Devs, can you elaborate on Natives?

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Elindor
True Believer

Devs, can you elaborate on Natives?

Post by Elindor » 24 Sep 2014, 16:57

So, someone elsewhere on the forums asked this about NPC mobs:

"Which enemies will the player be able to in-counter?"

To which Arrakis09 replied:

" Animals, in future also enemy natives and npcs in dungeons, which is also feature that is yet to be implemented."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

- QUESTION -

My question to the devs is: Can you guys elaborate on that statement, in terms of what kinds of NPC mobs are planned throughout the world (both in YO and the MMO proper)? Planned either short term and/or long term.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

- SUGGESTION -
(Disclaimer - I am not a PVE'r, I am a PVP'r, but I still think SOME elements of PVE are necessary to flush out a full mmo)

My suggestion would be to (even as a long term goal, for both YO and the MMO) definitely have some basic, and even sporadic/random groups of NPC mobs for the players to deal with as a side event to the main tasks of building up, pvp, and territorial warfare.

HERE IS WHY I THINK SO....

The game systems are GREAT. But there is a content gap between survival, building up, and then pvp/wars. Once a group of players gets a relative handle on survival and builds up a decent defense against random PVP, there then exists a content gap between that and territorial guild warfare. In this gap, players will be mostly just building up resources and equipment and engaging in the occational random PVP occurances. For players who are more fighter minded (not primarily builders/crafters) this time period could become rather boring and monotonous without something to break it up, and this gap will exist permanently because territorial warfare is costly and will not be a source of NIGHTLY engagement for most players.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- HERE IS WHAT I SUGGEST --

I think the wolves are great, I think what I hear about natives so far sounds good as well, and Arrakis's mention of more is intriguing.

*** I WOULD CONTINUE TO ADD RANDOM NPC MOB GROUPS TO THE GAME ***

1 - They need not be static groups that are always there making them reliable easy pickings. Make them appear randomly in random locations so its never "farming" and always something you happen upon while exploring, etc.

2 - Keep it realistic, as is the LiF fashion. Wolves are good. Bears, and other aggressive wildlife are also good options. As far as humanoid mobs that are not overly fantasy, here are a couple thoughts: Natives (planned), bandits, pillagers that show up on shorelines (like vikings), brutes (think cross between a man and an ogre), pygmies (think cross between a man and a goblin), etc etc....doesn't have to be fantastical.

Here's what I am *NOT* suggesting:
- I am NOT suggesting we make PVE a primary part of the game
- I am NOT suggesting we add NPC mobs everywhere that exist in static spawn locations for players to farm
- I am NOT suggesting we add NPC mobs that drop phat lootz
- I am NOT suggesting we break the game style and go into heavy fantasy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I am a PVPer by nature, it is the center of this game. I also LOVE the survival and building up aspects.

However, I do believe that SOME, even RANDOM, NPC mobs are needed ultimately to create a living world in which players have something to engage in during the GAP PERIODS between survival, random pvp occurances, and territorial warfare.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would love to hear plans and thoughts from devs, and thoughts from players.

Keep it civil, I love this game just as much as any of you and want it to succeed. Read the post before you reply and do not reply with something like "this game is for pvp'ers" or "well this just isnt your game" or something like that because it means you didn't really read the post.

Elindor
True Believer

Re: Devs, can you elaborate on Natives?

Post by Elindor » 25 Sep 2014, 14:15

Nothing? :(

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 25 Sep 2014, 14:36

It's too soon to talk about details right now, these features are very far down on the list to do. We will inform you if there will be any more info regarding this matter.

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 25 Sep 2014, 15:02

Thanks for your response. I look forward to learning more about these features as time goes on.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas