Persistent characters

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Monxer

Persistent characters

Post by Monxer » 01 Oct 2014, 16:26

I'm not sure of the current combat logging preventive measures, but this is something that I have been a fan of.

No game ive played until Rust really had this. This would make structures and buildings more essential too seeing how you actually need shelter to survive to a degree.

MrHouse93

Re: Persistent characters

Post by MrHouse93 » 01 Oct 2014, 17:19

Imho characters persistance after logout is a really bad idea. I played Rust and every time i logged out i felt scared of losing everything.
Adding this feature will cause a huge loss of players, i think.

Viik

Post by Viik » 01 Oct 2014, 17:27

What is the benefit of such system to anyone except a bored solo player who doesn't have balls to raid house when owner is online?

Vadio

Post by Vadio » 01 Oct 2014, 20:28

Realism

to me i /agree
but i know alot people dont like its why i suggest put on/off in server option to this

Rhinosaurus

Post by Rhinosaurus » 01 Oct 2014, 20:36

Horribad idea in my opinion. I don't always have time to run to safety to log out. Never mind how long it takes to actually build such a spot from the start. Not everyone is going to have time to grind out a house with a door before logging off the first time. They shouldn't be penalized for that with death.

Shu

Post by Shu » 01 Oct 2014, 21:09

Really terrible idea. Any serious progress, especially made by people that need to work in RL for their money and cannot waste their life 24/7 online, would constantly be crushed by a hand full of hotshots that "afk" raid the nights. Every. Night.

I could be convinced if there was some kind of automatic policing, so that people doing this have a random (and not too low) chance of being caught and put into a prison. Their prison time should only be counted if online and not AFK, and characters should be pretty much useless during this time.
That way a severe enough penalty is put on such behavior. Just like in real life, because you know, realism is cool and why this feature should be in in the first place. That should make players think thrice about actually going through with this.
It should also only be implemented in MMO, because that will only function if making another, not yet imprisoned char would cost you actual money.

Then, and ONLY then could I be convinced that this is a reasonable mechanic. Because if you take pleasure from behaving dickish, you also should be required to experience the full boredom of resulting repercussions. (And these cannot be provided by players only, way too unreliable.) Also: No bribing system to buy yourself out. Want to be an ass? Make ready to be treated as one.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas