Holding Jousting Tournements

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Llandy

Holding Jousting Tournements

Post by Llandy » 26 Sep 2014, 22:38

Hi guys before i go off on my idea tangent i want to tell the LiF team the work you have done thus far has been incredible, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game and I'm just as passionate about it as you (at least id like to think so)

The idea that ive had is being able to hold a tournment. (before i continue i have zero gaming design experience so please note that i have no idea how hard/easy it would be to implement)

Essentially there will be 3 events that will be held

1) The joust: Rules follow typical medieval times. 1 point for a successful hit, and an automatic victory for knocking opponent off horse with the person claiming the horse for knocking off the opponent (I realise that damage and alignment may be effected so i was thinking maybe have an "instance" type environment where once player enter the tournament all dmg is blunt thus no death which wont effect alignment during the tournament), way of winning would be an elimination style event (kind of like NHL playoffs) you win and advance you lose and your out (but able to salvage some pride by competing with other losing opponents) The stats that would come into play are your skills in horsemanship (or horsewomanship) maybe the development in a lance style weapon for combat (not just for the joust but combat in general) agility for joust control (possiblity implement a minigame for the accuracy of a hit) and strength for the dmg of a hit, all 3 of the skills combined would provide success of hit and how much dmg would be delivered and the accuracy of where (ie headshot, arm shot, torso etc) however all "injuries sustained" during their fight carry over into the next round (this way only the battle-hardened warriors win) however bringing a healer to assist in injuries to reduce their effect on the player)

2) Archery: Aside from the obvious whoever hits the bulls eye wins i was thinking an elimination type environment (with each participants arrow belonging to the shooter for easy identification) just for added difficulty possibly add in a wind factor depending on weather

3) Sword: Like the other 2 games previous an elimination style environment where the winner wins by knock out, however all "injuries sustained" during their fight carry over into the next round (this way only the battle-hardened warriors win) however bringing a healer to assist in injuries to reduce their effect on the player, just like the joust)

I should of course state that all weapons/armour and horses are to be brought by the participant, this way the quality of the items come into play.

In terms of how to actually hold the tournament the ability to build all the required items are already implemented in game ie Wooden fence to separate the joust and maybe the use of a practice dummy as a target for archery and fencing off an area for the sword event (maybe 5x5 ) Possibly the development crew can think of rewards for the "guilds" that put the effort in to building the facilities, i was thinking that GM's could provide building materials for end game castles or weapons of higher quality. As for winners of the tournament maybe titles that can only be earnt through winning each event ie Master Jouster, Master Archer, or Robin Hood lookalike (c'mon titles are supposed to be fun arnt they?) Master Swordsman/woman.

Well im sure that the LiF community would be able to take this idea and run with it and suggest additional ideas that i wouldnt have thought of. More importantly i hope this sparks the interest of the development team and possibly expand on this idea.

Thanks for the taking the time to read, looking forward to seeing if this generates any excitment!! :beer:

Llandy

Re: Holding Jousting Tournements

Post by Llandy » 27 Sep 2014, 00:24

LOL just read the FAQ disregard or delete this post if you want

Return to Suggestions and Ideas