WHY??? WHAT THE HECK!!

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

TelosAugus

WHY??? WHAT THE HECK!!

Post by TelosAugus » 26 Sep 2014, 21:29

This game honestly seems to be getting worse and worse and worse for me.

I cant even get past "waiting for server" and now after reinstalling I CANT EVEN EXIT THE GAME??? This stupid screen and music is stuck playing on my computer, I cant exit steam either...the only option is BACK, which of course doesnt work.

I dont know why I wasted $40 on this, since I havent even been able to play it one f#&^ing time.

Ordell

Re: WHY??? WHAT THE HECK!!

Post by Ordell » 26 Sep 2014, 21:35

i would suggest anger management dude.

Chassit

Post by Chassit » 26 Sep 2014, 21:36

Ordell has a good idea, you may want to do a web search for "alpha test" while you are at it.
SKULLS FOR THE THRONE OF KHORNE!!!

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 26 Sep 2014, 21:39

First of all, I understand your frustration but such aggresive attitude is not necessary.

Second thing, we are very sorry that you have problems with our game, but I assure you that dev team is working hard to create patches fixing all the bugs that makes game unplayable, most of them based on player reports on mantis bugtracker, that is helping to find the bugs and cause of crashes.

Last thing, and probably most important.
“DO NOT BUY this game unless you want to support the development of something really new and original in the sandbox genre. You will encounter bugs along with various other issues in playtesting. This is Early Access Alpha and your support, understanding and becoming involved with the development process will be something remembered as we move on towards the Beta stage and then on to the final Release version.

So now that you have decided to purchase access to early access of our game we ask you for patience and understanding, work is hard enough now that team is still undermanned and under heavy pressure.

I suggest you to reinstall the game, if that won't work report on mantis bugtracker is the only option, and then waiting to get this resolved.

Also as forum administrator I strongly suggest to behave properly.

TelosAugus

Post by TelosAugus » 26 Sep 2014, 22:10

I understand its an alpha game, and the only way i meant to come across as angry was with the refund bit, I use caps to try to convey messages that seem important to me....I just dont understand why I am the only one having these issues, and no one knows how to resolve...

TelosAugus

Post by TelosAugus » 26 Sep 2014, 22:11

I did a complete wipe and reinstall already, but its getting me even less closer to playable than the issues I was having before..

TelosAugus

Post by TelosAugus » 26 Sep 2014, 22:14

As soon as i try booting up the game I am getting 'crash reports' and I cant understand why...

crashdump.dmp
crashrpt.xml

GrimmLiberty

Post by GrimmLiberty » 26 Sep 2014, 22:18

TelosAugus wrote:As soon as i try booting up the game I am getting 'crash reports' and I cant understand why...

crashdump.dmp
crashrpt.xml

Make sure you are going into the common folder for steam and deleting the Life is Feudal Your Own folder and it's files left behind after uninstalling the game... they are not all wiped and it WILL cause you issues, especially on 32 bit OS.

Ordell

Post by Ordell » 26 Sep 2014, 22:19

Maybe you should provide infos about your computer, install new pilots, close most of your apps, that would certainly help.

Chassit

Post by Chassit » 26 Sep 2014, 22:29

It may be worth updating your sound and video drivers as well...
SKULLS FOR THE THRONE OF KHORNE!!!

EdgarDegas

Post by EdgarDegas » 03 Oct 2014, 11:53

I have the same problem. Game works for a minute, than crashes down. Reinstallation didn't work, even after driver installation. Don't know what to do...

Toccs

Post by Toccs » 03 Oct 2014, 12:50

Guys if you're crashing or unable to play it would be useful if you could give us the error logs.

Unless that is done there is not much anyone can do.

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 03 Oct 2014, 13:18

TelosAugus wrote:... I cant even get past "waiting for server" and now after reinstalling ...

TelosAugus wrote:I did a complete wipe and reinstall already, but its getting me even less closer to playable than the issues I was having before..

Sound like a server problem to me, would explain why you reinstalling doesn't help.

Have you tired another server?
The Foxtail empire successfully defended against the evil space ponies!
Read all about it: Second Invasion of Rævehjerte Repelled

- Shores of Hazeron

WDMeaun

Post by WDMeaun » 03 Oct 2014, 14:05

I would like to point out that you didnt waste your 40$, but that the initial start might be a bit bumpy.

What I've done..
Looked up a populated server and noted down the IP. (by using '~' console).
Saved the joinToRemoteServer("IP:PORT","PASSWORD") command to a file.

Every time I want to play.. I use the task manager to delete any running LiF task (it takes a while for the client to shutdown, even when succesfully exiting the game).
Start the game and just join the server by using the console "~" and the saved command.

I found out that the game 'freezes' quite often, although I believe it is actually still running, but the splashscreen gets stuck.

Sugam

Post by Sugam » 03 Oct 2014, 17:19

I had the same issues like you did. Turns out that the game runs very hot so I manually set the fans on max on my gpu's. Problem solved. Just my thought on it.

Thylbanus

Post by Thylbanus » 04 Oct 2014, 00:45

Post your specs when you have tech issues. It usually helps to see what you are working with before diagnosis can be actually done.

Return to General Discussion