Biological Warfare

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Ramaraunt

Biological Warfare

Post by Ramaraunt » 04 May 2014, 20:13

Even in Roman times there are accounts of biological warfare. In the times of the black death, sometimes siegers would throw diseased corpses into towns in order to infect the populace. This would be interesting in LiF.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Biological Warfare

Post by Siegbert » 04 May 2014, 20:49

Reminds me of Postal 2 :D

Don't know... how would you implement it?
Is every corpse going to be a ticking time bomb?
Is there a way not to get infected? I mean, sword to sword combat should be in the focus, I hope we agree...
I don't want to slowly die and can't do anything against it. That would just frustrate me.

AeroDynamic

Post by AeroDynamic » 05 May 2014, 19:09

I look forward to seeing cow corpses flung over the battlements. :good:

Ehhhh... I'm torn. I see what Siegbert's getting at. It could just be an unnecessary component that would complicate things and possibly be overpowered/annoying.

But if they could make it work, it might be an interesting feature that could be used situationally. Like, maybe it could have a small contamination radius and take a minute or two to infect (the closer you are, infects faster? It could encourage the use of doctors. and if it got out of hand, guards could block off part of the castle.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 05 May 2014, 19:34

I mean, it could be interesting and would definitely be a unique selling point for this game, speaking of non compromised medieval realism in a MMO.

When you mentioned it I was thinking about the radioactive contamintaion from Rust. You could only be a certain time in this region and die if you don't get out.
To be anywhere realstic it needed to have a slowing effect on regeneration as well.

To get rid of the contamination you would need to send guys in there, drag the corpses to a stake and burn them.

Wigster600

Post by Wigster600 » 05 May 2014, 20:22

Perhaps you could bury/burn corpses in a certain amount of time before people near them have a chance of catching a diseas, the longer the body lingers, the higher chance there is.

Cndo
Alpha Tester

Post by Cndo » 09 May 2014, 03:29

like tossing diseased cows into cities?
It could be interesting, maybe have disease de-buffs.

Cows get sick and die, cover face and hands load up sick dieing cows and toss into cities it sounds highly interesting to me.

+0 depending on implementation.
Cndo - Adminstrator/Elder of Northmark Guild

Atiden

Post by Atiden » 12 May 2014, 23:38

The idea of corpse decay and disease is an interesting one, it can effect far more than just warfare, someone dies in a town, no one knows about it, eventually people start getting sick and you suddenly have an epidemic on your hands, or a big battle was fought and now there is nothing but corpses on the battle field the corpses would need to be buried or burned to avoid plague.

This would definitely increase the need for having a doctor or even multiple doctors around to treat the sick.

+1

Ramaraunt

Post by Ramaraunt » 13 May 2014, 03:30

Atiden wrote:The idea of corpse decay and disease is an interesting one, it can effect far more than just warfare, someone dies in a town, no one knows about it, eventually people start getting sick and you suddenly have an epidemic on your hands, or a big battle was fought and now there is nothing but corpses on the battle field the corpses would need to be buried or burned to avoid plague.

This would definitely increase the need for having a doctor or even multiple doctors around to treat the sick.

+1

I thought there were no corpses, only gravestones.

Personally, I'd like corpses though.

Honzadr

Post by Honzadr » 23 Jun 2014, 21:17

*Cow, or rotten blob of something(guts of dead animals) hits the ground
*Healer came there to sterylise it
*corpse disappears(but if healer doesnt have high level there could be something left :shock: )

Honzadr

Post by Honzadr » 23 Jun 2014, 21:23

Siegbert wrote:Reminds me of Postal 2 :D

Don't know... how would you implement it?
Is every corpse going to be a ticking time bomb?
Is there a way not to get infected? I mean, sword to sword combat should be in the focus, I hope we agree...
I don't want to slowly die and can't do anything against it. That would just frustrate me.

Fight back, that is your only chance
If you think that in medieval they were always fair
It is time to read some hystoricaly accurate books :Search:

Return to Suggestions and Ideas