Gameplay suggestions

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

GrimmLiberty

Gameplay suggestions

Post by GrimmLiberty » 30 Sep 2014, 02:01

Alrighty, I have been playing a while now, testing things, and bug hunting.
[ https://lifeisfeudal.com/mantis/ for those that don't know!]

Here is what I would suggest for the game overall so far... these are not major changes, I think?
(they are more ascetics and keeping it close to reality type of things....)

1) Darkness slider, limit it to 1.25, please. I and many others feel it is a GREAT thing to have Dark Nights! It makes up part of the unique 'feel' of this game!

2) Apple trees are an issue, they produce enough apples to be 'realistic enough' however, the Quality should depend on the same things other Gatherables depend on, AND they should go bad once picked, after a couple of days?
(Almost everyone I've heard discuss it say "Apples are OP".... so we seem to be in agreement. )

3) Fuel burns at too high a rate, and if you try to slow it down via the timer setting in the config, it doesn't get hot enough for smelting. My thought is a decent 'trees worth' of hardwood billets should last for four or five game days. Since we don't seem to control the ratios for this, maybe it can burn slower and still produce as much smelting heat?

4) The way the map is designed, the sun/moon shows through the water even after 'settings'
Please, please, please fit that.
(And if at all possible fix that if a one pixel hole in line with the sun and your characters camera is open you see the whole sun's brightness.... in the woods with the sun low, this can lead to an annoying strobe effect when running.)

5) Make skinned/looted corpses disappear after a minute or so... having them as persistent containers not only is clutter the server has to track, but on a crash/reset, they 'respawn' and thus can be exploited. Now, if someone kills something and wants to bring it back 'village' then it would stay, until looted or skinned...

6) For the GM tools, would it be possible to make a script so that a gm could mass level an area while in observe mode? Pick a level in the mapped area and right click to level all in the mapped area to that level? No resources needed or gained? Maybe require they delete all objects first, so they are absolutely sure they want to do it?

7) For server Admins, a way to delete accounts, all characters on said accounts, and all containers/items for said characters? These databases will become a bit cumbersome after a short while on popular servers without those tools.

8 ) Make Claims on a 14 day timer instead of 24 hours? Please. Or make it so it is a setting for the server, so the Admin can decide? And make it so that it refreshes Only when used by the owner. Not everyone will play every day, but if you own property, should visit it.

9) make containers on Claimed land only be usable by the owner unless they set a container to "used by all". (I'd like to see a real permissions system, but this will do for now)

10) make an Admin setting for the server for how long it takes crops to grow based upon the number Server Days it should take, so changing the day length of the server and crop growth match what the Admin wants?

[EDIT]
11) Please fix the movables, like logs, so people can't use them to exploit. Make "log bin" to hold them that can't be climbed on?

12) Logging should take longer to chop down trees? Maybe 2.5-3 times longer? IRL it takes time with an axe, even if you are a professional, a lot longer than it does for say, plant fiber harvesting...

13) And stump removal needs something 'extra' to encourage it? Maybe have it give a handful of billets to those who dig them up?

14) Speed should not Just be based on Equipment, but also on a % of encumbrance, please? Overburdened people should barely be able to move.
[/EDIT]

... anyhow, I have lots of ideas, but these are some of the ones I feel would add to the flavor of the game and yet be moderately easy to implement.

-Grimm
Last edited by GrimmLiberty on 30 Sep 2014, 13:06, edited 3 times in total.

Stianos

Re: Gameplay suggestions

Post by Stianos » 30 Sep 2014, 03:46

+1

Hitch333

Post by Hitch333 » 05 Oct 2014, 16:39

+1
Excellent post! Great work!

I am having extremely slow log in times for my players on my server, including me! like 10-15 minute load times in to server. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Hitch

Venciera
Alpha Tester

Post by Venciera » 05 Oct 2014, 20:17

+1 Great, very sensible suggestions!

Some thoughts...

2) I totally agree that apples are OP. Good, quality food needs to be harder to come by IMO.

11) We really need a land, or object claim system. That would solve a lot of these issues.

12) I've chopped down trees before and it is indeed a lot of work. I've played the tree chopping minigame in the MMO, but even that was a little too easy. I feel like the type, and quality of a tree should factor into how much time it takes to cut it down. Cutting down a tree should take almost as long as tunneling IMO.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas