Griefing.

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Beerbatov

Griefing.

Post by Beerbatov » 28 Sep 2014, 14:14

This isn't a hate thread, i really enjoy LiF and think it has great potential and hope to see it succeed. I will start playing again when its fixed, only so much someone can take.

How it can be done(that i am aware of):

Logging in the from sky completely negates walls and gates.

The charge bug also allows you to jump 3meters into the air and over walls.

Not being able to claim your workbenches/tubs/drying racks ETC allows people to either throw them underground or into orbit.

Fireplaces, obviously this will be fixed in the future but buildings can't be removed allowing them to ruin building areas you have set out.

Here is an example:

Short fixes for the above.

Force log in at your spawn location unless you have a house claimed so you land at your house/spawn instead.

Remove charge until its fixed. I have tested charge to see if it can actually hit people and it can't so it doesn't even do its own function properly. (Tested on a stood still target from varied range)

The ability to claim workbenches/tubs/drying racks ETC with 12hour durations so people can't ruin your hardwork.

The ability to deconstruct fireplaces, the materials are easy to obtain and seem to be the common building used to grief.

Before someone says they get bored or maybe my wall & gate isn't secure, ive had the same person log in at 3-5AM everyday just to grief where we have built, i stood still and faked being AFK to see how he got in and it was done by logging in and out.

I think if it isn't addressed the people who play and test this game properly are going to end up leaving.

Balagor
Beta Tester

Re: Griefing.

Post by Balagor » 28 Sep 2014, 22:56

This post seriously needs more attention. Me and 6 other people had been playing on one of the bluefang server, wehn we looged on this morning someone had griefed everything. Our tanning tubs, workbenches and other things had been lowered way deep into the ground. Logs were flying hundreds of meters in the sky and tunnels were dug around where walls were about to go down.

This costed us over 80 hours of work each (been playing since the start).

This issue seriously needs to be dealt with fast before the griefs become to much and the rage flood begins on the forum from angy people who got griefed.

Rx25

Post by Rx25 » 29 Sep 2014, 00:30

How does one 'charge' into the air 3 metres high. I'd like to know, for science :angel:

Cotroneo

Post by Cotroneo » 29 Sep 2014, 00:46

Yeah, not to mention when you and 10 others pour hours and hours of time into a stone gatehouse, just to have some greifer come and cancel the construction, pissing all over your hard work and dedication.

Thylbanus

Post by Thylbanus » 29 Sep 2014, 00:47

Balagor wrote:This post seriously needs more attention. Me and 6 other people had been playing on one of the bluefang server, wehn we looged on this morning someone had griefed everything. Our tanning tubs, workbenches and other things had been lowered way deep into the ground. Logs were flying hundreds of meters in the sky and tunnels were dug around where walls were about to go down.

This costed us over 80 hours of work each (been playing since the start).

This issue seriously needs to be dealt with fast before the griefs become to much and the rage flood begins on the forum from angy people who got griefed.

That seems par for the course on bluefang.

Odd idea, don't use bluefang servers.

Nebun

Post by Nebun » 29 Sep 2014, 01:03

and without land claims and dickhead can come to ur camp, to ur flattened ground and build a wooden fence in the middle so all ur building plan for that areas is screwed, just because u can't remove this fence from ur ground :)

Dods

Post by Dods » 30 Sep 2014, 16:47

I said it before in other threads and I'll say it again. True players who desire to test these systems and enjoy LiF:yo are constantly plagued by passerby gamers and griefers. Until authority is implemented into the game the ENTIRE reason for this game is negated (my opinion).

Do like my friends and I have done. We all agree it is fun. We all agree we would like to play. However, in the game's current state the actual systems and mechanics cannot be properly tested without players seriously wasting personal time trying to continually rebuild, etc.

In conclusion, wait for the game to actually be released with the skills and systems in place to actually be tested. Because as it stands they are working on "server and client issues". Let the casual passerby players help them with those issues.

Once all systems and skills have been implemented and casual gamers move on to "Candy Crush 14 the saga continues" the real testing can begin.

Rhinosaurus

Post by Rhinosaurus » 30 Sep 2014, 21:45

Suggestion for deconstruct griefing... Don't put mats in until you have enough. Problem 90% solved.

Jalpha

Post by Jalpha » 01 Oct 2014, 07:02

Do servers seriously not have active GMs?

Jaxomadar

Post by Jaxomadar » 01 Oct 2014, 16:54

Since you can deconstruct an object before you build it maybe a similar deconstruct can be made for after you build it. Have it tied to the Character GUID if need be. That or make objects have hit points and let people destroy them. Or have it that only certain buildings can be destroyed.

I'd also like to be able to fill back in tunnels.

Yes greifing would still occur as people could attack your buildings and destroy them, but isn't that what will be happening as they implement warfare?

Beerbatov

Post by Beerbatov » 04 Oct 2014, 00:57

Honestly needs attention from Dev's even a reply would be nice on the matter.

This is after the most recent patch.

Official Server #35. PATb Clan at it again, known to grief on other servers.

IGN and their steam profiles.

FrodoThalbert - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031259499/

OrcSevenMistrat - http://steamcommunity.com/id/pesikotus/

AliveHACPATB - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008918042/

LipasHACPATB - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198101741950/

Probably more of these rats, il get their steam profiles when they are online but they usually go offline when we are on because they can't fight and just hide in their house or log out.
Last edited by Beerbatov on 04 Oct 2014, 12:55, edited 7 times in total.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 04 Oct 2014, 02:10

This really needs to be addressed, before all enthusiastic fans of this game leave with a very sour taste in their mouths. The relog or /stuck trick to spawn in the air and get even over Castle Walls is the most annoying, followed by the floating log stairs (which should've been fixed today but hasn't), followed by the pounce/charge jump.

Until these are fixed people will keep being bullied away from this potentially amazing game. Even though it's alpha, people are far less likely to return if their main memories are of severe grieving.
Pioneer LiF:YO modder
Author of Life is Balanced
My Modding Guide

Blackout

Post by Blackout » 04 Oct 2014, 05:03

I knew this problems existed from the beginning. Played a lot of rust before and i know how must idiots online behave.

That was the reason i rented a server for my friends and me, set a password on it and we can enjoy the early alpha without even worry about griefers ;)

This is a serious issue for public servers, but to be honest, maybe you guys should look out for servers protected with passwords and active admins. They are out there, with awesome gameplay :)

Just don't play on the public ones until the Devs found a way to reduce the griefing. :good:

Cotroneo

Post by Cotroneo » 05 Oct 2014, 15:00

Rhinosaurus wrote:Suggestion for deconstruct griefing... Don't put mats in until you have enough. Problem 90% solved.

That's helped a lot. I don't know why we didn't think of that before.

Jalpha wrote:Do servers seriously not have active GMs?

We do now with the GM patch.

Maegfaer wrote:This really needs to be addressed, before all enthusiastic fans of this game leave with a very sour taste in their mouths. The relog or /stuck trick to spawn in the air and get even over Castle Walls is the most annoying, followed by the floating log stairs (which should've been fixed today but hasn't), followed by the pounce/charge jump.

Until these are fixed people will keep being bullied away from this potentially amazing game. Even though it's alpha, people are far less likely to return if their main memories are of severe grieving.

+1 - You just hit the .001 mm thick nail head, dead in the center of a 200 km wide hammer.

Elias79

Post by Elias79 » 05 Oct 2014, 17:05

Temp fix is to play on a good private server where the admin can fix these greifs and ban if needed.

Svenne1993

Post by Svenne1993 » 06 Oct 2014, 01:42

I think this is very very good post , me and my team has the same freakin problem , we need to find a ton of in game solutions to keep our stuff safe , or tto be fast enough ! it realy fucks up game exp ... i realy hope they will READ this and do something about it realy fast , the game is so in depth and will be so good , ( this is already so good :crazy: ) realy hope the ' griefing ' will not fuck this up ...

Ps: realy enjoyed my time so far in this game

Adamld85

Post by Adamld85 » 06 Oct 2014, 01:55

Elias79 wrote:Temp fix is to play on a good private server where the admin can fix these greifs and ban if needed.

To be fair GMs have very blunt tools in really only being able to kick or ban.

That's fine if they are using exploits, cheating, breaking the rules. But it gets murkier when trying to punish people for griefing.

We spend a LOT of time just finding them in the map. Even more time wasted watching them to see / confirm what they are doing is a problem.

Then we have no way to enforce any rules. If they are using the games Alpha status to exploit advantages the GMs are actually vulnerable to this as well.

It's a joke really.
LT.
7Gamers.com.au

Beerbatov

Post by Beerbatov » 06 Oct 2014, 11:43

Adamld85 wrote:
Elias79 wrote:Temp fix is to play on a good private server where the admin can fix these greifs and ban if needed.

To be fair GMs have very blunt tools in really only being able to kick or ban.

That's fine if they are using exploits, cheating, breaking the rules. But it gets murkier when trying to punish people for griefing.

We spend a LOT of time just finding them in the map. Even more time wasted watching them to see / confirm what they are doing is a problem.

Then we have no way to enforce any rules. If they are using the games Alpha status to exploit advantages the GMs are actually vulnerable to this as well.

It's a joke really.

Even worse on Official servers since none are moderated anything goes.

On the server im playing on we have seen about 5-6 well built camps ruined by the same griefers and the teams of people playing have quit, Thats around 20 players who bought this game. The server was average 30-40players now its peak is 10players.

I tried to point this out to Devs but it honestly seems like they dont care that alot of their players are leaving or having their experience ruined.

Their log fix still doesn't stop people making stairs to jump over walls & the fact the charge glitch is still in the game doesn't make sense.

Dervan

Post by Dervan » 06 Oct 2014, 16:56

Personally i never imagined to play this game on a public server. It seems pretty obvious that playing with randoms players on the alpha version of the game is not a good idea when you can spend hundred of hours to build your village. At the moment the only solution is to play on a private server with selected players. You can set internal rules and it's way easier to force people to respect them when you know who is playing.

Flashmek

Post by Flashmek » 08 Oct 2014, 13:41

unfortunatly, rust has this very same issue of people griefing or ruining whats going on around you and thats the bad points of an open sandbox with other players, your able to do things you would not otherwise come across or have a problem with.

rules just have to be enforced with an iron fist by really active admins and eventually tools will be put in place to fix problems or revert damage done, after all its in alpha and not everything is implemented and i think thats where the problems most are facing lay.

at least its not a hacker who spawns in 20 million TNT and blows up everything you built and the land around it in a 20km radius and crashes the server.

give it a while and im sure things will be better :)

Return to Feedback Section