Remove Skill Requirements for Outfits

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Remove Skill Requirements for Outfits

Post by Elysana » 09 Oct 2014, 10:36

Hi there!

As written in the wiki, there are requirements for Outfits. These requirements should be removed, as these clothes seem be mostly for roleplay flavor than anything else. I think having Armor Knowledge Requirements is already limiting enough, but not being able to wear a Monk's Outfit just because you don't have 60 in Piety, or a Cook's Outfit because you don't have 60 in Cooking, or Decorated Clothes for not having 60 in Farming is simply preposterous and ridiculous.

Not being able to wear outfits just because you don't have a certain set of skills breaks immersion.

Thank you, and more power to Life is Feudal!

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Remove Skill Requirements for Outfits

Post by Siegbert » 09 Oct 2014, 10:44

+1

Viik

Post by Viik » 09 Oct 2014, 10:53

If I understood mechanics correctly, outfits give you buff to your skills. Which means you can have let's say 90 in forging and have effective skill of 100 if you wear smith apron.

Fox327
Alpha Tester

Post by Fox327 » 09 Oct 2014, 18:26

Well, I think they have to stay.

If you don't have the required skill to do, for example, Advanced recipes, then you aren't a real cook yet, because you can make some basic stuff.

If you keep the skill, you can see the profession that he has. Then you don't get those trolls who are Grandmaster Smith who wear a Monk's Outfit...

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Post by Elysana » 09 Oct 2014, 23:53

I honestly don't care about skills getting buffed if it means making outfits unwearable just because you don't have the required skill.

If you're roleplaying as a "lord", for example, and you don't have 60 in Farming skill, you won't be able to wear Decorated Clothes, which is what I think nobles would wear.

And why would wearing a Monk's Outfit while being a grandmaster smith considered trolling? What if they're roleplaying as a cult, of sorts, and all their members wear Monk's Outfit, for example? I think that would be awesome.

Robbyzahm

Post by Robbyzahm » 10 Oct 2014, 01:49

instead of skill requirements for outfits why not sure the attributes like strength and constitution? that would make more since to me.
have monks cloths 1 strength and armor be 15 strength or something like that

Viik

Post by Viik » 10 Oct 2014, 09:03

Elysana wrote:I honestly don't care about skills getting buffed if it means making outfits unwearable just because you don't have the required skill.

If you're roleplaying as a "lord", for example, and you don't have 60 in Farming skill, you won't be able to wear Decorated Clothes, which is what I think nobles would wear.

And why would wearing a Monk's Outfit while being a grandmaster smith considered trolling? What if they're roleplaying as a cult, of sorts, and all their members wear Monk's Outfit, for example? I think that would be awesome.

I think you would need a separate set of cloth, purely for decorative purposes. Outfits were made as additional mechanics to boost crafting. Additional clothes would be really cool, decorative armors would be cool as well, like exclusive helmets and breastplates for tournaments and other social occasions.

Demetrius

Post by Demetrius » 10 Oct 2014, 09:56

+1 keep the buff, remove the requirements

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 10 Oct 2014, 12:29

Demetrius wrote:+1 keep the buff, remove the requirements

Sounds fair... If you want to forge wearing a full plate armor you can do so, but don't expect to be as effective as wearing a smith's cloth.

Centric

Post by Centric » 10 Oct 2014, 15:09

Keep the buff, but keep it small.
Add additional quality of outfit per tier.
Add more options for mundane/ everyday clothes.
Add a clothing line tied to 'authority' tiers.
Add a heraldic editor with a large amount of options.
Add tabards, cloaks, capes, funny medieval hats.

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Post by Elysana » 13 Oct 2014, 07:09

Centric wrote:Keep the buff, but keep it small.
Add additional quality of outfit per tier.
Add more options for mundane/ everyday clothes.
Add a clothing line tied to 'authority' tiers.
Add a heraldic editor with a large amount of options.
Add tabards, cloaks, capes, funny medieval hats.

+1. Very much agree. Cloaks, capes, medieval hats. Fancy gowns. Bobik has shown me some gowns before, and they look fine!

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 13 Oct 2014, 09:08

The skill requirement should stay as it is... in real life, a cook will not be wearing a farmer's outfit. To stop that from happening in-game, the requirement is necessary. Some "non-RPers" will just prefer to wear a different outfit when walking around because it "looks cooler", not caring about the buffs it gives them. Who wouldn't want to be a sword-weiding "master chef"?

Personally, i enjoy being able to walk up to anybody and immediately solicit their unique services, without having to ask for confirmation first if they are who they represent themselves to be.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 14 Oct 2014, 13:53

I think people in this game will be more likely to roleplay anyway because a majority seems to be organized in guilds which generally do encourage roleplaying.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas