GM Mode - BLOCK / KICK / BAN USER - We need It

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Do you want a kick/ban player in the server?

Poll ended at 07 Oct 2014, 15:46

YES
67%
NO
33%

Total votes : 3

Doctormort

GM Mode - BLOCK / KICK / BAN USER - We need It

Post by Doctormort » 27 Sep 2014, 15:46

Hello,

My server is dedicated and is mainly focused in the Brazilian users.

Presently we have a population of about 30 players at any time. But the relative success seem to have created some jealousy from other admins, since we are suffering many attacks from players who are logged in and doing nothing except create commands to overload the server (and RED errors in the server side).

I tried many things, like changing the char number in the database and linking to my ID, so the user wouldnt be able to use the char, but nothing is helping.

Therefore I guess the only viable way would have an official manner to "boot"/"kick" someone from the server and ban, whithout having to restart the server.

I hope this could be made as soon as possible.

GrimmLiberty

Re: GM Mode - BLOCK / KICK / BAN USER - We need It

Post by GrimmLiberty » 27 Sep 2014, 16:01

Doctormort wrote:Hello,

My server is dedicated and is mainly focused in the Brazilian users.

Presently we have a population of about 30 players at any time. But the relative success seem to have created some jealousy from other admins, since we are suffering many attacks from players who are logged in and doing nothing except create commands to overload the server (and RED errors in the server side).

I tried many things, like changing the char number in the database and linking to my ID, so the user wouldnt be able to use the char, but nothing is helping.

Therefore I guess the only viable way would have an official manner to "boot"/"kick" someone from the server and ban, whithout having to restart the server.

I hope this could be made as soon as possible.

Ok, if you log into the DB, then go to the Account section and Uncheck isActive for the account you never want to see in game again, you'll be all set.
(You are done with them unless they buy another account.)
Last edited by GrimmLiberty on 27 Sep 2014, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

Doctormort

Post by Doctormort » 27 Sep 2014, 16:06

Hi,

Well, I just did that. And it crashed the server.

Now I'm putting it back online.

Thanks for the sugestion. But I think there should be a "GM Command" for doing so, instead of tweeking the database tables.

Specially because not everyone cand do that, and bad things can happen in the misuse of the database.

GrimmLiberty

Post by GrimmLiberty » 27 Sep 2014, 16:11

Doctormort wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the sugestion. But I think there should be a "GM Command" for doing so, instead of tweeking the database tables.

Specially because not everyone cand do that, and bad things can happen in the misuse of the database.

hmm, ok, I've never had it crash out. Sorry to hear that it caused issues on your server.

But you know, any Ban Function in game will JUST DO THAT... change the account in the db to isActive=0....

Now, Maybe we do need a Kick as well... but Banning works better for me. I don't give second chances.

Doctormort

Post by Doctormort » 27 Sep 2014, 16:18

GrimmLiberty wrote:
Doctormort wrote:Hi,

hmm, ok, I've never had it crash out. Sorry to hear that it caused issues on your server.

But you know, any Ban Function in game will JUST DO THAT... change the account in the db to isActive=0....

Now, Maybe we do need a Kick as well... but Banning works better for me. I don't give second chances.

You are absolutelly right. But having a kick with a prior warning should be something to consider. And having in the database how many times the person was kicked. Its a standard in the game server industry.

In my case, I banned because, somehow, a player was creating a LOT of red messages in my server, lagging it. So I concluded it was being made on purpose to crash/lag the server.

Unhapilly the server went down right after i changed the "isactive" like you said.

Hope they could change it in the future.

A good IDEA would be using the recently created USERS icon in the MENU to add information about the kicks the player received, and even if he is a criminal or not.

GrimmLiberty

Post by GrimmLiberty » 27 Sep 2014, 16:31

DOH, what i get for not reading the patch notes from today.... LOL

"You can observe players in your world via Esc -> Players menu. GMs can kick and ban players via that menu"

Llandy

Post by Llandy » 27 Sep 2014, 16:35

hehe at least you know that the dev team sees the same issues that players do, then fixes them before we can post it :-P

Doctormort

Post by Doctormort » 27 Sep 2014, 16:39

GrimmLiberty wrote:DOH, what i get for not reading the patch notes from today.... LOL

"You can observe players in your world via Esc -> Players menu. GMs can kick and ban players via that menu"

Hi thats nice.

Doctormort

Post by Doctormort » 27 Sep 2014, 16:41

The only remaining point is that such system only allows to kick/ ban players online.

For instance, if someone do something against the server rules and go offline, that menu wouldnt be of much help.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas