offensive alchemy

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Honzadr

offensive alchemy

Post by Honzadr » 23 Jun 2014, 14:15

I think there should be option to use alchemy as weapon
Ideas:
Liquid flame potion (everyone knows what molotov is right?)
Toxic gas potion
Cryogenic potion(not good idea) :no:
Acid potion(decrease armor and damage it, possibly breaking it ;) bodyparts that are not covered could receive injury)
Sleep gas potion (drains soft HP)
Stun balls(one target,sling required, drains all soft HP if target doesnt have helmet)
Exploding barrel(becouse sheep wool soaked in nitre is nothing new)
Either on wheels or carried by player
burning weapons(cover your weapon in oil and add fire, just make sure your handle isnt burning too ;) )
tar bomb(slows down enemies, and makes them more flamable :twisted: )
tar in bucket "ever dreamed of moat filled with tar, that you could ignite. Wait, how was that movie called?"
fire moat(oil,wood,branches and torches :twisted: )
only alchemist could be able to make explosive arrows
and extract nitre out of manure :good: (others will have to mine it)
herbalists can make oil out of flax seeds(or other oily seeds that will be in game)
only experienced herbalists(50+) will be able to plant herbs

Any other ideas????
what you said:
-explosive potion
-poisoned weapons
-
-
-
Last edited by Honzadr on 24 Jun 2014, 08:47, edited 12 times in total.

Baelgor
Alpha Tester

Re: offensive alchemy

Post by Baelgor » 23 Jun 2014, 15:33

there is explosive naptha ... so it can be used to harm ppl

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 23 Jun 2014, 16:04

I don't know if I want explosives to be in a sword fighting game. They also got on my nerves in Chivalry.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 23 Jun 2014, 16:09

There's the naptha. There's also the throwing weapons as seen in cRPG, so there is plenty of opportunity for running around throwing annoying stuff for yonder common dick.

No bias. Whatsoever.

Siegbert wrote:I don't know if I want explosives to be in a sword fighting game. They also got on my nerves in Chivalry.

Chivalry got on my nerves :D

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 23 Jun 2014, 18:06

Are you suggesting that alchemists creates such weapons? or are you suggesting that you much have alchemy to also use such weapons?

Also, as must of us know, magic didn't really exist during medieval times or well, ever for that matter (you always get that one person that believes). Magic is more of illusion and the unexplained.

This could be a good way to realistically introduce (magic) into the game.

OMG a guy just threw a fireball.. wait no it was a cocktail(flaming glass bottle/clay jug full of alchohol that bursted into flames when it broke), or poison gases as mentioned.

But ya, Great feature, not sure it'll make it into release but I vote for it for a future content patch or expansion.

I'd love to be the Mad Alchemist. Can I get some crazy hair cosmetic with that?

Honzadr

Post by Honzadr » 23 Jun 2014, 18:31

Grimfest wrote:Are you suggesting that alchemists creates such weapons? or are you suggesting that you much have alchemy to also use such weapons?

it should be throwing weapon so...
but alchemy lvl could increase damage
but if developers plan to use this, they can do whatever they think is right
Grimfest wrote:Also, as must of us know, magic didn't really exist during medieval times or well, ever for that matter (you always get that one person that believes). Magic is more of illusion and the unexplained.

well if we think about it (about magic in medieval)
"house devoured by hell, becouse someone performed black magic inside"=someone did experiments with explosives in his basement ;)
skeletons=bandits attacking at night with bones attached to theyre armor(becouse they want people to believe that this road is cursed> so they dont go that way> they have to choose another way, where bandits can ambush them easily ;) )
vampires= in Slav mythology a bit stronger human with pale skin and black hair(even more simple= albino with good training), often married by normal human (chance of having another vampire in family)
every thing has simple explanation and it doesnt have to always be
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/848/ancient-aliens.jpg

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 23 Jun 2014, 19:00

Oh trust me I know, we have ad a conversation about this already in another thread. the argument was realism vs what people believed back then.. example. they believed in dragons, magic, we know today it doesn't exist but back then it was very real to them. Anyway the game is going more on realism rather then Belief system back then, which is why magic, dragons, trolls, goblins, undead and so on are not in the game. Another member said it best, Think Medieval Simulator, not Fantasy game.

Baelgor
Alpha Tester

Post by Baelgor » 23 Jun 2014, 19:29

Back to the alchemy topic ... I think it will be a great way for an alchemist to sell poisons and other "evil" stuff to bandits / mercanaries or other ppl who get their bread and butter with murdering ppl and so on^^ This would be another great way for alchemists to get some of da sweet golden money :D

Honzadr

Post by Honzadr » 23 Jun 2014, 19:38

Baelgor wrote:Back to the alchemy topic ... I think it will be a great way for an alchemist to sell poisons and other "evil" stuff to bandits / mercanaries or other ppl who get their bread and butter with murdering ppl and so on^^ This would be another great way for alchemists to get some of da sweet golden money :D

bobik already said they are planning poisons
thats why its not on the list

but if we can poison our weapons why we cant set them on fire :D
which brings me to another idea i´ll post that on front page

Baelgor
Alpha Tester

Post by Baelgor » 23 Jun 2014, 19:44

Honzadr wrote:bobik already said they are planning poisons
thats why its not on the list

Yep, i know that but i think this is still a pretty decent way for some mad aclhemist to get some money :D And with the explosive naptha i think you can use it on siege weapons... and why would u set your own weapon on fire?! This will only lower the durability so it is pretty pointless ... :D Set your weapon on fire is like swimming in the yellow deamon piss in Dark Souls 2 ... :D

Cheers mate :beer:

Honzadr

Post by Honzadr » 23 Jun 2014, 20:00

Baelgor wrote: why would u set your own weapon on fire?! This will only lower the durability so it is pretty pointless ... :D Set your weapon on fire is like swimming in the yellow deamon piss in Dark Souls 2 ... :D

i meant metal weapons :D

Baelgor
Alpha Tester

Post by Baelgor » 23 Jun 2014, 20:13

Aaaaah, so you want to melt your weapons and then splash your enemies molten iron in their ugly peasant faces... dude you sure a sick! :twisted:
http://www.gifwave.com/1L44/game-of-thrones-game-of-thrones-gif-khal-drogo-01x01-viserys-targaryen-gif
Last edited by Baelgor on 23 Jun 2014, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Honzadr

Post by Honzadr » 23 Jun 2014, 20:27

Baelgor wrote:Aaaaah, so you want to melt your weapons and then splash your enemies molten iron in their ugly peasant faces... dude you sure a sick! :twisted:

no i will use acid on my peasants :evil: Muhahahaha
OMG i almost forgot about Tar

Return to Suggestions and Ideas