Punishment/Execution Methods

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Wigster600

Punishment/Execution Methods

Post by Wigster600 » 03 May 2014, 12:11

So, I was busy listening to Iron Maidens "Hallowed Be Thy Name" and it sprung to mind that there should be placeable objects to give out punishments for certain crimes, such as.

Humiliation mask (could lower some sort of prestige skill perhaps)
Stocks (same as above, gives people opportunity to throw rotten fruit)

Branding chair (Brands a person with a makr related to their crime, so other people can see what they've done in the past. Brand is removed on death.)

Hangmans noose (Because how else can you sort out a rebel problem?)

Burning stake (For all your heresy purging needs)

Thanks.
-Wigster600

Hodo
True Believer

Re: Punishment/Execution Methods

Post by Hodo » 03 May 2014, 13:36

I loved how Roma Victor handled the issue with exploiters and hackers, the GM/Devs cruicified the character for the duration of their ban. I think there should be a function like this in LiF. The GMs/Devs should be able to put a hacker/exploiter into stocks or a hanging cage for the duration of the banning.

As for player vs player punishment, it is a PvP world you should be able to handle that yourself.

Wigster600

Post by Wigster600 » 03 May 2014, 13:43

Hodo wrote:I loved how Roma Victor handled the issue with exploiters and hackers, the GM/Devs cruicified the character for the duration of their ban. I think there should be a function like this in LiF. The GMs/Devs should be able to put a hacker/exploiter into stocks or a hanging cage for the duration of the banning.

As for player vs player punishment, it is a PvP world you should be able to handle that yourself.

I know it's a PvP world, just being able to kill someone with a sword or other weapon when rp is involved is quite boring, being able to knock people out, throw them in a cell then punish them would be more fun.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 03 May 2014, 14:17

Wigster600 wrote:
Hodo wrote:I loved how Roma Victor handled the issue with exploiters and hackers, the GM/Devs cruicified the character for the duration of their ban. I think there should be a function like this in LiF. The GMs/Devs should be able to put a hacker/exploiter into stocks or a hanging cage for the duration of the banning.

I know it's a PvP world, just being able to kill someone with a sword or other weapon when rp is involved is quite boring, being able to knock people out, throw them in a cell then punish them would be more fun.

While fun on an RP level, can and will be exploited by some players and not so fun for others.

I have seen this system in another game, Face of Mankind, where a faction of players called the Law Enforcement Department could arrest players and throw them in jail, where they couldn't do anything but mine rocks. You had penalty points you would have to work off, based on the amount of illegal activities you have done. For some players this meant they would be in jail for real life months. Which is a VERY broken mechanic for gameplay abilities, expecially when some LED players could assign penalty points to people.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 03 May 2014, 14:21

Well considering how current system works, guilds will be able to punish people as they desire and lock them in some kind of prison of sort, of course if one will not attempt to escape.

Wigster600

Post by Wigster600 » 03 May 2014, 14:26

Being able to drag people into slavery to be forced labourers in mines would be cool also. :D

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 03 May 2014, 14:28

Wigster600 wrote:Being able to drag people into slavery to be forced labourers in mines would be cool also. :D

The question is, cool for who?

I am sure you can find someone who will RP that.

InnocentFarmer
Alpha Tester

Post by InnocentFarmer » 04 May 2014, 10:01

I'd rather delete character and create a new one.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 04 May 2014, 10:40

Yeah, I don't really think this is viable apart from consensual roleplaying.
But I'd always argue for options. It's nice to have stuff like this in a game for special events.

Flannery
Alpha Tester

Post by Flannery » 04 May 2014, 15:16

Siegbert wrote:Yeah, I don't really think this is viable apart from consensual roleplaying.
But I'd always argue for options.

+1 :beer:
I share this stand on the matter
"The enemy of my enemy - is my friend"

"Tides of War" Pre Alpha Videos
http://www.tidesofwargame.com

Beeskee
Alpha Tester

Post by Beeskee » 08 May 2014, 09:28

Some sort of whitelist could allow folks to engage in this sort of RP without turning the game into a medieval themed bondage dungeon. :D

Ayphion

Post by Ayphion » 14 Oct 2014, 08:11

Regarding punishment. On the server I am on the two and upcoming third settlment seem to have a posse when local ruffians are on the loose. This usally ends up witchunting the poor bugger.

Regarding say Stocks or my favourite Gibbets (caged ones) would add to the LiF:Yo and MMO. such things to be implemented on these structrues would be like.

- No praying to teleport to home or random if no set spawn point.

- you are stuck in there till you starve to death or beg someone to kill you. Of course the local bishop or lord could free you on request.

- Possible jail break where the said friends could try to pick the lock. but on failure to pick it breaks the lock and the person in the stock/gibbet is stuck there for the long haul.

in regards to players whom says "I'll delete and make a new character". Put a system in place, untill you die in such devices you are not able to create or delete any characters till that one is passed on.

"you do the crime you do the time". I would think this would make people really think about crime and punishment, an add a bit o fun if your friends could try to break you out.

I guess the same could apply to a keep dungeon.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas