Nerf the the wolf

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Rchgns
Alpha Tester

Nerf the the wolf

Post by Rchgns » 03 Oct 2014, 22:53

Can the wolf even be killed? 5 hits with a claymore and 6 stabs with a pitchfork and it's still chasing. Not to mention me and a friend died because of the lag. Wolf definitely needs a nerf.

Dreamie

Re: Nerf the fuck out of the wolf

Post by Dreamie » 03 Oct 2014, 23:22

1-2 Hits with a Crossbow and hes dead. easy if you got a crossbow. with anything else its a pain indeed. - if you fight it like it should be, otherwise get him to the water and than death poke him

Kaltivel

Re: Nerf the fuck out of the wolf

Post by Kaltivel » 03 Oct 2014, 23:39

Dreamie wrote:1-2 Hits with a Crossbow and hes dead. easy if you got a crossbow. with anything else its a pain indeed. - if you fight it like it should be, otherwise get him to the water and than death poke him

Light Crossbow takes 4 or 5 hits for me to kill a wolf...meanwhile the wolf can kill me in 4 seconds because he has ridiculous attack speed and completely ignores my armor. Really wolf? You just made me bleed through my plate armor? If their attack speed was halved and armor negation were solved wolves would be an appropriate challenge instead of being blatantly overpowered. There's no reason a wolf should be hitting me 3 times in 1 second, stunning me, and then wounding me and making me bleed through my plate armor.

I haven't tried to arbalest yet but hopes aren't high.

Dreamie

Re: Nerf the the wolf

Post by Dreamie » 04 Oct 2014, 01:11

mh, tbh not sure which crossbows they had.
2 Friends of our Village went hunting today first time with a crossbow (finnaly some ropes yey :3), each one shots one (or maybe 2) time and the wolf was dead.
Maybe i mixed it with the Moose near by he shot after, the moose did take definitiv 2 shots till he died of one of the hunters.

They where hunting almost naked, but indeed wolfs do a hell of dmg. Bit OP, but kay.

----- that was just to correct my previously post

Would say to wolfs have to get nerfed, for beginners realy a pain, try to kill it with starting cloth and a sling, very funny :D, can do it if you hit good, run , hit and run... but if he reaches you....
Never tryed it in a plate... but yeah... op dps always

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 09 Oct 2014, 11:26

Wolves stats will rebalanced, also there is a bug that seem to ignore armor, and that will be fixed as well. :)

Desperado100

Post by Desperado100 » 09 Oct 2014, 11:39

Wolf is already too easy to kill as it is even with a sling. Just go in the water or high on the mountain where the wolf can not go and the wolf will just stand still while you are shooting at it. You are faster than the wolf so you can easly make him follow you wherever you want.

If you are going to lower its stats you should make it be able to swim and go in the mountains or make it run a little faster.

Tiba666
Alpha Tester

Post by Tiba666 » 11 Oct 2014, 18:17

5-6 sling shot and it dead right ? hit it 3 or 4 times in it head and it will flee from you think they should make the wolf harder to kill o.O it way to underpower after my opinion

Kaltivel

Post by Kaltivel » 12 Oct 2014, 03:27

Tiba666 wrote:5-6 sling shot and it dead right ? hit it 3 or 4 times in it head and it will flee from you think they should make the wolf harder to kill o.O it way to underpower after my opinion

I suppose it's better to say they're neither underpowered nor overpowered -- simply imbalanced. Without a crossbow or pitchfork it's hard to kill (sling is too inaccurate) because if it gets close to you it hits you twice in 1 second, stuns you, makes you bleed, then you die. With a crossbow/bow or pitchfork you can keep distance between yourself and the wolf.

Swords are out of the question vs wolves because they ignore armor and you have to get too close with any sword. They need rebalancing, just like Arrakis said would be done.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas