Need some advice on GPU.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Falkek

Need some advice on GPU.

Post by Falkek » 03 Oct 2014, 12:45

Hello there! So my question is pretty basic and simple, I hope. Right now I'm playing LiF with quite low FPS, I know and realize optimization is still to be done and is quite some time away. However I was thinking about getting a new GPU, I was already planning to do this before I even heard about LiF, but now it seems like this game is on the top of my list and is pretty much the only game I play with some other games I play every now and then. So obviously I want to buy a GPU with this game in mind, but I've seen many posts already about terrible FPS and whatnot, I was thinking about something affordable like a 760 or 770 but people with those cards seem to have the same problem.
So what it comes down to is my questions: Is it worth buying a GPU right now with this game in mind and do I even really need to upgrade my GPU to be able to play this game smoothly? And what GPU would be recommended with this game?

i5 4670k @ 3.4Ghz
MSI 650 Ti 1GB
8GB RAM

Rarp

Re: Need some advice on GPU.

Post by Rarp » 03 Oct 2014, 13:47

The geforce 9xx cards just came out, wait for the mid tier cards to come out and snag one of those. Or get a 7xx for a deal because they just dropped their prices.
ImagejoinToRemoteServer("lif.nightswatch.ca:28000","")
The Night's Watch is recruiting!
Web based skill calculator

Falkek

Re: Need some advice on GPU.

Post by Falkek » 03 Oct 2014, 14:09

Thanks, that's some good advice ^^,

Return to General Discussion