Looking to Join the Fun

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Zotis

Looking to Join the Fun

Post by Zotis » 27 Jun 2014, 16:33

Hello, I just watched RhinoCrunch's video and I'm very intrigued by this game. This looks like it could be one of those games that I've always wished existed.

It's 50 euro to get into the pre-alpha right now, right? That's like $70 Canadian according to google. I'd pay that.

Well, I'm seriously looking into this right now so, I might do that soon.

Arrakis

Re: Looking to Join the Fun

Post by Arrakis » 27 Jun 2014, 17:40

Welcome, you will surely have a good time here, enjoy ;)

LuisMH

Post by LuisMH » 27 Jun 2014, 19:46

50 euros, 70 canadian...

it's 150 "reais" for me, more than watch dogs or arma 3 or dayz

wish I lived in Europe... :(

Zotis

Post by Zotis » 27 Jun 2014, 22:22

I payed $150 to get into the alpha for Archeage. It's a good game, but it's not a game that I always wished existed.

Hanger55
Alpha Tester

Post by Hanger55 » 28 Jun 2014, 02:45

well I payed 80.01 Canadian... I did throw in a bit more than 50 euros but not more than 58.... Agreed that its a bit steep for most games but that's not the final price, as well as they could use it. I'm pretty sure they don't have a 2mill budget or even 500k.... Maybe they do I'm not certain but they could use money.

but I'd like to say... They said that you will get access to alpha, beta and have premium currency for release.... So.... I feel like I'm buying a deluxe version.

Gixxer6er
Alpha Tester

Post by Gixxer6er » 29 Jun 2014, 22:16

Just paid myself, can't wait to try it out!

Flannery
Alpha Tester

Post by Flannery » 29 Jun 2014, 22:35

Welcome to the community! :Yahoo!:

Do remember guys...

The 50 Euro's is not to buy the game - it is a donation, which is rewarded with testing rights to all stage before release.
And you get some in-game currency to transfer your character to the mainland at release as a thanks for your help.

To actually "buy" the game will be cheaper at release or Steam Early Access, as this is regarded a purchase.

You all who donate are pioneers who help this game get realized ;)

I wish you all good luck and prosperity in LiF - and Life! :beer:
"The enemy of my enemy - is my friend"

"Tides of War" Pre Alpha Videos
http://www.tidesofwargame.com

Krenshaw

Post by Krenshaw » 27 Jul 2014, 16:24

ive read on mmorpg.com that this is free to play, i cant find a play button anywhere. ive set up an account and had it validated. ive played wurm and wish to check this out. wheres the dang play button .

MachineMedic
Alpha Tester

Post by MachineMedic » 27 Jul 2014, 17:19

ive read on mmorpg.com that this is free to play, i cant find a play button anywhere. ive set up an account and had it validated. ive played wurm and wish to check this out. wheres the dang play button .

You won't find a 'Play' button anywhere on this site, because neither of the two versions of LiF have been released yet. This game is still in a pre-alpha development stage. All access to the game world is restricted to pre-alpha testers who wish to support the game.

Also, I'm not positive on the policies around here yet, but your post might be considered a thread-necro.

RoboSenshi
Alpha Tester

Post by RoboSenshi » 27 Jul 2014, 19:44

I've resisted paying that 50 Euros for a while now. But it seems I'm going to do it. I was going to wait to see some archery and mounted combat before I pit any money down. The game concept wore me down. I'll think of it as a donation to try and make sure the game dosnt die before its time.

The devs however will have to start making better PR and marketing decisions. A game this good shouldn't fail cause of bad marketing.

RoboSenshi
Alpha Tester

Post by RoboSenshi » 28 Jul 2014, 00:54

Yep I donated 70USD. This is actually the first time I have ever made a donation towards a game's development.

Pretty sure I did the right thing. Gotta have faith right!?

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 28 Jul 2014, 08:51

Same here ;)

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 28 Jul 2014, 09:14

Cool. Welcome to the club :Yahoo!:

Riboy98
Alpha Tester

Post by Riboy98 » 28 Jul 2014, 09:30

And today is a day when i first time donate. But it's worth this 50€. :Yahoo!:

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 28 Jul 2014, 11:28

And Bobik goes

Kern
Alpha Tester

Post by Kern » 02 Aug 2014, 23:47

Hello everyone :D ! I just saw this game and it sounds like a gift of heaven ! I can't wait to test it ! Huge congrats to the devs, I'm sure it was not easy to code such a unbelievable game !

Dracathio

Post by Dracathio » 03 Aug 2014, 03:50

RoboSenshi wrote:I've resisted paying that 50 Euros for a while now. But it seems I'm going to do it. I was going to wait to see some archery and mounted combat before I pit any money down. The game concept wore me down. I'll think of it as a donation to try and make sure the game dosnt die before its time.

The devs however will have to start making better PR and marketing decisions. A game this good shouldn't fail cause of bad marketing.

Well I didn't read page two of this thread yet, but I saw your post there Robo.

I myself saw this game through Team Epiphany, so their "marketing" Strategy isn't really reaching the Americans much [probably a good thing being that most would just ruin this whole forum all together (sorry to those who are American, but you know very well our country is messed up) and probably the alpha testing world as well], but I have seen a lot of videos done by other youtubers from other parts of the world [think German, Russian (well that's to be expected as the dev group mostly is Russian), and 1 other I think ( I have no clue, I never did study foreign language in highschool)], so if there ends up being a chance to get someone like PewDiePie, YOGSCAST, or even GameGrumps to do a video on this game, that should end up bringing far more people to the game.

I am quite sure though when they release "LiF: Your Own" on steam to have people play a restrictive version of it that doesn't have the MMO set up [guilds, sieges, etc], but has the building and survival aspect of it this game will get out there further because it will be more easily accessed by the bigger youtubers who can just throw out the $30 or I guess $40 [idk the euro to USD exchange sadly, and I'm sure a Euro is worth more than a dollar], they will be more inclined to put down 50+ Euro's to get into Alpha unless bokik (sorry if I spelt your gamer tag wrong) allows the bigger youtubers into test it without the need for donation, to help get the game out there.

In my case I shall be donating more money [didn't throw in enough as of yet but shall throw in more this week to hopefully get into the testing, and try it out]

Anyways, to those who do read this and are wondering if it would be worth it to put down the money to just get into the test, or to just put down what ever you can. From my perspective [I have played many MMO's, messed around with a few sandbox style games, and played many RPG games: Skyrim, WoW, Runescape, Maplestory, Perfect World, Star Trek Online, Lord of the Rings Online, Mabinogi, Oblivion, Minecraft, Dragon Age Origins, CastleMiner, CastleMinerZ, Evony, Evony2, Castlot, Three Kingdoms Online, WarTune, Age of Empires, Civilization V] this game is worth putting money into and help the development team keep going with it and get it out sooner than later, and to be truthful being part of a beta and helping shape a great game like this for the better is very rewarding for when it is released, if you don't want to take my word for it than check the rest of the forums many already on here who have played even more than me who would agree that this is a game worth investing in ^,..,^

Well off to read more of the forums, happy beta testing to those who are in it, and happy gaming 8-)

MachineMedic
Alpha Tester

Post by MachineMedic » 03 Aug 2014, 13:54

I myself saw this game through Team Epiphany, so their "marketing" Strategy isn't really reaching the Americans much [probably a good thing being that most would just ruin this whole forum all together (sorry to those who are American, but you know very well [y]our country is messed up)

[tangent]

Whether that statement has any truth behind it or not, putting a totally disrespectful remark like that in the beginning of any forum post generally tends to make everyone that reads it automatically ignore and disregard everything else you've written after that point.

While I myself am admittedly a bit of a misanthrope and might be able to understand where the sentiment behind some of your words might be coming from, this is not the appropriate place or discussion to voice such an opinion with any hopes of productive results, much less in such a snide and "holier-than-thou" manner.

Please be more careful about making written attacks on targeted people in the future, because I'm fairly sure the moderators here won't tolerate too many more posts like that.

[/tangent]

Return to Newcomer Section