Companion War/Hunting Dog

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

JonSnow

Companion War/Hunting Dog

Post by JonSnow » 07 Oct 2014, 22:24

The subject says it all. Basically I think it would be really cool of you could raise a dog from a pup and when it's old enough it can help tou kill moose etc for hunting or even help you in battle. I think there should be different breeds of dogs aswell that are good for different things: a Rottweiler as a battle hound. A German shepherd as a loyal very discipline all around companion hound. And a blood joint for hunting mainly. I think this would be a great feature for the game. Also about the ageing maybe 1 day per growth stage however onece they reach prime age the should stay in that stage for a while 7days maybe and then after that they become old and die. Also another feature could be what you feed them and how much per day as they grow this should affect there muscular appearance and how thy perform in hunting/battle

Thanks!

Hijodeleon

Re: Companion War/Hunting Dog

Post by Hijodeleon » 07 Oct 2014, 23:53

I really wish it was possible to tame this game.

We could tame wild beasts like wolves, dog or cattle and aurochs is possible to have horses.

for example:
we can develop a skill that could tame wild beasts.
One that is not only possible to move the points to be developed up to a certain limit, to the extent that interact with a wild animal without killing either feeding or defending it from other animals and the animal would respond in some cases and not others, approaching it more each time for either nurture it or seeking protection as would happen in real life.
a lone wolf can best respond to domestication than one that travels in packs or uro trapped in a pit may respond better if we took it from there.
Uro is a history of all the cattle that have domesticated throughout our history and dogs come from wolves so that we can absorb more in a real medieval history of shipwreck in a wild and untouched island.
I think this should be the way we get horses also because as is it justified domesticated arriving to the island?

So it may make them tame pheasants and chickens.

But the essence of it all is the skill to tame possessing humans.
All this should be in the game to give better and more immersive.
I think this will bring incalculable benefits to the game.

JonSnow

Post by JonSnow » 08 Oct 2014, 21:35

Yes this is interesting however I think that we shouldn't 'attempt' to train wolves because wolves cannot be tamed unless trained from birth. Wild Dogs are the animals people have been caring and standing side by side. Expecially in the medieval era which LiF is in. Wild Dogs are much easier to tame rather a Wolf - So I would say to be realistic you might find a Mother Dog having her pups in the Woods somewhere and you can take only two of her puppies MAX. After that it is simply you providing for them as they grow up, and once they are at primal age (the age which lasts a week realtime) they are able to come with you hunting etc. Also another feature should be breeding. If you get a male from one litter and then a female from a separate litter you can then breed them. By the way, the map is not always going to be this small island, and yes it is sort of "untouched" but it is the medieval times. So i would say on the island right now it is untouched however we are settlers building etc making it into a kingdom. But once we get to the main map - that is a "touched" land. http://i.imgur.com/nULyXiZ.jpg here is the map. So the "race" selection when you make your character is related to this map. But anyways. Yeh wild dogs -> take puppy -> raise puppy -> hunt/breed/battle hound. :)

JonSnow

Post by JonSnow » 09 Oct 2014, 04:27

Hey man (whoever commented) I think you might need to check up on whats coming to the game
Most of the things you are suggesting are already most definitely coming into the game - remember this is an early access game

Hijodeleon

Post by Hijodeleon » 17 Oct 2014, 11:28

Yes.
and I noticed

Return to Suggestions and Ideas