Combat stance = hunchback stance?

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Combat stance = hunchback stance?

Post by Jezbelle » 18 Sep 2014, 06:13

Currently, combat stance translates to hunching your back like you have extremely bad posture. It's really awkward looking.

This needs to be changed eventually! Anyone have any better ideas?

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Combat stance = hunchback stance?

Post by Siegbert » 18 Sep 2014, 07:08

Yeah, I also criticized that in a thread.

As a side note, I really think animations for movement in combat stance should be redone completely. The way you're holding your sword while only moving your legs looks retarded. In other games such as M&B, Chivalry, Skyrim, you're holding your sword in hand but not in a way as if you're about to hit the very next second.
It should be more relaxed and only come off aggressive when you're actually hitting or blocking.

On a side note (and this may be a bug, I don't know):
when you simply want to pull out your weapon that doesn't seem to be possible without going into unarmed "hunchback stance" first... So you press "R", and then press your weapon slot to pull it out.
When you have done that once the game seems to remember which weapon you want to take for combat unless you change your weapon slots.

I don't like this. You should be able to draw your weapons just by the click on your slot like in Skyrim without being "combat ready" before.

The way it should be is this:
1. You're relaxed
2. then somebody approaches you
3. you press "1" (or R if the games knows your primary weapon slot which you might have set first) and swiftly pull out your weapon. You hold it in a semi relaxed state.
4. When you block or attack is the time for animations look more aggressively.

Venciera
Alpha Tester

Post by Venciera » 18 Sep 2014, 09:04

+1

I agree, it looks bad. Leaning forward, and back animations should be disabled while fighting.

+ 1

Also for your suggestion Siegbert.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 18 Sep 2014, 09:53

Siegbert wrote:The way it should be is this:
1. You're relaxed
2. then somebody approaches you
3. you press "1" (or R if the games knows your primary weapon slot which you might have set first) and swiftly pull out your weapon. You hold it in a semi relaxed state.
4. When you block or attack is the time for animations look more aggressively.

100%. Current system is unnecessarily sluggish. Combat stance should automatically be activated upon weapon draw.

back animations should be disabled while fighting.

Yes. Back should not move when weapon is behind held in hand.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas