So is it possible to make Steel right now?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Krawdad

So is it possible to make Steel right now?

Post by Krawdad » 22 Sep 2014, 23:45

Can someone please confirm the chain of crafting requirements for making steel for me please?

As far as i know you need Flux, which can be made by an Herbalist. Question here is what is the difference between Herbalist Flux and Alchemist Flux, if there is one. Both skills say they allow you to make Flux, so I'm really hoping the Flux from an Herbalist works.

Then to actually forge the steel the wiki says that you need a Bloomery building, and that requires Thin Leather to construct, which is possibly bugged at the moment?

I was a little disappointed that steel was required to make all sorts of wooden structures -- anything that requires a Lock. If the Bloomery can't be made right now though that's an even bigger bummer.

I would try and use the database tool to figure this out, but it won't let me download it.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: So is it possible to make Steel right now?

Post by Siegbert » 23 Sep 2014, 06:01

You can. But I don't know how though.

Luis
Alpha Tester

Post by Luis » 23 Sep 2014, 06:36

I am like 90% shure since flux is doable,
Mortar is doable too.
The only pain in the ass is the leather stuff because of all the skills you need for it. But still i think it should be possible.
Nonetheless i think there might be a bug with it,
I think arrakis said something about a problem with leather.
But we will be ready in like 1 or 2 days.
I will give you a little feedback as soon as i know.

Avarious
Alpha Tester

Post by Avarious » 23 Sep 2014, 18:37

You can get thin leather just not thick right now. To get thin leather you need to be able to slaughter rabbits in a coop then using a drying rack on the fur wait 1 hour take that and put it into a tanning tub wait one hour then BAM you have it. For those that are having problem with the drying rack im not sure what i did with my server but it has been working since late last night but before that i had the same issue.

Krawdad

Post by Krawdad » 23 Sep 2014, 20:35

Ok i guess i will try the drying rack again. I assumed that was where thin leather was coming from but it wasn't working for me, hopefully it is magically fixed...

Krawdad

Post by Krawdad » 23 Sep 2014, 21:41

Still can't get it off the rack. Animal Lore 60, Procuration 60.

Absarn

Post by Absarn » 23 Sep 2014, 23:15

You can make steel bars in the forge and for that you need 2 iron bars and 6 Flux in the forge. Keep in mind you can only do steel bars in the forge atleast what I've discovered so far.

I've been dying to find some leather but no success so far, alot of things is so dependent on leather which is a bummer :/

Return to General Discussion