Is the world in LIF YO stretchable?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

DoomBringer

Is the world in LIF YO stretchable?

Post by DoomBringer » 11 Sep 2014, 09:18

I've read somewhere that the world in Life is Feudal is 3x3 km. Is it correct? Also, can it be stretched even further?

Belphegor
Alpha Tester

Re: Is the world in LIF YO stretchable?

Post by Belphegor » 11 Sep 2014, 09:25

hi,

yes the world is 3x3km, and the MMO will have a 21x21km world that 'can be streched almost endlessly'

source http://lifeisfeudal.com/LiFYO

cheers

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 11 Sep 2014, 09:27

Unfortunately that will not be possible. In LiF:YO 3x3 km is basically a single server node (LiF MMO map is built out of 49 server nodes) and it cannot be stretched.

DoomBringer

Post by DoomBringer » 11 Sep 2014, 09:31

I see. Do you think 3x3km is enough space for 64 players? I'd like to live as a hermit and I don't want anyone to find me. However, if the map is only 3x3km this might be problematic

Baelgor
Alpha Tester

Post by Baelgor » 11 Sep 2014, 09:36

DoomBringer wrote:I see. Do you think 3x3km is enough space for 64 players? I'd like to live as a hermit and I don't want anyone to find me. However, if the map is only 3x3km this might be problematic

Believe the alpha army 3x3 is huge. ... Well it may not be huge enough for a hermit to be unseen but you can always host a dedicated server for you and your friends and save it with a password.

DoomBringer

Post by DoomBringer » 11 Sep 2014, 09:39

Baelgor wrote:
DoomBringer wrote:I see. Do you think 3x3km is enough space for 64 players? I'd like to live as a hermit and I don't want anyone to find me. However, if the map is only 3x3km this might be problematic

Believe the alpha army 3x3 is huge. ... Well it may not be huge enough for a hermit to be unseen but you can always host a dedicated server for you and your friends and save it with a password.

Duh, but how is it fun? I am a PvP player, playing with my friends only isn't my cup of tea really. Hopefully I can make some obscured tunnel and hide in there. And make of bunch of abandoned houses nearby so people won't suspect anything :)

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 11 Sep 2014, 09:43

DoomBringer wrote:And make of bunch of abandoned houses nearby so people won't suspect anything :)

That is definitely inconspicuous.

Belphegor
Alpha Tester

Post by Belphegor » 11 Sep 2014, 09:49

just a suggestion, but you could join a server where most people stick together where there might be a lot of players online but most live and hang out in one big village. making your camp far away from the most populated area would render you and your friends pretty safe because 3x3 might sound small but it's a pretty long walk to get somewhere. you'll be less likely to be found than on a server where everyone is spread out all over the map if you know what i mean

DoomBringer

Post by DoomBringer » 11 Sep 2014, 09:52

Belphegor wrote:just a suggestion, but you could join a server where most people stick together where there might be a lot of players online but most live and hang out in one big village. making your camp far away from the most populated area would render you and your friends pretty safe because 3x3 might sound small but it's a pretty long walk to get somewhere. you'll be less likely to be found than on a server where everyone is spread out all over the map if you know what i mean

Thanks for suggestion, I'll definitely consider this.
A question, how much real time time it takes to go from one edge of the map to another (diagonally)?

Belphegor
Alpha Tester

Post by Belphegor » 11 Sep 2014, 10:09

i'm afraid i can't give you an accurate answer to that one, Sir Doombringer. maybe someone else can :)

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 11 Sep 2014, 10:20

Remembering roughly from when I started my first pre alpha testing experience on the MMO world 2 weeks ago and had to run away from server 25 asap, it took me like half an hour to walk/run/walk across one server (=3x3km).

DoomBringer

Post by DoomBringer » 11 Sep 2014, 10:22

Richard_Smith wrote:Remembering roughly from when I started my first pre alpha testing experience on the MMO world 2 weeks ago and had to run away from server 25 asap, it took me like half an hour to walk/run/walk across one server (=3x3km).

Thanks!

Baelgor
Alpha Tester

Post by Baelgor » 11 Sep 2014, 10:39

DoomBringer wrote:Thanks for suggestion, I'll definitely consider this.
A question, how much real time time it takes to go from one edge of the map to another (diagonally)?

Good question, it depends on the players / terrain ... some may look around and some go straight but i think 45 minutes is a good answer. I traveled like 4 Servers and it took me like 2 hours +- 30 minutes.

Damlet
Alpha Tester

Post by Damlet » 11 Sep 2014, 11:02

40-50 minutes per server should go, also depends on the gear you're wearing, and if you bring your very full inventory.

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 11 Sep 2014, 11:33

DoomBringer wrote:
Belphegor wrote:just a suggestion, but you could join a server where most people stick together where there might be a lot of players online but most live and hang out in one big village. making your camp far away from the most populated area would render you and your friends pretty safe because 3x3 might sound small but it's a pretty long walk to get somewhere. you'll be less likely to be found than on a server where everyone is spread out all over the map if you know what i mean

Thanks for suggestion, I'll definitely consider this.

20 minutes is a good estimate if sprinting naked. A little more and little less.

Seeker
Alpha Tester

Post by Seeker » 11 Sep 2014, 12:05

This size of server maps however provide completely different game play experience. I mean imagine people building village om one and gearing up and then jumping on another public server fully geared to eat ice cream and kick ass and just imagine they already finished with the ice cream..
But seriously. I am not against YO but its a going to be a different feel entirely.
black-company-t1439/ Recruiting young mongrels, misfits and noobs since 2014) 'One day we will find our homeland!'

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/blackc ... 9431228985

Seeker
Alpha Tester

Post by Seeker » 11 Sep 2014, 12:07

BTW the LiF:YO is on 'coming soon' yearly access. Congrats to everyone first, step forwards! :D :D :D
black-company-t1439/ Recruiting young mongrels, misfits and noobs since 2014) 'One day we will find our homeland!'

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 11 Sep 2014, 12:13

Seeker wrote:This size of server maps however provide completely different game play experience. I mean imagine people building village om one and gearing up and then jumping on another public server fully geared to eat ice cream and kick ass and just imagine they already finished with the ice cream..
But seriously. I am not against YO but its a going to be a different feel entirely.

Characters do not transfer or server hop as in DayZ.

Baelgor
Alpha Tester

Post by Baelgor » 11 Sep 2014, 12:19

Saxxon wrote:
Seeker wrote:This size of server maps however provide completely different game play experience. I mean imagine people building village om one and gearing up and then jumping on another public server fully geared to eat ice cream and kick ass and just imagine they already finished with the ice cream..

Characters do not transfer or server hop as in DayZ.

For more informations:
lif-yo-server-hopping-t1743/

Seeker
Alpha Tester

Post by Seeker » 11 Sep 2014, 12:40

cheerrs boys

Return to General Discussion