Market or market stalls

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Ayphion

Market or market stalls

Post by Ayphion » 14 Oct 2014, 06:20

I was reading the boat/dock thread (whcih is a cool idea). and thought about land based markets. Would a construction of either a whole market say 8x8 or 10x10 maybe? or individual stalls? 1x2? to make a market area for players to set up wares to trade (on LiF:YO) we seem to have a lot of requests to trade things but no real central point for comerce. The stalls would act as a trading window where both parties could place what they are trading in their trade box and the buyer would do the same in his box.

Both players would then push "shake hands" which then locks the trade window to stop people pulling items out on last minute and then the "confirm" button which only highlights up when both are shaking hands.

would save waiting for 2 minutes after dropping a bag and then possibly some cheeky git run in and ruin the deal.

Policing of the area would be up to the community involved. but I would guess most merchants would have guards anyhow. :D

Thesnoo23

Re: Market or market stalls

Post by Thesnoo23 » 14 Oct 2014, 18:25

That's a decent idea, but rather than confining it to a defined market area, you should be able to have that sort of lock/trade interface available anywhere. Just right click on the person, and select trade.
It wouldn't prevent areas from organically becoming trade centers as people simply go where there are other people in order to find stuff to trade.

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 14 Oct 2014, 23:20

already in the works

http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Trading_post

if your settlement wants to RP that building into a whole market then go for it. Mine will definitely have a market surrounding it. and crafted furniture/goods placed inside.

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 15 Oct 2014, 01:04

ImpireDanald wrote:I dont like the idea of what you put in your trading post being available everywhere with a trading post. Its anti-immersion. Trade should be a thing that you have to travel to do... in person or at a LOCAL trading post (where what is sold is whats AT the post not whats sold on the other side of the map) so that things like trade routes,embargos, and tuff lik that start popping up.

I agree by like have the post ontop of that. In the MMO the trading post is really only going to be available to largish settlements. Most players are going to have to load up a cart and trek to central city to use the post/market there. So your going to get the immersion your after like that.

Also, I plan on being a highwayman. So I REALLLLLLY hope this ends up working!!!

Ayphion

Post by Ayphion » 15 Oct 2014, 06:34

ImpireDanald wrote:I dont like the idea of what you put in your trading post being available everywhere with a trading post. Its anti-immersion. Trade should be a thing that you have to travel to do... in person or at a LOCAL trading post (where what is sold is whats AT the post not whats sold on the other side of the map) so that things like trade routes,embargos, and tuff lik that start popping up.

I didn't suggest and i quote "trading post being available everywhere". I suggested a market or market stalls. Markets are traditionally found in settlements and towns. Usually only after a merchants guild or local authority has the backing of either the local merchants or ruling lord. My whole suggestion was we'll need a trading area for people who have wares to sell and not a bunch of peasants standing on the side of the road like fleas spouting "selling tuffs of plant fiber! good quality dirt here!".

Venciera
Alpha Tester

Post by Venciera » 15 Oct 2014, 07:43

I hate trying to set up trades with other players. I hate WTS/WTB nonsense. I hate getting into a settlement only to find out that no ones available to trade with. Players can't be online all day so I'd prefer a market stale, or booth where I can browse their wares, and purchase an item. I feel this is a very important element to making a successful, player driven economy.

Thankfully that's the plan.

Potdisc

Post by Potdisc » 15 Oct 2014, 07:50

In regards to trading posts, its only the content that's viewable from anywhere - you still have to travel to the actual building to trade.

On topic: While I like your idea, it doesn't differ much from the planned player-player trading (like in most others MMOs) except for the building part. You could always construct a small stall from chests/other furniture to get something to stand behind.

Potdisc

Post by Potdisc » 15 Oct 2014, 14:14

As I said: You can't - and nobody suggested that.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas