Town hall, citizen ledger, phone app and messenger ravens.

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Famousbwd

Town hall, citizen ledger, phone app and messenger ravens.

Post by Famousbwd » 14 Oct 2014, 00:02

I was thinking it would be nice to be able to build a town hall where you can officially record civilians in your town/city and set ranks/roles but also have a table inkwell and caged ravens that could be used to send messages to towns people based on rank or even to other towns and the message could go to a phone app if someone is afk. Also the ravens would have to be tamed bred and fed making sending ravens something that can't be spammed but thought about.

Examples: Town is under attack send ravens to soldiers and knights, proposing alliances or trade to other towns, delivering demands etc.

I think this could add a fun mechanic and a call for a Maester style role to towns though I know an app could take time. Any thoughts guys?

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Re: Town hall, citizen ledger, phone app and messenger raven

Post by VindicteMortis » 14 Oct 2014, 00:13

Messenger ravens was an invention in Game of Thrones.

Also there is a misconception with messenger birds. They're not used to deliver messages, they're used to 'return them'. You have to take them somewhere, attach a message, and then they fly home. Thats how they work in the real world.

Most people cooperating will just use steam messenger or a voice program.

Its not a bad idea, but its easily bypassed.

Famousbwd

Re: Town hall, citizen ledger, phone app and messenger raven

Post by Famousbwd » 14 Oct 2014, 01:10

I know they aren't entirely accurate but the idea was more of a lore friendly way to message people that aren't at their computer and other towns so you didn't have to bring countless people to your teamspeak.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas