LOW FPS - Game is unplayable.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Frontal
Alpha Tester

LOW FPS - Game is unplayable.

Post by Frontal » 05 Oct 2014, 13:40

Without decay or server cleanups every single server that has any population in it becomes unplayable after a week.

The fps drops from a solid 80 to 20- is some situations and some areas. It becomes completely unplayable so next focus should be on performance and server clean-ups.

It really is unplayable specially in pvp situations.

Carrion

Re: LOW FPS - Game is unplayable.

Post by Carrion » 05 Oct 2014, 15:59

Some servers have wiped and started over after the signifigant update, kind of nessiary. Rkszone.com has meese and junk clean up and is preforming really well, 40 -60 fps.

You should try hosting your own to see if you get higher fps, because then you can isolate it to bad servers and not your client or computer setup.

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 05 Oct 2014, 16:14

It's got nothing to do with good bad servers, After 1-2 weeks any 50-60 population server will go down to shit fps. It's a fact. If you say your server has constant 70 fps for players in it then either it's new or not populated. This is because of the objects created.
AQ

Thylbanus

Post by Thylbanus » 05 Oct 2014, 19:50

It's good to see specs of your rig, too. I had someone last week complaining about how "unplayable" it was and finally found out that they were running with half the minimum specs for RAM.

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 05 Oct 2014, 20:15

You guys still don't get it has nothing to do with the player's pc. It's the server that causing the low fps on this issue I'm talking. We need object decay or else servers will need a reset every 4-5 weeks.

Thylbanus

Post by Thylbanus » 06 Oct 2014, 00:25

Frontal wrote:You guys still don't get it has nothing to do with the player's pc. It's the server that causing the low fps on this issue I'm talking. We need object decay or else servers will need a reset every 4-5 weeks.

It might be because we have not seen this issue pop up for us. Yes, I play on a private server that is up 24/7 (except for those annoying crashes) with player ranges from two or three up to max of 64, but we have no need for a reset and my rig handles it just fine. The server has been up since launch.

Return to General Discussion