If you want to recover this game you need to fix these kind of issues asap.
Last edited by SnIpErIT on 23 Mar 2018, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

Monco

Re: Safe zone, Safe zone, Life is Safe Zone....

Post by Monco » 19 Mar 2018, 02:24

I agree with you, the "safe zone" in this game is just too big.
Give us back the opportunity to climb on walls out of JH and give us the opportunity to open doors in the town claim during JH, it's a shame that after you successfully climb in a base during JH the enemy is STILL able to have a safe zone which is a building with a door.
The only thing you could do to get rid of them is to make a claim close enough to theirs, upgrade it and spam IBs on them until their claim is down to T1, then have the infulence zone of your claim to be able to cover theirs so you can get rid of it during JH.
If they're only 3 they will obviously dodge all the IBs which would just be an insane cost of materials and time just to get rid of 3 people from your territory... Is this the way this game is going?
It seems like it is, I mean there's not anything else you can do after your guild is established except PvP why would you limit it then? To have more players leaving the game? What are people supposed to? Login only for IBs (if are not dodged) and pointless JH?
Give us the opportunity to always have PvP and not to scavange for it,bring back "bark boxing on walls", at least in Avalon the "PvP" server.

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 19 Mar 2018, 23:12

Safe zone in base is fine. You do need somewhere nice to go AFK.

However the biggest problem I have is there is not a lot of reason to leave that safe zone, so even when you are online you do all your business in your safezone and never leave.

Now granted there are a few reasons to travel around and do things, these instances are rather rare and you end up with a pretty dead over-world with little to no pvp or pve

Monco

Post by Monco » 20 Mar 2018, 01:18

WestArcher wrote:Safe zone in base is fine. You do need somewhere nice to go AFK.

However the biggest problem I have is there is not a lot of reason to leave that safe zone, so even when you are online you do all your business in your safezone and never leave.

Now granted there are a few reasons to travel around and do things, these instances are rather rare and you end up with a pretty dead over-world with little to no pvp or pve

When boosting was still possible there was a safe zone already if you wanted to go AFK, which was a building with a door or a shack with a drying rack covering the door or whatever.
If people were so ignorant to go afk not in the safe zone then they should have been punished and by dying they would have learnt to go afk in the old safe zone.
About incentives to leave the base a friend of mine was thinking about daily quests from the trading post which would require you to go out of your base and collect some materials which upon returning would reward you with god's favour.
It's not a bad idea and it would at least keep some players logging in everyday to collect it, but there's no system to gain that without paying real money so i don't think they'll ever implement something like that.
They need to do something tho, because the world really feels empty and that's bad, especially for new players.
Bring back boosting, make small scale raiding and roaming a thing once again.

Siluendor

Post by Siluendor » 23 Mar 2018, 09:48

Monco wrote:
WestArcher wrote:Safe zone in base is fine. You do need somewhere nice to go AFK.

When boosting was still possible there was a safe zone already if you wanted to go AFK, which was a building with a door or a shack with a drying rack covering the door or whatever.
If people were so ignorant to go afk not in the safe zone then they should have been punished and by dying they would have learnt to go afk in the old safe zone.
About incentives to leave the base a friend of mine was thinking about daily quests from the trading post which would require you to go out of your base and collect some materials which upon returning would reward you with god's favour.
It's not a bad idea and it would at least keep some players logging in everyday to collect it, but there's no system to gain that without paying real money so i don't think they'll ever implement something like that.
They need to do something tho, because the world really feels empty and that's bad, especially for new players.
Bring back boosting, make small scale raiding and roaming a thing once again.

so basically your saying not matter how hard you try and build super cool castle it all should be negated with some ridiculous boosting mech or spamming bark boxses with mattresses , rather than wanting an actual siege mechnics that doesnt require spamming ib's for ever to get t4->t1. any sort of "boost jump over my head" mechanics also with this ladder building with bark boxses and sleeping bags shouldnt been possible from the get go, or any other physics denying stupid "lumber" bridges that i have seen hovering over the air.

Imho , battering rams , siege ladders , actual range for that trebutchet , catapults , scorppios with grabling hook / pull hook ( for ripping castle doors / house doors / gates appart ). for assaulters

Onagers , tribod scorpios , hedgehog , rampart flail , pouring hot oil trough murder hole , etc for defendant. would actually perk up this game isntead of watching folks doing physics denying over derp sky bridges.

and whom was doing that now bitching bout townclaim being safezone , well it was your fault that building "meta" turned that way , since you were climbing over walls with skybridges in the first place.

SnIpErIT
True Believer

Post by SnIpErIT » 23 Mar 2018, 10:22

This was a nice game when it could be played.
It was a full pvp full loot game. a game where you could lose everything.... all.
players who are afraid of a ladder made of logs, or are afraid that someone can blow up their monument should go play farmville or something like that.
This is not the life is feudal that has been promised to us.

note, my guild counts 15 active members, and if the game were as I would probably my claim would be destroyed easily by a larger guild .... but this was to be life is feudal!

sure, it would be nice to have a siege dynamics done properly. and maybe one day it will come .. but in the meantime people stop playing because after having built a fantastic castle (very useful for a nice promotional video trailer) you can not do anything with it.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 23 Mar 2018, 14:02

Siluendor wrote:
so basically your saying not matter how hard you try and build super cool castle it all should be negated with some ridiculous boosting mech or spamming bark boxses with mattresses , rather than wanting an actual siege mechnics that doesnt require spamming ib's for ever to get t4->t1. any sort of "boost jump over my head" mechanics also with this ladder building with bark boxses and sleeping bags shouldnt been possible from the get go, or any other physics denying stupid "lumber" bridges that i have seen hovering over the air.

Imho , battering rams , siege ladders , actual range for that trebutchet , catapults , scorppios with grabling hook / pull hook ( for ripping castle doors / house doors / gates appart ). for assaulters

Onagers , tribod scorpios , hedgehog , rampart flail , pouring hot oil trough murder hole , etc for defendant. would actually perk up this game isntead of watching folks doing physics denying over derp sky bridges.

and whom was doing that now bitching bout townclaim being safezone , well it was your fault that building "meta" turned that way , since you were climbing over walls with skybridges in the first place.

Well with the amount of misspellings in that statement it is hard to see what you are saying. But the easiest fix for the bark box and bedroll system is to remove collision from bedrolls and prevent bark boxes from being stacked over 2 high.

But that would require "code work" which means REAL work.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Eldurian

Post by Eldurian » 23 Mar 2018, 20:17

What if the way safezones worked is that walls and houses were indestructible but all other actions were permitted?

Essentially, if you put up a wall around your town or even sit inside a house with an actual door on it you are safe. Containers put inside these places are safe.

But if you are standing next to a monument with a bark box of junk then you're not safe.

As a newb I'm fully aware this is how we start the game. But the thing is now that I have a personal claim up there is no real sense of needing to establish a safe area. Why do I need walls? Why do I need a house? My personal claim is 100% secure, it can't even be seiged during judgement hour. What's the point in any of it? I can handle a bit of danger and increased sense of urgency it makes things more fun. And I could have always joined someone else's claim while I got my skills up. It wouldn't have been that bad.

I'd much rather go with a Wurm Online style system where nothing is 100% safe ever but you can hire (killable) NPC guards to defend your stuff 24/7, and build up to make things more secure. But even structures being fully invincible outside judgement hour at least creates a sense that I need to put some kind of effort into making my claim defensible.

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 28 Mar 2018, 12:13

I have no problem with there being safe zones on our claims, and a weekend-ish JH is fine for messing around with peoples bases.

In my opinion the biggest thing that's wrong with this game is that there is so little reason to leave your base nobody ever does, and why should they? Even if you don't plan it out chances are you're sitting on enough iron/copper to last a lifetime, all your tree farms and crops can easily be done behind your safe walls, and the only things worth doing outside is the very rare occasion you go to trade regional mats or the equally rare occasion you go out to mine gold or silver or something if you're not sitting on a deposit.

So sure there's reasons to leave the safe zone but it's so rare that you'll probably only see another player once every 10 or so hours of travelling around.

The biggest thing this game needs is a lot more stuff to do outside your safe zones, stuff that we simply cannot just slap a claim on or build walls around and farm.
People need some good reasons to be brought out of their bases and actually interact with eachother, The overall feeling of Ultima Online pre-trammel should be the goal here.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 28 Mar 2018, 12:51

WestArcher wrote:In my opinion the biggest thing that's wrong with this game is that there is so little reason to leave your base nobody ever does, and why should they?

This is very true, even on a private claim. I have a private claim surrounded by wattle fences. I considered building palisade walls around it, but realized I didnt care enough when things started getting worse in game.

Even then, I login go tend to my stable and coup. Do some minor work around the claim, takes me about 30min to an hour at most. Then log out. Even when I do play I dont have to leave my claim to do anything I want or need to do. The only time I leave my claim is when I take my hides to the guilds trade post to sell for coin. That is it.

Ghofmann2

Post by Ghofmann2 » 28 Mar 2018, 14:51

Hodo wrote:
WestArcher wrote: The only time I leave my claim is when I take my hides to the guilds trade post to sell for coin. That is it.

I don't see why this is a problem. Kinda realistic. You spend most of your time on your property working, then you just need to travel to sell your wares or buy something, like regionals. So, you're vulnerable when your on a trade route. Also, there is another reason to leave your claim, and that's if you want to be a bandit and try to attack people while they're on a trade route. Unfortunately, there's not really enough players for that to be a practical game loop atm, but hopefully more players will join at the full release.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 28 Mar 2018, 15:25

Ghofmann2 wrote:I don't see why this is a problem. Kinda realistic. You spend most of your time on your property working, then you just need to travel to sell your wares or buy something, like regionals. So, you're vulnerable when your on a trade route. Also, there is another reason to leave your claim, and that's if you want to be a bandit and try to attack people while they're on a trade route. Unfortunately, there's not really enough players for that to be a practical game loop atm, but hopefully more players will join at the full release.

If I wanted to I could just build a trade post next to my house on my alts claim, and really not have to go anywhere.

Return to General Discussion