K/D Logbook

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

K/D Logbook

Post by Jezbelle » 20 May 2014, 00:57

I would love to be able to open up a logbook with a list of enemy players whom I have fought, each with a historical lifetime record of how many times we have killed each other.

E.g.

-----Name ---------Kills ------- Deaths ------ Guild

1. Sir Lancelot ----- 5 ----------- 6 ---------- Roses
2. Jezbelle --------- 0 ----------- 8 --------- Blue Beatles
3. Superman ------- 4 ----------- 1 ----------- N/A

Ideally, I would be able to right click an enemy player and be able to instantly see their name in this log. This is the only way I would be able to remember if I have history with them or not.

The ability to write in a note next to each player entry would also be great. "this goddam sonofabitch camped me all day. remember to get revenge!!!"

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Re: K/D Logbook

Post by Hoshiqua » 22 May 2014, 15:01

That would ruin any attempt of killing somebody without being noticed, or at least identified.

Touchmee
Alpha Tester

Post by Touchmee » 22 May 2014, 15:15

I kinda like the idea of a kill death log book, or maybe some global ranking system of who has the best KD ratio or something

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 22 May 2014, 20:17

Hoshiqua wrote:That would ruin any attempt of killing somebody without being noticed, or at least identified.

How? If we can already see other player's names (which was my current understanding), then this would not undermine player anonymity. In fact, in order to use this feature and "look someone up," one would have to know a player's name already.

I kinda like the idea of a kill death log book, or maybe some global ranking system of who has the best KD ratio or something

I really like your idea as well. But i think it is a separate one. I think both should be implemented. In your "global" KD log, there could also be other stats, like guild with most kills, guild with most resources, guild with most land, power, influence, population. Why don't you submit it as a suggestion?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 22 May 2014, 21:04

You can see player name only if you are close enough and you look at him. Also Hoshiqua is right, stealth kills would mean absolutely nothing if one that have been killed would know who killed him even, if he did not see who was it, and all thanks to magical book that would tell him who killed him so he could call his friends and raid the guy. I don't see how it fits into this immersive, realistic world.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 23 May 2014, 19:10

Arrakis09 wrote:You can see player name only if you are close enough and you look at him. Also Hoshiqua is right, stealth kills would mean absolutely nothing if one that have been killed would know who killed him even, if he did not see who was it, and all thanks to magical book that would tell him who killed him so he could call his friends and raid the guy. I don't see how it fits into this immersive, realistic world.

I guess you're right about that, someone could take an arrow in the forest and fall of his horse, and then not get looted. (do you see names when you're dead)?

Anyways, the global KD log would not have this problem. Nor a book of current politics that show which guilds hold what % of resources in the world, alliances, % of population, % of land, etc. This would be a nice feature for getting a vague sense of the current politics. I don't believe this would be anti-immersive, or "magic". It's like a newspaper. Some things are just impossible to know otherwise.

Moonpoppy
Alpha Tester

Post by Moonpoppy » 23 Jun 2014, 13:54

Brilliant idea for end-game. Will keep people playing and maybe seiges by Guild etc could be added.

This should reset monthly or 2/3 monthly and maybe bonuses for winning?

Honzadr

Post by Honzadr » 23 Jun 2014, 18:09

i disagree
it would make 450km large arena instead of medieval simulator/rpg

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 23 Jun 2014, 18:23

I was always a fan of Vangand's Infamy system. They have since changed it into a currency based system, but the original system was good, however, it promotes, PvP and this game promotes politics first, pvp last. So I wouldn't know how to fit it in.

And this IS a sim/rpg not an arena style game, It saddens me to say it as my only purpose for playing games is PvP. I just hope I can war every guild/clan on the server.

Moonpoppy
Alpha Tester

Post by Moonpoppy » 26 Jun 2014, 07:46

Honzadr wrote:i disagree
it would make 450km large arena instead of medieval simulator/rpg

It's a PvP-RP type game. How do you intend to keep PvP'ers... PvPing without some sort of goal/achievement?

In my eyes, the map is to large to become a huge arena. Not to mention that saftey of ones castle/village?

I wouldn't want LiF to turn into another Crafting game MMO...

End-game PvP goals/achievements are certainly needed, even if it is just a K/D ratio or ranking board.

Honzadr

Post by Honzadr » 26 Jun 2014, 08:26

Moonpoppy wrote:It's a PvP-RP type game. How do you intend to keep PvP'ers... PvPing without some sort of goal/achievement?

role play-fight for your kingdom to conquer as much land as possible
and force whole server to bow to you, your companions and your leader
and then you have to fight rebelling forces hiding in forests,being supported by peasants that have too high taxes

Moonpoppy wrote:In my eyes, the map is to large to become a huge arena. Not to mention that saftey of ones castle/village?

I wouldn't want LiF to turn into another Crafting game MMO...

End-game PvP goals/achievements are certainly needed, even if it is just a K/D ratio or ranking board.

if we talk about medieval, we talk about huge battles for territory,
not about death match in Chivalry:MW

some people don´t realize but this game is not called counter strike
its called Life is FEUDAL
FEUDALhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feudalism

Moonpoppy
Alpha Tester

Post by Moonpoppy » 26 Jun 2014, 08:57

Counter Strike... Not sure how that's anyway related to this? Maybe the term "K/D" worries you, due to its connection with First-Person Shooters?
I can assure you that "K/D", is a genuine gaming term and can be linked to any genre of game...

I'm fully aware of what Feudal means and the aspects of this game. I'm simply saying as a PvP'er, that without end-game goals/achievements/ranks etc to aim for... it will be extremely hard to keep players interested in PvP'ing.

The battle system and concept hasn't even been agreed and neither has a conquering system.
I don't really mind if it's a Guild K/D or conquering stats. I'm simply stating (again) there needs to be end-game PvP rankings/goals etc... to keep people interested :)

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 26 Jun 2014, 10:47

OP here. I've been worried about end-game for a while. General opinion though is that PVP and territory wars alone will be enough of an end-game. Although I'm not as hopeful - I think it will be very hard to keep players interested.

My other solution is to give players tangible bonuses/advantages to owning more land/territory.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 26 Jun 2014, 16:15

This will be an evolving world - there will be no "endgame", just like there isn't any "endgame" in real life, because world moves and changes. A great example of that is Eve Online, there is no "End Game" specific content, but there are still a lot playing, and a lot arriving, still.

Honzadr

Post by Honzadr » 26 Jun 2014, 16:52

maybe if there will be no resistance and whole server will be united to one kingdom
then apocalypse will begin and whole server will be restarted :evil:

Return to Suggestions and Ideas