Horse breeding in small stables appears broken.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Devilize
Alpha Tester

Horse breeding in small stables appears broken.

Post by Devilize » 01 Feb 2018, 17:14

Hi, I manage 12 small stables 2 of which are used for cow breeding and the rest for aging and breeding of average quality high 80's horses in Buyan server 7.

Since managing these small stables I've run into nothing but inconsistencies and what appears to be severe bugs. I've gone through the trouble of troubleshooting this issue over the course of about a month now and at this point I'm ready to provide my findings.

-------------------------------

Problem 1. Breeding abruptly stops following a patch or server reset.

Explanation - I've run into this problem with multiple small stables whom were successfully breeding an average of 2 foals a day only to completely stop production after a patch or server reset event.

Details - Small stable durability 12300 (while I understand that stable is of lower quality this exact problem is occurring with stables of 18k+ durability as well). Feed is straw of various qualities ranging from 50-90+. I've verified these horses were within breeding age, not because I'm certain of what the max breeding age is but because I was able to move these horses/stallions from the bugged small stable into another stable that was continued to breed successfully. The results were that after 3 days of no foals in the bugged stable I had immediate 2 births within 24 hours after being placed in another stable confirmed to still be working. No horses died due to old age (I'm not sure if old age death's are a negative) or from too much dung.

Steps to resolve - 1. Waited 3 days for any change while maintaining a clean stable with consistent food supply. = no change. 2. Removed all horses and food from stable and left alone for 3 days. = Resolved? This small stable did suddenly allow births after 3 days of no activity, however, the stable has bugged again after a server reset and since then and this step did not resolve it a second time. 3. Used selective breeding with a single pair (I assume the 'sheep' icon beside the animal count is for selective breeding in small stables) = no change after 3 days. Single pair without selective breeding = no change after 3 days. 3 pairs = no change after 3 days.

-------------------------

Problem 2. Newly constructed small stables have never had a foal which has been going on for over two weeks now.

Explanation - You read correct, we have built 5 new small stables of 18k plus durability and stocked them with premier horses/stallions of breeding ages 8+ in 4 of these stables. (one used for cows). 1 small stable immediately started producing foals on average 2 a day while the other three have yet to have one birth going on 2 weeks.

Details - 18k+ Durability. Feed is straw of various qualities ranging from 50-90+.

Steps to resolve - Exact steps used in problem 1. Swapped cows into 'bugged' small stable, horses moved into cow stable which has been successfully breeding cows since they were placed. = Cows continued to breed in 'bugged' small stable that would not breed the horses. Horses have yet to breed in small stable that was successfully breeding cows for what has been 4 days now.

What I know.

1. Horses can breed at age 8.

What I think.

2. Small stables durability dictates odds of foal per tick, chances of quality increase per ingame day and overall increase in quality of foal compared to the parents.
3. Animal lore level when placing horses in small stable also plays into what was mentioned above including odds of a full life span.
4. An unnatural death can lead poor odds of further births for a period of time.
5. Carrots>Straw>Apples

What I need to test.

1. At a certain quality of horse carrots are the only food that wll breed foals.
2. Why when carrots apples and straw are available to feed from, horses eat straw before anything else.
3. Is it better to have 1 horse and 5 stallions, 1 stallion and 5 horses or even pairs when breeding.
4. My horses die at age 27 naturally, how the hell does someone have an age 71 horse with 85 quality.

Thanks for anyone's help and willingness to read all this, I'll be checking in on this to answer any questions that may arise.
The most amazing signature you could ever see is located here but in UV.

Thygar123
Zealous Believer

Re: Horse breeding in small stables appears broken.

Post by Thygar123 » 02 Feb 2018, 04:22

Had the same problem, all we did was keep 1 type of food in the barn at a time and when they stop breeding we just change the food to something else.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 02 Feb 2018, 11:36

Indeed, there is a problem with breeding horses. We are investigating this issue and we'll fix it as soon as possible.

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 02 Feb 2018, 15:29

We have the same issue, our cows breed like crazy but horses refuse to breed.
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Devilize
Alpha Tester

Post by Devilize » 08 Feb 2018, 17:27

As of the most recent patch your horse breeding mechanics continue to be broken. While many of my horses are showing the proper maturity for their age others are not so much. Based on your edit of the breeding article the horses below should be younglings yet they're able to breed successfully. On the other hand I have "Old" stallions that will likely die before they should be able to breed.

ImageImageImageImage

To top it off horses continue to die after age 26, most recently a stallion age 24 84 quality just died last tick.
The most amazing signature you could ever see is located here but in UV.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 08 Feb 2018, 18:21

Noticed last night also with my horses. As a test I put a 39ql Stallion that was age 0 in with an age 24 84ql horse.

Next tick I had a 59ql horse born.... talk about starting young.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Service1

Post by Service1 » 09 Feb 2018, 17:41

My Horse with q66 dies with age 17 now..., but they can have children at 25... aem soemthing is really broken here

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 09 Feb 2018, 19:54

It wasn't fully patched :( Sorry. We are going to fix that soon.

Service1

Post by Service1 » 10 Feb 2018, 13:09

@Arrakis,

now after the Patch is the Age from your post the Age when the Horse died? Ore is that the max Age?

In the previous version, it gives a Range. So i know when Age XYZ is arriived, my Horse (animal) can go dead now.

Whats now?

Edit. Next Horse died with 17 .. whats with a reward?

Ribben

Post by Ribben » 14 Feb 2018, 15:38

nothing new here?

Glorvaex

Post by Glorvaex » 14 Feb 2018, 21:00

Can we have a full explanation on the animal breeding with the age and dying?
Our breeder is saying they still die much younger then the ages mentioned in the latest patch....

Hawkeyez

Post by Hawkeyez » 15 Feb 2018, 18:04

Higher Q horses would die later say after age 21.

Minimum age of fertility may also decrease due to quality but I wouldnt expect a large difference; just a difference.

Must be a formula based on Quality.
Last edited by Hawkeyez on 20 Mar 2018, 05:18, edited 1 time in total.
plzzz text me ... i luv you

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 15 Feb 2018, 18:15

I have left a stallion and a horse in my small stable breeding for coming up on a week now, trying to see how old they will die at.

The stallion is 88ql and 42 as of yesterday. The horse is 83ql and 36 as of yesterday.

Both are still breeding as of last night.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 22 Feb 2018, 18:36

Just FYI: Pre-patch animals are still subjects to pre-patch settings. So they will breed and die according to previous settings. New animals, however, born after that breeding fix will have normal settings and work according to the known settings.

Axlrosein92

Post by Axlrosein92 » 27 Feb 2018, 14:18

Thanks for sharing your experience, i have no breed or milk production since 7days (real time) ago and was turning myself crazy wondering why until i read this. i hope they fix it soon. please continue sharing your experience managing stables :Bravo: :Bravo:

Devilize wrote:Hi, I manage 12 small stables 2 of which are used for cow breeding and the rest for aging and breeding of average quality high 80's horses in Buyan server 7.

Since managing these small stables I've run into nothing but inconsistencies and what appears to be severe bugs. I've gone through the trouble of troubleshooting this issue over the course of about a month now and at this point I'm ready to provide my findings.

-------------------------------

Problem 1. Breeding abruptly stops following a patch or server reset.

Explanation - I've run into this problem with multiple small stables whom were successfully breeding an average of 2 foals a day only to completely stop production after a patch or server reset event.

Details - Small stable durability 12300 (while I understand that stable is of lower quality this exact problem is occurring with stables of 18k+ durability as well). Feed is straw of various qualities ranging from 50-90+. I've verified these horses were within breeding age, not because I'm certain of what the max breeding age is but because I was able to move these horses/stallions from the bugged small stable into another stable that was continued to breed successfully. The results were that after 3 days of no foals in the bugged stable I had immediate 2 births within 24 hours after being placed in another stable confirmed to still be working. No horses died due to old age (I'm not sure if old age death's are a negative) or from too much dung.

Steps to resolve - 1. Waited 3 days for any change while maintaining a clean stable with consistent food supply. = no change. 2. Removed all horses and food from stable and left alone for 3 days. = Resolved? This small stable did suddenly allow births after 3 days of no activity, however, the stable has bugged again after a server reset and since then and this step did not resolve it a second time. 3. Used selective breeding with a single pair (I assume the 'sheep' icon beside the animal count is for selective breeding in small stables) = no change after 3 days. Single pair without selective breeding = no change after 3 days. 3 pairs = no change after 3 days.

-------------------------

Problem 2. Newly constructed small stables have never had a foal which has been going on for over two weeks now.

Explanation - You read correct, we have built 5 new small stables of 18k plus durability and stocked them with premier horses/stallions of breeding ages 8+ in 4 of these stables. (one used for cows). 1 small stable immediately started producing foals on average 2 a day while the other three have yet to have one birth going on 2 weeks.

Details - 18k+ Durability. Feed is straw of various qualities ranging from 50-90+.

Steps to resolve - Exact steps used in problem 1. Swapped cows into 'bugged' small stable, horses moved into cow stable which has been successfully breeding cows since they were placed. = Cows continued to breed in 'bugged' small stable that would not breed the horses. Horses have yet to breed in small stable that was successfully breeding cows for what has been 4 days now.

What I know.

1. Horses can breed at age 8.

What I think.

2. Small stables durability dictates odds of foal per tick, chances of quality increase per ingame day and overall increase in quality of foal compared to the parents.
3. Animal lore level when placing horses in small stable also plays into what was mentioned above including odds of a full life span.
4. An unnatural death can lead poor odds of further births for a period of time.
5. Carrots>Straw>Apples

What I need to test.

1. At a certain quality of horse carrots are the only food that wll breed foals.
2. Why when carrots apples and straw are available to feed from, horses eat straw before anything else.
3. Is it better to have 1 horse and 5 stallions, 1 stallion and 5 horses or even pairs when breeding.
4. My horses die at age 27 naturally, how the hell does someone have an age 71 horse with 85 quality.

Thanks for anyone's help and willingness to read all this, I'll be checking in on this to answer any questions that may arise.

Powereagle69

Post by Powereagle69 » 05 Mar 2018, 19:18

same had new horse every 2 days and mow it is pretty random, sometime every 4 days or never... only since last patch that corrected the server transfer aging bug... i still cant understand whats going on...

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 06 Mar 2018, 03:43

I'm consecutively having 2-3 horses per stable daily. 1 male / 3 females, always keep it clean... if something died in it, you have to completely empty it and leave it for several days.

Have 12 stables, all breeding atleast 2 horses a day. They have to be 25 age now, they breed 25-82, not 8-25.
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Dragul_Mongol

Post by Dragul_Mongol » 22 Jul 2018, 19:02

this has been back or still not fixed....we are nearly a month now and still no Horses being bred, made a new small stable and same issue.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 23 Jul 2018, 17:33

Dragul_Mongol wrote:this has been back or still not fixed....we are nearly a month now and still no Horses being bred, made a new small stable and same issue.

Please contact us on discord with more details. http://discord.gg/lifeisfeudal

Return to General Discussion