Walls are useless.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Rgcdragon

Walls are useless.

Post by Rgcdragon » 02 Oct 2014, 21:30

I've been playing this game for 60+ hours and finally got walls. So my friend put up a flax field within these walls and logged off. In the morning when we logged on all our flax was gone and while we were searching we noticed a log staircase over our wall. As infuriating as this may be it needs to be fixed because whats the point of building walls if people can just grief over them?

I think a way that this could be fixed is so that we cant jump on top of logs. Regardless I hope the devs come up with a fix for this.

Mortimer

Re: Walls are useless.

Post by Mortimer » 02 Oct 2014, 21:32

Log staircases are being fixed with the next patch.

StormCorpsFinest

Post by StormCorpsFinest » 02 Oct 2014, 21:33

This game heavily puts emphasis on playing with a large group. If you don't want your stuff looted on a public server, you need a designated guard to patrol your walls and warehouses.

There is nothing wrong here. Back in the medieval ages they built ladders out of the materials around them.

Although the logs are unintended, it still makes sense in some regard. Just don't get mad when siege engines come into play, these will be used against your castles and houses
Sanctuary Republic | Dedicated Blacksmith | 100 Ugly Gamers

Rgcdragon

Post by Rgcdragon » 02 Oct 2014, 21:51

I was simply stating that people shouldn't be able to make staircases made from logs that magically float in the air to get over your walls. Siege weaponry I have no problem with but that is not implemented yet.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 02 Oct 2014, 21:53

Rgcdragon wrote:I was simply stating that people shouldn't be able to make staircases made from logs that magically float in the air to get over your walls. Siege weaponry I have no problem with but that is not implemented yet.

As it was said, it should be fixed in upcoming patch and there will be no more log climbing. :crazy:

StormCorpsFinest

Post by StormCorpsFinest » 02 Oct 2014, 21:55

Arrakis09 wrote:
Rgcdragon wrote:I was simply stating that people shouldn't be able to make staircases made from logs that magically float in the air to get over your walls. Siege weaponry I have no problem with but that is not implemented yet.

As it was said, it should be fixed in upcoming patch and there will be no more log climbing. :crazy:

What about the 4 meter jump in the air via the 'charge' ability? That's something that should be addressed as well.

With that said, now there will seem to be no way to get around walls. Hopefully siege engines will find their way into the game soon.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 02 Oct 2014, 21:57

StormCorpsFinest wrote:What about the 4 meter jump in the air via the 'charge' ability? That's something that should be addressed as well.

With that said, now there will seem to be no way to get around walls. Hopefully siege engines will find their way into the game soon.

Was this issue reported on mantis?

StormCorpsFinest

Post by StormCorpsFinest » 02 Oct 2014, 21:59

Arrakis09 wrote:
StormCorpsFinest wrote:What about the 4 meter jump in the air via the 'charge' ability? That's something that should be addressed as well.

Was this issue reported on mantis?

Not that I'm aware of. I will report it myself tonight, though - if it hasn't.

It's really not that pressing of an issue for the taller stone walls, but if you angle it right, you can clearly Olympic jump over the wooden ones.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 02 Oct 2014, 23:08

Please do report it, this issue may be eventually an alternative for griefers to get trough the walls and it should be fixed.

IzznO
True Believer

Post by IzznO » 02 Oct 2014, 23:21

Arrakis09 wrote:Please do report it, this issue may be eventually an alternative for griefers to get trough the walls and it should be fixed.

Really wierd if it hasent been reported there allready, as more and more ppl are complaining about it. You can even read it in the OP of the how to be a better bandit post where he openly tells you to use this explploit ^^

Jjmc00

Post by Jjmc00 » 02 Oct 2014, 23:27

Just make a curtain wall around your main wall. Bam. They can get over that one, but not over the next with beta ladders

Rx25

Post by Rx25 » 02 Oct 2014, 23:30

Arrakis09 wrote:Please do report it, this issue may be eventually an alternative for griefers to get trough the walls and it should be fixed.

What about the exploit via spawning and going over the wall like that?

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 02 Oct 2014, 23:38

IzznO wrote:

Really wierd if it hasent been reported there allready, as more and more ppl are complaining about it. You can even read it in the OP of the how to be a better bandit post where he openly tells you to use this explploit ^^

HA CHA CHA CHAAAAA
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 02 Oct 2014, 23:39

If you do not have a patrol, your loot is at risk. There are guard towers in this game for a reason.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 02 Oct 2014, 23:44

Rx25 wrote:

What about the exploit via spawning and going over the wall like that?

I already banned two people from my server for doing that. Sadly I can't be around everywhere at all times to police this.
Pioneer LiF:YO modder
Author of Life is Balanced
My Modding Guide

Rgcdragon

Post by Rgcdragon » 03 Oct 2014, 01:07

We do patrol the walls but we can't be on every minute of the day. I even go out with my royal fullplate and my flamberge and kill those whom steal from us.

But thanks for the secondary wall tip it works so ill describe what to do.

if you have a main wall build another wall around it and between those walls cut down all the trees and remove any logs there.

Now what you want to do is dig a very deep and wide moat i guess without water deep enough so that they can't super jump over it.
Thus no more wall griefing.

Also another tip to leaving and entering your village without opening the gate is to bind to your house then jump over the walls to get out and pray to get back inside. Remember to claim the gates every 24 hours and keep them closed.

This may seem like a lot of work but it seems this is the only way to do it atm if you cant be on at all hours of the day.

Godcomplex

Post by Godcomplex » 03 Oct 2014, 02:30

The charge bug has been reported on mantis

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 03 Oct 2014, 02:46

Rgcdragon wrote:We do patrol the walls but we can't be on every minute of the day. I even go out with my royal fullplate and my flamberge and kill those whom steal from us.

But thanks for the secondary wall tip it works so ill describe what to do.

if you have a main wall build another wall around it and between those walls cut down all the trees and remove any logs there.

Now what you want to do is dig a very deep and wide moat i guess without water deep enough so that they can't super jump over it.
Thus no more wall griefing.

Also another tip to leaving and entering your village without opening the gate is to bind to your house then jump over the walls to get out and pray to get back inside. Remember to claim the gates every 24 hours and keep them closed.

This may seem like a lot of work but it seems this is the only way to do it atm if you cant be on at all hours of the day.

I respect this post. These are the people that are enjoyable to play against. Instead of crying like a baby they figure out a solution which forces the burden of creativity back on the bandit.
—Ishamael

Uno

Post by Uno » 03 Oct 2014, 08:14

I disrespect people calling "crybabies" those who report bugs and exploits. The aim of this early access is to make the game mechanics better, not to prove you are the l33t player. You'll have time for that after the release.

Return to General Discussion