Feedback after 34 hours of play.

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

MarvinTheEarthling

Feedback after 34 hours of play.

Post by MarvinTheEarthling » 24 Sep 2014, 20:55

I am going to start out by saying that I really like this game. I will not be talking about bugs as I believe that they will be addressed in due time.

My biggest complaint at the moment is the skill system. On a whole it is very robust and serves its purpose well, I even like the idea behind its design. The issue lies in the locking of seemingly simple level 0 skills. As the most blatant example of what the hell, cooking is locked behind animal breeding and tailoring behind cooking.

My suggestion to fix this is to move many of the level 0 skills into general actions, which also gives GA a purpose. I will be continuing for a bit in a list format to save time and space.

- Combine Terra forming and mining into a single skill. There is no logical reason to have 2 skills here.

- Forestry and logging should each be their own skill path not locking any other skills or each other. Cutting hardwood trees should be locked behind metal axes not a skill level.

- Move the Billet and building logs preparation into GA, still giving exp to carpentry. Boards should be first carpentry unlock along with wood hut.

- Add the ability to cook single items to GA.

-Farming and Animal lore should be separate but not lock each other.

- Procuration, which is an extremely dated term and would be better named butcher, should be its own separate skill with tailoring locked behind it, or, combined with it.

Things such as gathering edible plants and building a basic hut should be in general actions. Any basic actions that you would think anyone reasonably intelligent would be able to do should be in GA.

On to other topics, I will use another list just cause I like them.

- Crouching, we need this, that is all.

- Anyone should be allowed to put materials into a construction but not build it. Same with furnaces and the like.

- We need a more robust system for determining the amount of materials in a log. Make them standard, 10 billets/boards or 2 building logs. Have the tree drop however many logs would be needed to make up what they contain.

- Plowed and planted land should not use the texture blending all the other terrain uses. Let the plowed land and crops just be square.

- A primitive torch needs to be added, low light, easy to make, short burn time.

- Container capacity needs to be raised and you need to be able to put raw dirt, rocks, ores, etc in them.

For now that is all I will be updating this thread with more as needed.

Return to Feedback Section