Sever not launching

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Spook811

Sever not launching

Post by Spook811 » 21 Sep 2014, 19:53

Hi All,

So was playing the game with my mate yesterday, both on the server the the game made when I created a world. However today, when I go to launch it, the server doesn't start up. It just says 'Loading Server...', the game doesn't tab out to launch the server like it did yesterday and after about 5 minutes it tells me it 'Can't connect to local server'.

I've tried verifying my cache on steam, tried re-installing and nothing. Looked around online and found no information. I can join other servers but me and my mates just want to play on our own, and the others don't have a good internet connection to host.

All in all, why cant I run the server when I create a world and how can I fix this?

Thanks,
Spook811

Valdeepl
Alpha Tester

Re: Sever not launching

Post by Valdeepl » 21 Sep 2014, 22:08

Spook811 wrote:Hi All,

So was playing the game with my mate yesterday, both on the server the the game made when I created a world. However today, when I go to launch it, the server doesn't start up. It just says 'Loading Server...', the game doesn't tab out to launch the server like it did yesterday and after about 5 minutes it tells me it 'Can't connect to local server'.

I've tried verifying my cache on steam, tried re-installing and nothing. Looked around online and found no information. I can join other servers but me and my mates just want to play on our own, and the others don't have a good internet connection to host.

All in all, why cant I run the server when I create a world and how can I fix this?

Thanks,
Spook811

sometimes a fire wall or antivirus will block a local port, try disabling all and relaunch, not sure if changing local port address will help

Bigtaff

Post by Bigtaff » 22 Sep 2014, 00:28

I'm having a similar issue. Although I can't even get the game to launch before it crashes. Disabled anti-virus and firewall, disconnected headset (for what good not really sure) and still every world I try and join it crashes.
Bought the game Friday, still haven't managed to get 1 second of actual game play. Starting to get just a wee bit frustrated

Bigtaff

Post by Bigtaff » 22 Sep 2014, 01:42

Well just an un-install -reinstall and seems all is well

Spook811

Post by Spook811 » 22 Sep 2014, 12:51

Ok, i'll have a look at the firewall, but that shouldn't be stopping the server program from launching right?

I've tried un-installing and re-installing 3 times... That doesn't work.

But yea i'm a little frustrated at not being able to play, I get that it's an Alpha and these issues are to be expected, but it wasn't exactly cheap to purchase in the first place...

Thanks and any other suggestion are welcome, let's get this working!

EDIT: Was enabled in the firewall... so it's not that causing the problem.

EDIT: Downloaded the Microsoft C++ thing here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... ?id=30679# But still no luck...

Wenyong

Post by Wenyong » 29 Sep 2014, 14:24

I've been having a similar problem since Sept. 27th. The 26th I did not have an issue. However, I do not receive the cannot connect to local server message. Instead I click 'start' and nothing happens. Now I did verify caches on Steam and it said there were 5 corrupted files but still it did not work even when there were 0. Hope someone can figure this out.

WDMeaun

Post by WDMeaun » 29 Sep 2014, 14:33

Do you have any kind of error messages from the dedicated server? (or are you launching 'create a game' inside the game?)

It might keep log files by default.. if so.. check your Steam app folder, go to LiF.. and check for a logs/ directory. (Im quessing that creating a new game within the game, still logs)

Housemite
Beta Tester

Post by Housemite » 29 Sep 2014, 17:55

Could this Issue be linked to those who are afflicted with the other current logging in problem of people having to wait 10 mins + to connect to a server???

Radical

Post by Radical » 29 Sep 2014, 19:40

Exact issue i had, got a feeling its to do with new GM commands, be careful when using them, only fix so far has been a server wipe...

Radical

Post by Radical » 29 Sep 2014, 19:41

Be sure to report this issue here as i started it a while ago.

https://lifeisfeudal.com/mantis/view.php?id=1004

Akwallis

Post by Akwallis » 30 Sep 2014, 19:21

Want a stable server? Iron Moose welcomes you to Vulneratus Non Victus [Dedicated RP-PVP Dallas #1] server where we have helped many learn the game and bartered goods for services and items. Feel free to watch us at http://www.twitch.tv/rakarthlink.

Return to Newcomer Section