What I would like to see in LiF

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Talendar

What I would like to see in LiF

Post by Talendar » 21 Sep 2014, 20:55

Greetings! I'm a huge fan of Middle Ages. I like studying about it, watching movies, reading books and, of course, playing games related to it. That doesn't make me an expert, but gives me a good understanding of the period. I found out about LiF's project one year ago, and since then I've been dreaming with the release of the game. Today I'm here to share my hopes and desires about it, based on my previous experiences with other games, on my studies and on my imagination. Let's start:

- A interactive and realistic combat system
Examples: Mount&Blade: Warband, Chivalry:Medieval Warfare.
. In many games, the combat system is simply based on targetting the enemy and watching your character attacking it. It's boring. In Mount&Blade, my favourite medieval game so far, you need real skills to win a combat. And I'm not talking about leveling up or something like that, I'm talking about having agillity with your fingers, predicting your enemies' moves, dodging and training. Yes, training. Like in Middle Ages, if you want to be a good warrior you gotta train, practise with your friends and try yourself in the battle field, in order to become an experienced warrior. The combat system should be based on abillities and time spent training, not only in levels.

- Roleplay
Examples: A mod called PW (persistent world) in Mount&Blade
. How can you feel inside the middle ages when there is no middle ages? This period of history has, like any other, it's uniques characteristics. When you take them away, you turn the enviroment less realistic. Anyway, I'm talking about: the Church, the serfdoom, a the oppressive relation between the nobles and the commoners, lieges lords and vassals, etc. If the developers manage to put it inside a Multiplayer game, it will be a revolutionary and absolutelly worth playing game. I know it's not easy, and the multiplayer factor makes it more difficult, but it's not impossible and is worth trying.

- Blood!
Example: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
. Isn't it awesome when, after a hard combat, you cut off your enemy's head? In Chivalry, we can feel it. In the battle scenario you always face rolling heads, pieces of arms and legs, and that's what makes the game nice.

I have many other ideas, but my time now is short and I've already writen too much. Thanks for your attention, and long live LiF!

Bond290
Alpha Tester

Re: What I would like to see in LiF

Post by Bond290 » 23 Sep 2014, 01:26

I agree with all of it, especially the blood HEHEHEHE :evil:

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: What I would like to see in LiF

Post by Siegbert » 23 Sep 2014, 05:57

Good points!

I don't think we will see dismemberment like in Chivalry. Chivalry is quite detached from reality in that aspect as well... You would not be able to cut off the arms or heads of people with a simple sword strike, especially if they're wearing armor.
You could however desecrate their bodies after they're dead. Right now you will turn into a grave stone once you died which I personally don't like. Maybe they'll change it eventually.
In Mortal Online you could collect other players' heads which was quite funny.

Imagine you could plant enemy heads on a spike in front of your village. The hillariosity of it XD

Return to Suggestions and Ideas