Affordable low slot server hosts?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Ibab

Affordable low slot server hosts?

Post by Ibab » 25 Sep 2014, 19:41

I've been running a server locally on my computer for me and my friends. However, the game keeps crashing several times and that means I must restart the game and the server. (Because steam wont let me launch the game unless the server is closed as well)

At the moment, the current Hosting Providers only have 40 and 64 slot servers at $30 price tag. I don't need a 40 slot server, all I need is 5-10 slots.

I've contacted those 2 sites asking if it's possible to get a server with less slots and for cheaper price, but so far I haven't gotten an answer and I don't wish to wait days for it.

Does anyone know where I could get a small, 5-10 slot server for affordable price? All I need is ability to set a password and change the rates.

BlueFangServers
Alpha Tester

Re: Affordable low slot server hosts?

Post by BlueFangServers » 02 Oct 2014, 15:02

Hi there,

It is virtually impossible at this time to base price ranges on player slots as the server resource usage takes up 4GB of RAM. It seems that pretty much every host so far has been charging by the amount of RAM (the maximum is 4GB since the game is written on a 32-bit platform). We charge $34.99/month for any player slots 1-64 as any amount of players, because of memory leaks, will use all 4GB of RAM. Its just a matter of time. We charge $34.99/month for 4GB of our Minecraft hosting so it made sense to charge the same for our Life is Feudal hosting.

Bobik has made it clear in this post inquiries-into-dev-progression-t3102/ that they are aware of the memory leaks and are working to resolve them. Once they have implemented memory leak fixes or garbage collection methods to prevent the server from going over 4GB of RAM we can re-evaluate our pricing structure for the game.

I hope this better explains the pricing that we have as well as why any other host will most likely follow the same pricing plan.

Blackout

Post by Blackout » 02 Oct 2014, 15:18

I got 6 slot server from Nitrado.de
From 4 - 64 slots it's all possible there. Price is more than fair.

WDMeaun

Post by WDMeaun » 02 Oct 2014, 15:24

Mister BlueFangServers,

I do actually have a follow-up question.

First of all.. I tend to join existing communities instead of making my own and it's the same with servers.
(Why would I start a new one, if there are already existing populated ones).

By whom are the Bluefang servers currently hosted? (read: paid by whom).

I am playing on #5, London, myself.. and in any case you want to drop the server, I would like to note that I can take on the financial costs myself.
(ie. when you want to bring the server down, gimme a holla)

I don't have any comments on the memory/pricing. I find it quite amazing for a M&B game to have this much already.

Artis

Post by Artis » 02 Oct 2014, 16:31

You guys are welcome to join my server as a settlement/kingdom. Send me a PM if your interested.
Kingdoms 24/7|Settlements|Guilds|Events|ActiveAdmins

http://shadowrangers.enjin.com

FileXxX

Post by FileXxX » 02 Oct 2014, 16:51

Nitrado - best German hoster at the moment.

Got a 4 slot server for 4€ (1 month). Works perfectly.

BlueFangServers
Alpha Tester

Post by BlueFangServers » 08 Oct 2014, 19:39

Blackout wrote:I got 6 slot server from Nitrado.de
From 4 - 64 slots it's all possible there. Price is more than fair.

Sure you can get a 6 slot server from them at 6.00 EUR ($7.49) and a 64 slot at 49.00 EUR ($62.00 USD) per month

Or you can get ANY amount of slots 1-64 at a flat rate of $34.99 (28.00 EUR) per month from us.

Our offer sounds much more fair to me seeing as how our 64 slot is 44% cheaper than their 64 slot package. Would you rather pay $62.00/month for a server that crashes at 4GB of RAM no matter what or pay only $34.99/month for the same server?

We also offer a lot more data-center locations.

But hey, to each their own. :D
Last edited by BlueFangServers on 08 Oct 2014, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 08 Oct 2014, 20:01

May I suggest not using a certain prominent hosting service as a server provider?

An unnamed person wrote the server provider saying that my buddy was trolling them on the server by attacking them.

and got them banned via steam id.

It is best to not have your host interfering with your server.

BlueFangServers
Alpha Tester

Post by BlueFangServers » 08 Oct 2014, 20:18

Stormsblade wrote:May I suggest not using a certain prominent hosting service as a server provider?

An unnamed person wrote the server provider saying that my buddy was trolling them on the server by attacking them.

and got them banned via steam id.

It is best to not have your host interfering with your server.

I'm probably right in assuming this situation is part of a series of events that have been occurring on our official BlueFangSolutions.com hosted servers. These servers are not customer servers and are hosted by us for free for the community. The actions taken on these free community servers are not a reflection of how we handle customers and their services. There is a very obvious difference between official community servers and servers hosted by paying clients. We have privacy policies in place that prevent our staff from messing with your player base and server files unless you initiate a support request for our assistance.

Return to General Discussion