Fire damage and its tactical possibilities

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Altarak

Fire damage and its tactical possibilities

Post by Altarak » 12 Apr 2018, 13:55

hello guys,

I recently came up with the idea about implementing fire damage in the game. Its sadly missing in my opinion.

Some aspects i thought about:

- Fire Damage should be a debuff like poison, so Damage over Time, using fire arrows, torches and stuff.
- Fire could be applied to Trees and could also spread in a certain way, to burn whole forests to the ground. :evil:

In general spreading fire would be great, in terms of destroying wooden buildings, like palisades or wooden towers, and forcing others to build stuff out of stone for example. Players with simple clothes or leather armor would be more vulnerable to fire than players with plate armor. and so on...

There comes the tactical aspect about it. When it rains it wouldnt be possible to set fire to building or to players. So its important to think about strategy more deeply.

For example: I plan to burn trees of the enemy down, so i have to ask people of my guild first, who can give me some kind of weather forecast, like farmers who need to know about it.

i'd love to know what u think about it and if its already planned in some way. maybe u can add some ideas. :)

Bonjwa_Adalberga

Re: Fire damage and its tactical possibilities

Post by Bonjwa_Adalberga » 13 Apr 2018, 10:03

In general I lack opptions of strategic maneuvers in this game.

As the OP said his idea would add one more strategic aspect to the game and would make it more complex. It would also prevent pure farming areas, which are really not nice to look at from an aesthetic point of view, and would make the harvest of ressources more complex as well.

It might contribute the involvement of different charakters at the same time and the arragenments within a society.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas