Prospecting Additions

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
ETEl2NAL407

Prospecting Additions

Post by ETEl2NAL407 » 12 Oct 2014, 23:49

My suggestion is to incorporate a new mechanic to prospecting:
Flagging.

Flags can be crafted by mixing Branches and Plant Fiber, 1+1=1.

Flags will stack and weigh 0.01 stones each.

While Prospecting, add in an option (as long as Flag are in inventory) to "Prospect & Observe" (could be shortened in game to "P&O - Iron", etc.). This will bring up the normal range slider for prospecting and after the range is selected, the normal animation will proceed, but the view will pan out wide and the Terraforming Observe grid will be seen.

Depending on results of the prospect, a player may, after the animation, choose to Flag the block.

This could be very useful when prospecting and adds realism as well as immersion. Without giving the ore locations away through beefed up GUI or HUD, the difficulty in finding ore will still persist, but now a more involved player will be able to coordinate their own efforts through marking the ground with craft-able flags.

I would link skills for crafting flags as well as placing them to Construction Preparation, same as shaping rocks. This would mean a player could go straight into prospecting and gain some Constr. Prep skills while doing so. Then completely forget about it while they raise terraforming and feel confident when they start mining since their mines entrances are already marked.

Dargor

Re: Prospecting Additions

Post by Dargor » 15 Oct 2014, 12:16

I support this idea!

Troy0832
Beta Tester

Re: Prospecting Additions

Post by Troy0832 » 16 Oct 2014, 18:44

good post like the idea...

Return to Suggestions and Ideas