Progressive raise of skill point requirement

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Viik

Progressive raise of skill point requirement

Post by Viik » 09 Oct 2014, 13:15

A simple idea, switch from equal skill point distribution over different skills to progressively higher one as you ascend skill branch. To simplify understanding or skill requirements, introduce levels of skill.
For example:
Nature lore - Level I 30sp, Level II 60sp, Level III 90sp, Level IV 100sp
->
Logging - Level I 35sp, Level II 70sp, Level III 105sp, Level IV 140sp
->
Carpentry - Level I 40sp, Level II 80sp, Level III 120sp, Level IV 160sp
and so on...

Levels would define your abilities and unlocks. Progressively higher skill point requirements mean that you can trade a Level IV skill later in branch (War Machines, Architecture and etc) for a couple of skills earlier in branch (terraforming, nature lore and etc.). Which would better reflect complexity and resource requirement of getting skills which are later in branch.
Implications of such system, early in game, skills such as architecture are not so useful as you don't have resources to complete those buildings. So you can invest in other skills, such as be able to prepare logs and boards yourselves. As village develops and architecture projects become viable, you have to abandon you other skills and skill up architecture, at this point you will rely on others to prepare materials for you.

What is your opinion folks?

Return to Feedback Section