Real world dangers. Risk, reward and exploration

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Finvy

Real world dangers. Risk, reward and exploration

Post by Finvy » 29 Sep 2014, 12:08

I haven't purchased the game yet and I have skimmed the forums so forgive me I am repeating anything that has already been suggested or implemented.

1 - There should be risk and reward to wandering the woods alone.
Packs of wolves, wild dogs and wild boar that will attack you on sight for wandering into their territory.

2 - Incentives to explore the environment such as finding areas of interest (ruins etc). Bandit camps / caves that you can explore and scavenge if you are able to defeat them. These areas would vary in difficulty with some requiring help from friends.
This exploration would tie in with the hunger system in that you need to be prepared for how far you intend to travel before you starve.
Set a distance and time limit for how long you leave your hold-fast before it begins to decay and becomes abandoned.

3 - Exploration could be tied into the skill system as pathfinding for example where your field of vision / tracking / movement speed are increased. There could be a cartography skill for creating maps that you can trade with others that would indicate player / npc made villages, open mines etc.

Any criticism here is welcome.

I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Thanks,

Finvy.

Kaltivel

Re: Real world dangers. Risk, reward and exploration

Post by Kaltivel » 29 Sep 2014, 12:50

Wolves can kill you in literally 4 seconds so I don't think a pack of wolves is a good idea until wolves are actually balanced. :pardon:

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 29 Sep 2014, 17:25

They are actually pretty easy to kill once you got a good weapon, some armor and ranged weapon

Kaltivel

Post by Kaltivel » 29 Sep 2014, 17:40

I have armor and a flamberge and they still kill me way too fast. Lol.

Apep

Post by Apep » 30 Sep 2014, 09:11

Maybe with cartography in the game you can make in-game maps via exploring?

Return to Suggestions and Ideas