Don't hate me now but I just had a brilliant idea :P

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Don't hate me now but I just had a brilliant idea :P

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 03 Sep 2014, 00:11

Like the title says: Don't bash me now but when I was just watching a movie I had a (well I find it) brilliant idea and I was thinking of sharing it with you, devs, and see what you're thinking about it...

I just wondered, if LiF is finished one day, published, goes well and is populated, if you could imagine to bring up a "LiF 2.0" sorta thing in a different time: The great Wild West era! :shock:

I just saw a western movie and that made me realize that the current game concept would also work sooo perfectly with that era... discovering and settling in the Wild West and trying to bring up a town, ranch, etc.

I mean it probably wouldn't even require too many massive changes of the current basic game mechanics, "just" different items, houses, keep current melee but add guns, and such things... the land claim system would work here and could be kept as well as the general diplomacy system (you could have tribes and "federal states" now instead of the guilds and kingdoms). Of course the combat system would have to be overworked. :D

I really believe, as a general idea for when LiF is finished and running and sucessful, this could work and bring you even more success, to have a game for the medieval video game fans as well as the wild west video game fans.

It would rock! Phew, phew, phew! :crazy:
Last edited by Arrakis on 03 Sep 2014, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread moved to the proper section

LordWiese
Alpha Tester

Re: Don't hate me now but I just had a brilliant idea :P

Post by LordWiese » 03 Sep 2014, 04:21

We tried this in a mod for mount and blade warband. Was fully sandbox, everything was made by players. The first batch of players that got a few rifles killed everyone else and made sure no one else built anything.

Then again, this would be a much larger world.

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 03 Sep 2014, 05:34

Could u also plan for LiF 6 to be in era of Starwars? It would be amazing if LiF 10 would be done like, some imaginary fish ppl are trying to conquer Mont Everest and then fight over Tibet!

(if by brilliant u mean asking for a 2nd part of a game that hasnt even got part 1, then your picture, sir, should be by the definition of brilliant in the newest dictionary (possible dictionary 2 of some kind))

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 03 Sep 2014, 06:12

1. There is a special section for suggestions.
2. Posting a thread with a name like "the very best idea" is kind of a bad manner.
3. Any universe can be sandboxed and bring a new level of immersion to the game process. Be it medieval, wild-west, early mediterranean, fantasy, star wars, battletech, or warhammer. Should we count the number of fans of each universe to measure?\

Seriously, it whould be a completely different world. Go play Planet Explorers for example. Full-sandbox sci-fi MMO with energy weapons, vehicles construction e.t.c.
It is rather an offtopic thread to discuss different game univerces to be implemented in a similar to LiF manner.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 03 Sep 2014, 06:46

I'd rather had them do one scenario well rather than a couple of scenarios half baked.

Also about wild west: there are so many shooters out there. Certainly ArmA/DayZ would be more fit to deliver content like this.

MachineMedic
Alpha Tester

Post by MachineMedic » 03 Sep 2014, 18:53

I don't think this is likely to become a reality from Bobik or the dev team as a whole in the future...

However, if any sort of Mod API or other customization ability is included in the LiF:YO releases (or someone cracks the compiled game code), then this would definitely be something interesting to see from any sort of third party modders.

SimLec

Post by SimLec » 20 Sep 2014, 23:20

i would prefer a japan Edo era mod , nothing realy change except all skin ...like pointed hat for farmer , samurai armor katana etc

Kr272014

Post by Kr272014 » 21 Sep 2014, 00:24

I'm still waiting for that one Roman Era that truly is a success.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas