some agronomy and alchemy ideas - !!!warning!!! huge list

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Honzadr

some agronomy and alchemy ideas - !!!warning!!! huge list

Post by Honzadr » 24 Jun 2014, 18:08

you have to feed your animals:
you can keep your cows, hares, pigs and horses inside building but you have to give them food and water manually(intensive), or you can keep them in fence(extensive)-that will change properties of their children

horse outside>strong-better for dragging carriages and logs
horse inside>fast-good for battle and fast transportation
(before Napoleon wars it was discovered that you can extract lead from horse manure, but i don´t know what we could use it for)

cows outside>more meat
cows inside>more milk

hares outside>more meat
hares inside>quantity(more BABYZ)

sheep outside>more wool
sheep inside>more meat

pigs inside>more fat
pigs outside>more bacon

you have to feed chicken with wheat every time
chicken outside>more meat
chicken inside>more eggs
if you don´´t feed your animals,they will stop growing and producing and die if you didn´t fed them for long time, the same thing with water
all animals need water:
-build water collectors(catch rainwater)
-or use bucket and carry water where you need
-or build their fence around pond, or other natural water sources
food byproducts:
apples >core
venison>bone
vegetables>green parts etc.
lets say you are cooking venison stew with carrots, you can´t put bone in it, so after each cooking there will be byproducts left- carrot leaves+deer bone
bones can be used for bone glue(already in)
you can build compost and then put those things into it and it will create fertile soil over time(faster growing plants)
or you gather manure that your animals created and put it on compost, or you can use leaves from trees
if you use water on compost, or after strong rain it will give you nitre
usage of nitre: http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/offensive-alchemy-t1347
spoiling food:
food spoil overtime
some fast-meat, apples, pears, cabbage/lettuce, pumpkin
some slowly-root vegetables,potatoes,cooked/grilled meat
some almost don´t-garlic,onion,jerky(dried meat),nuts,*guinea fowl egg(in real life they last for 6-7 months, but are much smaller)
and some don´t at all- honey
giving your animals good stuff:
you already choosed extensive or intensive care for your animals
but if you give them something more yummy, they will repay you for it
some things work better than others, some will not be eaten at all, and some can harm, if given to wrong animal ;)
examples:
pigs+ancorns>more bacon
pigs+potatoes>more fat
chicken+too much wheat>no eggs
chicken+egg shells>more eggs
pigs+egg shells>no reaction+egg shells
pigs+carrot leaves>pig is not feeling very good>slower growing
etc.
tools:
sickle>faster grass gathering
scythe>almost instant grass gathering, but if you are gathering grass on tile with stones it can break
predators:
fox: animal that can kill chicken and hares if they are kept outside, or if you left doors opened. Fox is scared of humans.
wolf:can kill every domesticated animal, attacks in groups, they are not scared of humans only if they are hungry.(tamable)
marten:can get on hares or chicken even if you closed doors,eats eggs and leaves egg shells
bear:kills everything, not scared of people, but it is scared by wolfs
snakes:they eat rodents,can be trapped in boxes, you can extract poison from them
cats:they hunt down rodents,they don´t go far from houses,if they have nothing to hunt they "play" with chickens and other birds
*guinea fowl: scares rodents away,obtainable only in main city,can be killed only by martens(foxes can´t climb), it needs something high(trees,roofs,street lanterns),they hide their eggs,they often escape
rodents:
if players leave organic material on ground it will spoil and create rotten bits, this will attract rats and mice
if you think that its easy to collect it, it can cause infection, or even plague
rats will spread plague around city,you can trap them in boxes and release them in enemy cities
mice eat food left in chests or on ground
vole: harms root vegetables
hamster:harms wheat plants
plague:creates buboes that can burst during hard work or combat, leaving bleeding wound afterwards. whole process repeats until player dies or is cured

cure:
alchemist/healer must combine silver with water to regain hardHP(wound disinfection) and use bandage (matricaria chamomilla could also be useful(weak antibiotic))
alchemist must make garlic essence(natural antibiotic)

other medicaments:
cup of boiled pine needles(vitamin C) prevention from minor diseases
boiled matricaria chamomilla cure for minor diseases
acidum acetylsalicylicum- extracted from willow bark by alchemists (cure for worse diseases)
Bees-there are two types calm&aggressive
if you want to get honey from aggressive bees you will have to use smoke, to calm them down
wild bees are always aggressive
some flowers that are growing around can turn bees aggressive(like white poppy(what a paradox :) ))
bear moving nearby can also turn them aggressive
rats can kill whole hive
complicated flour+new recipy
if you want to get wheat seeds you have to put wheat on ground and flail it, then get it back and you will receive: hay+wheat seeds.
-sauerkraut(fermented cabbage) if you fill up the barrel with cabbage, onions, salt (and horseradish) and let it spoil in it, but instead of creating rotting mass it will combine into fermented cabbage and this thing will last for very long(9-12 months in real life)
granary/storages
placeables:
-log pile=created when you put more logs on one tile(more wood on one place)
and bonus cooking recipe
-big bag"smallest placeabe container, but you need just fibres to craft it"
-evil barrels"BARRELS?!!!"(it destroys all items you put in it)
buildings:
-stone granary"store all your food here, it´s rodent proof"(very big storage capacity and food doesn´t spoil so fast in it)
-box on stilts"now rodents won´t get to your food reserves"
Last edited by Honzadr on 30 Jun 2014, 12:09, edited 6 times in total.

Grimfest

Re: some agronomy ideas - !!!warning!!! huge list

Post by Grimfest » 24 Jun 2014, 19:53

I have one question.. Can I destroy your fence and release the victims back to there natural habitat?

Honzadr

Re: some agronomy ideas - !!!warning!!! huge list

Post by Honzadr » 24 Jun 2014, 20:33

Grimfest wrote:I have one question.. Can I destroy your fence and release the victims back to there natural habitat?

can i spread rodents around your house?
Last edited by Honzadr on 25 Jun 2014, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.

Grimfest

Re: some agronomy and alchemy ideas - !!!warning!!! huge lis

Post by Grimfest » 24 Jun 2014, 20:39

are rodents in the game?

Honzadr

Post by Honzadr » 25 Jun 2014, 07:27

Grimfest wrote:are rodents in the game?

According to wiki, no.
But i expanded my list :D

Blackwind37

Post by Blackwind37 » 28 Jun 2014, 01:42

Honz must have some kind of science (medical?) degree. And if you know some programming, offer your services to the team, sir!!

Honzadr

Post by Honzadr » 28 Jun 2014, 07:08

Blackwind37 wrote:Honz must have some kind of science (medical?) degree. And if you know some programming, offer your services to the team, sir!!

i read a lot, A LOT. And what i can´t learn from books i learn from my father or grand father+wikipedia ;) that´s all
unfortunately i´m currently studying programming, so this is only way i can help to improve this awesome game, that has so much potential

Wolfboycw
Alpha Tester

Post by Wolfboycw » 08 Jul 2014, 14:53

I like these ideas but I like complicated things I think for the average player it might be a bit much.

Honzadr

Post by Honzadr » 08 Jul 2014, 19:11

Wolfboycw wrote:I like these ideas but I like complicated things I think for the average player it might be a bit much.

i got more ideas, but i think they need new thread :D

GIJhen

Post by GIJhen » 30 Sep 2014, 22:05

how do you place your chickens/pigs outside?

Clyz0r

Post by Clyz0r » 01 Oct 2014, 12:52

It's easy to have lots of ideas for something like this. I have a stack myself, as do many others no doubt. I quite like the idea of things being more intricate, some won't.

You mention flailing wheat for the seed, that is called threshing and yes I'd like to see that done as well, also for flax, barley, oats, rye and peas which were also threshed, what remained was fed to animals or used in various crafts such as straw-platting, thatching, basketry etc.

Pigs were taken in to the woods for fattening up before slaughter. I guess if you wanted to take the risk of herding your piggies about for a certain amount of time for some wild foraging you'd get a little more meat from each one. It's a risk though, someone might come along and steal them from you/kill you and them. Could be fun! :)

Another thing that comes to mind right now is rush lights and tallow lamps, using rendered animal fats for basic lighting by dipping dried and stripped rushes in to the fat and lighting it or creating a little clay or stone lamp and wick in which you pour some rendered fat in (tallow) and light it. Animal fat lighting is inferior to beeswax candles of course (and it seriously stinks something terrible). It would be primitive lighting. There are some plants that give a natural wax to for candles, but that would be going too far in to it, even for me.

I wouldn't mind food being hard to come by in winter and for the first part of spring, requiring you to learn how to store and preserve food for the harder months (and another excuse for thieves to go about ransacking the place). For me I'd like to see all food only last a certain amount of time, depending on how you store it. There were silos of course and also ones sunken in to the ground. Smoking/salting meats, pickling vegetables, storing the last of the fruits for the year in the rooftops, preserving milk as hard cheese...all sorts of interesting stuff was going on just to survive back then. While I'd like an intricate game full of all these little concerns, others wouldn't. Hoping there will be a nice balance eventually.

So many possibilities...it's fun to imagine. :) (and way too easy to get rambling on about it, whoops!)

Return to Suggestions and Ideas