Artyem's List of Mild Inconveniences (TL;DR)

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Artyem

Artyem's List of Mild Inconveniences (TL;DR)

Post by Artyem » 08 Oct 2014, 22:06

First of all, I realize that this game is in alpha and that the developers have set their priorities to fixing crashes and major bugs, but these things should be pointed out anyway. Most of these suggestions are just opinions, but a few are fact based.

As the title of the thread states, these are mild inconveniences and are in no way super important.

1. Bastard Sword
http://i.imgur.com/D5csJiH.jpg?1

The bastard sword is currently too large. A bastard sword or "hand and a half sword" is essentially a typical long sword with a grip that can be used with one or two hands. The blade should be of comparable size to a typical one-handed longsword and can be worn at the hip.

I'm not suggesting that we make the bastard sword a one-hander / two-hander like you'd see in Warband, but either rename it to "Great Sword" or make the blade and grip shorter.

This rant basically applies to a lot of the weapons in the game, and it's a very very minor inconvenience.

2. Militia Weapons and Spears

I've complained a lot about this before, and I still believe that spears should be easily obtained and used in the early stages of the game. This can be easily achieved by switching the positions of Padded Armor Use and Spear Use on the skill tree. It would still restrict people from using ridiculous builds and would give people early access to weapons that aren't pitch forks.

3. Groups / Claims / Alignment

The developers very clearly stated that LiF:YO would not receive a guild system. Regardless of this, I believe that the game requires some sort of group / clan / tribe system. People are inclined to work together, and currently the only way to store items that everybody can access is through loot bags that literally anybody can open.

Claims work fine right now, but there NEEDS to be a way to have multiple people claim something. Even if it's just a limited number, only three people can claim and use a gatehouse, ten can claim and use the large houses, two people can claim the warehouse, whatever. The important thing is that you have houses that can house 10+ people but can only be opened / closed by one person.

Alignment is also pretty useless in Lif:YO, you can group up to avoid losing it when you're training. But going to war with another group of players forces you to lose alignment that is just ridiculous. Personally I'd be fine with it being removed entirely from Your Own, but adding a clan / group system to the game would work fine too.

I'll be updating this thread as I continue to play the game and find more mild inconveniences. The devs have done a great job with the game so far, and I am by no means upset or disappointed with their work. These are just simple things that I feel should be added / fixed.
Veteran c-RPG player

Return to Suggestions and Ideas